Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Normal daily fat/calorie/carb intake?

I can't seem to find a straight answer in any of my surgery or nutritional materials and have heard conflicting advice so I wanted to ask you guys...

What were you told should be your daily calorie, fat, and carb intake?

I'm about to embark on my mushy phase but after looking over some of the foods suggested by my nutritionalist, I'm a little concerned about their fat or carb content. Like Peanut Butter and mashed potatoes...I get that their easy to swallow and qualify as mushy but they don't seem like ideal "diet foods". So I would like to know how much fat, calories and carbs I should be aiming for in my mushy phase, and for later.

The mushy phase is about healing, not weight loss. You are right, some things allowed are not diet foods. They will not be allowed once your past the mushy phase.

I aim to eat 60-70 grams of protien (high protien is very important) and 50 or so carbs ( my Nut says 130 but I believe that's too high). I don't count fat grams, but I eat very low fat (ie. eggbeaters instead of eggs, lots of very lean protien). I eat about 800 calories a day. Some may say that's too low but I have lost weight steadily- I am very short so maybe that's why it's working. Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck on your journey!

I am a diabetic, so during mushy, I had to stay away from carbs. I found that I could do it just fine, even though it took a little thinking to come up with a way. I cooked cauliflour and mashed it. (This is quite good) I ate chilli and added cheese for more Protein. I found some low carb Soups and added cheese and cottage cheese for protein. I ate low fat string cheese. I blended meat and thinned to the consistency of mashed potatoes. There are ways to do it, however, it is true that right now, you need to just heal. This is in someways the hardest time, because you are so anxious to lose weight. It may take 4 to 6 fills before you have enough restriction to make the progress you hoped for. I have only had two and have all the restricion I need right now. Hang in there, have patience and try to to worry about anything. By the way, there is no such thing as normal in a band life!!! Hugs!!!!!

I was told carbs under 30 and stick to a high Protein diet and not to worry about fat or calories. Also was told Peanut Butter was bad because it can get stuck.

If you don't worry about fat, you're going to get way too many calories. When I'm not careful, fat can account for half my calories.

So far I'm not having problem with Peanut Butter, but then I don't have a fill yet.

If you don't worry about fat, you're going to get way too many calories. When I'm not careful, fat can account for half my calories.

So far I'm not having problem with Peanut Butter, but then I don't have a fill yet.

If you are only eating 30 carbs a day, it automatically cuts down on the fat. Without bread or potatoes, or rice, there isn't much left to put fat on. Plus we do need some fat in our diet, to assimulate many Vitamins. I don't think we need to eat a stick of butter or anything, but I do think you can relax a little on fat if you are limiting your carbs... Fat is high in calories so it is good to use healthy ones. Avacado, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, etc..... Hugs!!!

I'm a sucker for cheese, eggs, and Salad Dressing, so it is quite easy for me to do.

I'm a sucker for cheese, eggs, and salad dressing, so it is quite easy for me to do.

Me too, plus I am way less hungry!!! Hugs!!!

5gm of fat per serving, 15 gms of carbs per serving, 60gms Protein daily. 64oz of Water.< /p>