Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just aim for at least 20g of Protein at each meal and 400 calories or less. Typically, my b-fast is less calories than that, though, and my dinner is more. But, that also all varies depending on how tight I feel at any time.

For Breakfast, I really love smoked salmon. A lot of mornings, I am pressed for time and don't even have a chance to sit down and eat anything, though. So, then I'll just have a Protein shot and eat lunch a little earlier on those days.

dinner is usually meat and vegies. Sometimes I will have a very small amount of Pasta or rice too. lunch is almost always leftovers from the previous night's dinner. I love fish and chicken the best. If I eat chicken breast, then it has to be w/some sort of sauce or dressing, though, because otherwise it feels too dry.

If I don't have leftovers from dinner, I have these organic frozen veggie enchiladas I love. I add extra cheese to the top to boost the protein and the taste! LOL Chicken salad and the shrimp salad from costco are also yummy w/some whole grain crackers.

Right now, I am doing Jazzercise 2-3x per week. Once my kids are out of school in three weeks, I'll be able to go 5-6x per week so I'm really looking forward to that. I love it and I think it really helps w/the weightloss when I can do it more.

As for supplements, I take a chewable Centrum Multivitamin and Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate (2 chews twice a day).

Edited by adagray

What are Protein shots - just wondering if I can buy them in

Canada? powder or liquid?

Katie

I was banded 3/2 and I go in for my second fill on wednesday. I have 4cc's in my band.

Breakfast- 8 oz fat free milk with a no sugar added carnation instant breakfast.

Lunch- 1/2 tuna wrap or canned tuna without bread or wrap and some cut fruit. I really like pinapple lately.

Dinner- 4 oz chicken or fish. and some veggies I dont really weight or measure my veggies I just take a little portion. If I do broccoli it is like 6 florets.

Snack- I try not to snack alot, and if I do its usually a low fat string cheese. I have sorento and they are 50 calories. Or I have some fruit

I have a bunch of 1/2 cup and 1 cup size storage containers that I use to prepare my meals the day before. So, I feel that is the most important step for me as it helps me to never be without healthy food and to control the portion. Portion size is very important as several people have posted about enlarging their esophagus.

That being said, my daily routine goes something like this

1st meal: Protein drink or small drinkable yogurt (I also take my Vitamins and suppliments at this time). Most work days it will be a chocolate banana vivanno at starbucks.

2nd meal: I try to get in 1/2 cup of veggies or fruit with some Protein. I usually will have diced fruit with cheese/cottage cheese/yogurt.

3rd meal/lunch: I usually eat lean meats and veggies or Beans. I love salmon and chicken and have several recipes I adore. Today I will make balsamic glazed chicken breasts with blackberries and it should last the workweek. Honey chipotle salmon is another favorite. In a pinch, I will take a frozen dinner. But I am trying very hard to stay away from prepackaged/processed foods.

4th meal: I try to focus on fruit or veggies depending on what I had the 2nd meal. Once again, 1/2 cup and add some protein/fats to help with the blood sugar.

5th meal/dinner: This will be my largest meal. I plan it out in 1 cup container although I usually will not eat the full cup. I eat out for dinner also. I just control my portions. Most of my regular restraunts know to only put 1 cup total and to not bring chips or bread. When ordering I stick to lean meats and veggies. I dont order potatoes or Pasta. Yesterday I ordered grilled chicken breast with broccoli and I substituted a bowl of fresh strawberries for the rice. Romanos macaroni grill has a great choice of dinners under 400 calories. Love their warm spinach salad with scallops.

Most doctors will want you to stick to 3 meals with no snacking in between. So you need to weigh my advice. This is what works for me, but it isnt what will work for everyone. If I tried to stick to 3 meals only, my blood sugar would be an issue.