Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb.23rd Peeps!!! Well Feb. Period...

How is it going guys?? I have been doing ALRIGHT I guess. My scale hasn't moved too much but I cannot be mad at the band..... I have been making very bad food choices. I had to give myself a pep talk last night because I went through all these big changes just to go back to my old eating habits... I think not! Im really trying to do good. The SUCKIE part is I cannot tolerate meat anymore.. So now im trying to figure out what I can and can not eat.

Hi MissCherita. I am two months and 8 days out with two fills and very little weight loss so far this month! I have lost weight at the rate of 8 pounds the first time I went for a fill (4 weeks after my post op appt), 7.5 the second time (4 weeks later), but nothing in the last week. I am not at restriction and am having a tough time not eating the things I want to! I am trying to increase exercise, but so far that hasn't tipped the scale in the right direction either!

I think most of our group will be in bandster hell for a while longer, but when we get going I'm sure we will be losing at a good pace!

Good luck reigning everything back in while you wait for the band to begin doing its job.

Well I guess im not alone.. I see you have lost 53 lbs so far thats great! I been stuck at 38 lbs for the longest. But like i said I cant be mad at anything or anyone but myself. I need to get some kind of workout plan going on. Have you been exercising?

I have been exercising. I go to the gym and work out for about an hour and 15 minutes three times per week (cardio, weights and core) and then walk a few other times per week for about two miles.

Hi Cherita, I was banded on 2/4 and I am like you...I am struggling now. I have been stuck at the same weight for about 3 weeks now, and I know part of it is that i am testing the band to see what will happen when I eat certain things. I have been outside and doing more moving around withgardening and all, but not much regular exercise. I was hoping for more to be off since I had the surgery, but so far just under 20 lbs in 2.5 months and very little lost lately. I guess we will hang in there. I do feel more restriction after my second fill with a total of 7 cc in a 14 cc large band.

Have you tried different types of meat salads? I cannot have dry meats at all, but have found that chicken salad (especially from Chick fil a) and ham and tuna salads work well for me. moist chicken strips, too. Remember, to chew, chew and chew some more!

Maybe reframe your thinking....have you ever lost 20 pounds in 2 and a half months and kept it off? You are not at restiction yet, so it is all you doing the work, and your work is paying off. Don't be so hard on yourselves!

Wait, wait, wait! Cherita, you were banded over a month after me, have lost 38 pounds, and are unhappy with your loss?

Holy moly! I agree, time to reframe! Your loss is terrific!

I was banded on Feb. 11, and have only lost 26lbs. I think you guys are doing great, keep up the good work. I need to get moving so I can catch up, lol. .... Congrats to everyone....

I was banded on February 1st. I was in bandster hell from day one (I was literally hungry in the hospital). I followed the rules pretty well (far from perfectly though), but was really running on willpower until fill #2. Since then the scale has really been moving for me. Yesterday I could only get liquids down but on other days I can eat most things, albeit really slowly. I guess this is restriction!

Today was my first day back in the gym. I feel like I've lost a lot of muscle so I'm hoping to get some of that back, even if the scale stays the same for a while. My addiction has been sugar free popsicles. It's ridiculous. I eat like 6 of them for dessert. I suppose I should change that, but for now it's working. Better than the brownies of old!

Best of luck to all. Until that last fill I felt like I was on a regular, old, torturous diet. Now this is easy! Ok easy-ish...

Hi well I was banded on Feb. 8th and have had many complications since then. I have managed to lose 41 pounds as of last week but have not had a fill yet due to the complications of 3 of my incisions opened up shortly after surgery and are just finally closing 10 weeks later! I am only able to walk due to the incisions but I have been walking about 3 miles about twice a week.

My major problem right now is that I am feeling like stuck or too full whenever I eat anything! It is so frustrating and it feels horrible.

Good luck to all of the other February bandsters! Seems like everyone is doing good with weight loss.

Hi Gals,

I was banded 2/22 and had my second fill yesterday. I'm between 5 and 5.5 cc in a 10 cc band. Total 21 pounds lost over nine weeks, which is nearly a third of what I need to lose. I'm happy to have lost that and not gained it back.

I lost 2 pounds during the three weeks after my first fill. I would have been happier with a couple more pounds lost. Though I ate all healthy foods per my plan I probably ate too much. I'm hoping the second fill should help with Portion Control.

The fill nurse said this fill will last longer than the first and that I'll likely need one or two more down the road. I believe as I move closer to the sweet spot, focus on portion control, and add some exercise the scale will start moving a little more. Like my old hiking partner used to say "slow and steady wins the race."

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FEBRUARY BANDSTERS. WE CAN DO IT !! :biggrin:

Hi......a 2/15er here!!

I had the same issues as well before my first fill, since then it's been better but no solid food yet, Lot's of tuna salad and chicken salad, some fish.

I have been reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally lazy about the excercise, hopefully that will change now the weather is better(Buffalo,even in the spring is not always great for walking...lol)

Great job on your loss!

I was banded February 16th. I have lost 41.4 lbs at this point.

I have a 14cc band with 9.4cc's in the band. I have had 2 fills. I have pretty good restriction now, but plan to get my 3rd fill in about 3 weeks.

Keep up the good work

Hello Guys and Gals.. I am FINALLY starting to lose again. I broke up with my scale for 2 weeks :thumbup: and we just got back together last night....well It looks like I have lost a few pounds! I started working out on Monday and boy was it hard! Im slowly but surely getting back into it... GOOD LUCK PEEPS!

I was on a plateau for while but have finally started to lose again. What did the trick was adding 1/2 hr of walking on the treadmill and counting calories so I didn't go over 1,000.

Good luck Feb Peeps!!