Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help...i have an obsession

with the scale. What is wrong with me. I weighed on Monday and was down a total of 50lbs, I was so excited!! Then against my better judgment I weighed again today and gained 2lbs..ughh. Now I am a nurse, and know it's probably Fluid blah blah but why can't I just weigh once a week??

I swear I am thinking of throwing this stupid scale out the window. How did you keep yourself from being obsessed with the scale?

i had exactly the same problem, until i decided to quit once and for all.....now i weigh myself every 3-4 weeks. it's hard, but as you said it's an obsession, and my weight fluctuates very often. try it i hope it works for you too.:cool:

I don't even try not to weigh everyday! I think it helps keep me on track. If I weigh a pound more one morning, I don't worry, I just hold the lowest number I have achieved in my mind until I register a lower number. It won't be long, don't stress over it.

I am only 2 weeks post op and have the same problem! I am down 33 but I have to tell you that I finally decided to only weigh on Wed. in the AM because I was weighing every 2 days and realized that it was different in the AM and PM and depended on how much h2o I drank. I finally put the scale in the top of the linen closet so that I couldnt step on it every morning when I got up!!!! Whatever works right?? Good luck!!!:cool:

I weigh most days, sometimes twice! I think it's interesting to see how my body fluctuates from day to day, but I don't let myself get upset over it if I'm up a pound or two. Bodies are weird and unpredictable; as long as I remember that, I'm fine.

I weigh every day, but pick one day of the week that is my official recording day. Now someweeks, I do get obsessed--I literally put it in the back of the closet!

I am obsessed with the scales too! Last month I weight myself everyday and was up and down 2-3 lbs. When I went to my doc for my 2nd fill, I was exactly the same for 1 full month! I decided then that I would put my scales away and only get weighed at the doctors office monthly. Since then I actually feel lighter and my clothes are getting looser. Granted, it helped getting a fill because I can tell I'm not eating as much, but I am not stressing everytime I get on the scales.

I suggest putting your scales in a box and taping it up so it is not easy to get to!

GOOD LUCK!

I 've been doing the same thing, but I'm only 1 week out...I use it more for entertainment than anything else and I really don't fret over what it says...I just know that I'm not eating like the old me so ....by the law of averages I GOTTA lose it sooner or later !! LOL good luck !!

Not sure if it is because I am a relatively new "Bandster" but I weigh myself every day as well.

I usually do it first thing in the morning before I hop in the shower. However, I find that there is a big difference between that morning weight and the afternoon weight(s). usually 3-4 lbs. So, I feel pretty good in the a.m. and then get brought down to earth in the afternoon. Worse part is, my Dr. appointments are ALWAYS after 3:30pm. So, my numbers are higher when I weigh in there.

I think part of it is that i have been heavy for so long that it is great to see the scales moving in the right direction for the time being. That being said, it can have the opposite effect when my weight loss begins to slow down. I guess I just have to find a happy medium and limit my weigh-ins. I think this will be tough because, being new to the "Band", I like to know how I am doing and to try and find a good routine. To each his own I guess.........Good Luck Everyone!

My scale was SO mean this morning. Yesterday I was 202. This morning I pull the scale out and it says 200! I'm like omg sooo close to being under 200!!! So thinking to myself I want to see the scale go to 199 so I'm getting naked…. I get naked get back on the scale and its says 203. WTF! I just kind of had to laugh not much else I could do. I'm like you I have to weigh everyday even thought I know I shouldn’t because when you don’t' see that it has not gone down a little in 3 days it messes with your head even thou you are losing weight on a steady pace.

with the scale. What is wrong with me. I weighed on Monday and was down a total of 50lbs, I was so excited!! Then against my better judgment I weighed again today and gained 2lbs..ughh. Now I am a nurse, and know it's probably Fluid blah blah but why can't I just weigh once a week??

I swear I am thinking of throwing this stupid scale out the window. How did you keep yourself from being obsessed with the scale?

I dont own a scale, just cause I know I will become obsessed with it.However I do eventually want to get one. I go in for my first fill today in an hour and I am anxious to see my weight loss total. I know if it is not much I will tend to be a little upset but I know it is something.:cool: