Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so I'm on day 5 of my liquid pre-op diet and I have only lost 1 pound...1 STICKING POUND!!!! WTH!!!!

What is going on? And what am I doing wrong? I've added up the calories and I'm only taking in 800 calories. So why am I not losing anything?

Has anyone else experienced this????????

I'm doing 3 Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes, 8 oz. a piece and sugar free Jello. Then Crystal Light to drink. That's it, no cheating, nothing!!

Maybe just retaining a lot of fluids for some reason? In any event, I wouldn't worry too much. My understanding is that the primary goal of the pre-op diet is to shrink the liver for surgery and not really to lose weight.

I feel the same way, I'm on day 4 and I haven't lost a single lb. I feel like pulling my hair out but I feel better knowing there's somebody out there whose body is reacting the same. BTW, I guess it's just a coincidence but our stats are almost identical. I am 5'4 and I weigh 304 so I'm at the same BMI as you. I'm from TN so us Southern gals need to stick together. :smile:

Melissa, you're the first person that has said they haven't lost anything...I was beginning to think I was some kind of freak!!!! That makes me feel so much better, but it SUCKS for us!!! So when do you have your surgery? Keep me updated!!!

I'm still in the paperwork phase of things, but from the seminar I went to, I was also under the impression that the liquid diet was designed to shrink fat cells around the liver to gain easier access to the stomach for the banding.

Think back to the things you know from past dieting experience...sometimes when you make a drastic change in your intake your body goes into "panic mode" and thinks you are trying to starve it so it holds on to every precious calorie you put in it, thus no weight loss. That might be what your experiencing. Once your body gets over the shock, you will probably start to lose some weight.

I'm on day 2 and hvnt lost anything!! Lol.. I know that this maybe too soon but I've been really watching my calories and my protien in take...

My hubby says I'm obsessed. Maybe he is right :thumbup:

I'm on day 11 on a pre-op very low energy diet and I've only lost 4 stinking pounds! so I sympathise with you all, our reward will be sometime in the future when it will all drop off in one go!

I'm so hungry though :thumbup:

weight.png

Edited by sallym09

I'm on day 3 and i've lost 10lbs :thumbup: Makes me wonder if I can do this weightloss thing on my own.

Like others said, you may be retaining liquids, or your body is shocked at the sudden change and is holding onto everything.

Give it a few days, you'll be losing in no time. :thumbup:

Reverie...I'm on day 4 pre-opt and has lost 7.5 lbs...I'm having 2nd thoughts and also saying maybe I can do this on my own. Continue with the high Proteins and low/no carbs. I'm so use to chewing on something LOL Mother's Day is coming and the family wants to go out for a bunch....I'm so confussed!!!

that's fantastic well done! I just went and weighed myself and I've lost 3kg in total so I'm getting there slowly. I was expecting to have lost a stone on this diet though, its so harsh!

keep up the good work!

Reverie...I'm on day 4 pre-opt and has lost 7.5 lbs...I'm having 2nd thoughts and also saying maybe I can do this on my own. Continue with the high Proteins and low/no carbs. I'm so use to chewing on something LOL Mother's Day is coming and the family wants to go out for a bunch....I'm so confussed!!!

I know the feeling! I'm REALLY thinking I can do this on my own, but also thinking how much can I take before I say forget it and go back to my old ways. Surgery is next Monday so I've got to make up my mind. :thumbup:

remember that the advantage of the band is that it helps you KEEP the weight off.

Ok its day 5 and tomorrow is the big day!!! Im so stoked. I must admit i cheated a bit.. I had tuna. plain tuna. No mayo or nada.

I talked to the nurse and she said that was ok. I just needed smthing solid in my mouth that i could chew and swallow! LOL

She said as long as i stick to the rest of the diet my liver should look nice and pretty :(

My nerves are really starting to kick in! I couldn't sleep last night. So I can just imagine how tonight is going to be!

And I'm getting a slight headache! Im so hungry! :thumbup:

Is anyone else hving surgery tomorrow? How are you handling the last minute urge to stuff your face?!?!?!:thumbup: