Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Supplements- Unflavored Options

Banded Friday, 4/16. On the Full-liquids stage. Not REQUIRED to add Protein yet, but it is suggested.

I am not a lover of shakes. So I am trying to find unflavored protein options that I can add into my Soups, food, etc. to up my Protein count.

I recently purchased the New whey supplement at GNC which is intended to be added to food. I tried adding it to my creamy Soup. It smelled very sweet in the powder form. It still had a sweet taste when added to the food, and it changed the flavor, texture, and appearance of my Soup so considerably as to make it unpalatable.

I have ordered the sample pack from Bariatric Eating- both the multi flavor and the pure unflavored option.

I guess I was/am hoping there is an unflavored powder that is of the type that, like the dissolvable Fiber, could be stirred into a clear glass of Water and no difference be found. Maybe I am being unrealistic.

Can y'all suggest ones that you have been able to easily blend in with Soups, other foods, etc, without tasting it or noting any kind of change?

Or am I just going to have to suck it up and drink a shake between meals?

I bought Any whey to add to my food. I think you are adding too much. You can't put a whole scoop of Protein in something and expect the texture/taste not to change. My dietician told me to measure out the needed scoops (2-3 if you use Any Whey) into a separate container and add little sprinkles here and there. Adding too much will make the food pretty thick.

I've tried a few Protein supplements and really like the Ultimate Nutrition ProStar Whey Natural flavor best. It blends very well with both hot and cold beverages and adds very little taste at all to most things. With some things like Crystal Light it adds no flavor that I can detect at all. Has 25 grams per serving Ultimate Nutrition.

You have to be very careful when adding Protein to hot food/hot drinks etc. Protein powders change texture after 130 degrees. Once it reaches 130 degress it gets mushy and gel like..which is very unpleasant to drink/eat.

There has been times I've had to throw away my chai tea because the protein I put in it made it almost like Jello. So you can add it to food and drinks but just make sure its not too hot...

I thought the Protein Shakes were pretty bad, too, but I found that the Jillian Michaels vanilla flavor was really quite good comparatively. The chocolate was awful though. I mixed the vanilla with warm, not hot, Water, shook it really good in a Slim fast kind of shaker I got for cheap at Kmart, then added ice cubes and about 2 oz of rice or almond milk in vanilla flavor. It went down well and not too thick or nasty.

IMO, the best unflavored option is PURE Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate from bariatriceating.com

I tried the Jillian Michaels vanilla too, but it only had 20 grams of Protein, which for me is just too low. I really want to get at least 25 grams for each protein serving that I digest.

...I found that the Jillian Michaels vanilla flavor was really quite good comparatively.

Strike that, just realized it's only 15 grams per serving.

I tried the Jillian Michaels vanilla too, but it only had 20 grams of Protein, which for me is just too low. I really want to get at least 25 grams for each protein serving that I digest.

I just saw a product called BENEPROTEIN by NestleNutrition. Has anyone heard of or tried this??? I'm thinking about ordering it to see what is it's any good? Guess you can never have enough Protein Powder in the home :thumbup:

Edited by Carosel2002
poor grammar :P

I like the Isopure unflavored whey Protein. It has 25 grams per scoop. I put it in my Starbucks latte every morning, it disolves easily. I'll put a partial scoop in yogurt or some foods, any more than that and the taste of the food changes.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY PESCRIPTFIT FROM WWW.DRDIET.COM MY SURGENT SUGGESTED IT I DOSENT TASTE LIKE A Protein DRINK IT IS QUITE GOOD AND I HATE Protein drinks AND ALSO HAVE MY WEIGHT Protein Bars TASTE LIKE REAL candy BARS

[QUOTE=LegalEagle2009;1454051]Banded Friday, 4/16. On the Full-liquids stage. Not REQUIRED to add Protein yet, but it is suggested.

I am not a lover of shakes. So I am trying to find unflavored protein options that I can add into my Soups, food, etc. to up my protein count.

I recently purchased the New whey supplement at GNC which is intended to be added to food. I tried adding it to my creamy Soup. It smelled very sweet in the powder form. It still had a sweet taste when added to the food, and it changed the flavor, texture, and appearance of my Soup so considerably as to make it unpalatable.

I have ordered the sample pack from Bariatric Eating- both the multi flavor and the pure unflavored option.

I guess I was/am hoping there is an unflavored powder that is of the type that, like the dissolvable Fiber, could be stirred into a clear glass of Water and no difference be found. Maybe I am being unrealistic.

Can y'all suggest ones that you have been able to easily blend in with Soups, other foods, etc, without tasting it or noting any kind of change?

THE PESCRIPTFIT HAS A chicken FLAVOR AND I THINK A BEEF BUT IT IS GREAT YOU CAN ORDER IT AT WWW.DRDIET.COM

YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY PESCRIPTFIT FROM WWW.DRDIET.COM MY SURGENT SUGGESTED IT I DOSENT TASTE LIKE A Protein DRINK IT IS QUITE GOOD AND I HATE Protein drinks AND ALSO HAVE MY WEIGHT Protein Bars TASTE LIKE REAL candy BARS

[QUOTE=LegalEagle2009;1454051]Banded Friday, 4/16. On the Full-Liquids stage. Not REQUIRED to add protein yet, but it is suggested.

I am not a lover of shakes. So I am trying to find unflavored protein options that I can add into my Soups, food, etc. to up my protein count.

I recently purchased the New Whey supplement at GNC which is intended to be added to food. I tried adding it to my creamy Soup. It smelled very sweet in the powder form. It still had a sweet taste when added to the food, and it changed the flavor, texture, and appearance of my soup so considerably as to make it unpalatable.

Can y'all suggest ones that you have been able to easily blend in with soups, other foods, etc, without tasting it or noting any kind of change?

I have used the Beneprotein (my dr highly recommends it). with the Jillian Michaels, I add it to 10 oz of milk and it brings it up to 25 g of Protein.< /p>