Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starbucks fanatics unite!

Since having the surgery on 4/19, I have going completely cold turkey from my usual daily Starbucks fix. I usually get the skinny vanilla latte or the grande mocha frappuccino if I'm feeling decadent. Do any of you still indulge in these treats? Maybe in a tiny cup? I know we're not supposed to be drinking out calories, but how else can i get my caffeine fix?

Thanks!

235/208 DOS/202/150

Well, I'm a few months out of surgery...and I have a hard time getting calories IN! So, yes...I splurge on a Skinny vanilla Latte or a light frappuccino from time to time. I know I'm consuming calories that way, but it's not daily and I'm still losing weight :biggrin:

Well, from time to time, you can treat yourself to anything, just account for it. Dont feel guilty, we all need a few treats now and then.

But here's a novel idea for your daily fix- does anyone actually sell REAL cappucinos or lattes in the States? You know, the way they're meant to be, not with syrups and cream and such?

A latte is simply 1/3 good espresso coffee and 2/3 steamed milk. If you have skim milk, its not an indulgence, its a valuable Calcium providing part of your day with a great caffeine hit. A cappucino is the same, but with more milk froth and a sprinkle of chocolate (negligible cals). Starbucks has pretty much gone bust here because Australia is just much more into European style coffee (we have a particularly strong Italian heritage in Melbourne), but both Starbucks and Gloria Jeans do most of their trade here in real lattes and cappucinos and not in confectionary coffees. Have they adjusted to their market here or are those items also on your menus? Becuase they're great, you can add sweetener if you really must, and they wont wreck your diet.

Oh - and they come in cups too, not buckets, lol.

Edited by Jachut

Hello, I am on week six and I just started back on my coffee. I have Starbucks at least 4 times a week and this is what I order....Grande skinny vanilla latte add Protein and one equal. Total calories is 160 with a total of 18 grams of protein, 130 calories for the latte and 30 calories for the scoop of protein. Ask for the nutritional pamphlet when you visit starbucks but my info is correct. Hope this is healthful and yes I am still losing weight with my coffee intake.

I love starbucks! I recently became a goldmember. I have my gold card with my name on it to prove it! haha

If I go before work I get a grande chai tea latte with soy milk but when I get to work I'll add a scoop of vanilla Protein powder to it and that will be my Breakfast. It has like 250 but with the Protein scoop now come with a little more than 26g of protein

If I go during the day I wont get the chai tea latte because it has to many calories but I'll get a shaken passion fruit iced tea.

(I dont drink coffee, so I just get the tea options at starbucks but they are equally as good)

no I add it when I get to work. I generally always carry around with me a couple scoops of Protein to add to random things.

So at starbucks I'll get an iced chai tea latte and take out my vanilla flavored Protein and I"ll personally add it in. If you ask them for light ice it easier to mix you have a little bit more room to work with...

now I understand

no I add it when I get to work. I generally always carry around with me a couple scoops of Protein to add to random things.

So at starbucks I'll get an iced chai tea latte and take out my vanilla flavored Protein and I"ll personally add it in. If you ask them for light ice it easier to mix you have a little bit more room to work with...

I drink a skinny cinnamon dolce latte every single day, and it hasn't hampered my weight loss efforts. Plus, a venti has 15 grams of protein!

You used to be able to get an energy powder supplement at Starbucks, but no longer. I don't believe they've ever had Protein powder.< /p>

u can get Protein in ur coffee at starbucks????

Absolutely, Starbucks, Caribou, Peets and many of the mom and pop coffee houses sell espresso options sans milk too like doppios.

...does anyone actually sell REAL cappucinos or lattes in the States? You know, the way they're meant to be, not with syrups and cream and such?

I miss my Starbucks so much. Haven't had my daily five shot espresso 'Starbucks doubleshot on ice' with sugar free vanilla Syrup and skim since 4/9/10. It was practically calorie-free, but my doc says no caffeine until six weeks post-op. I think I may miss that beverage more than even regular food.

Edited by Katy517

I wouldn't feel even the slightest guilty for having a skinny vanilla latte---it's good Calcium. Alas, I can no longer tolerate caffeine OR the acids in coffee!

Gold card member here to. Does the Protein change the way the drink taste? I really like the idea. Usually have a nonfat toffee nut latte Venti and that is my Breakfast. Not the best but if I add protein?

I drink Starbucks every single day. I have a venti non-fat caramel mocha. I use only 2 pumps of mocha and 4 pumps sugar free caramel, no whip. It only has 220 calories and 17g of Protein. I prefer it to a regular protein drink, which I have NEVER been able to stomach. I drink this instead of breakfast and it holds me until 11:20 at lunch.< /p>