Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. My name is Allie. I have been lurking here for a while, but finally decided to start posting.

I'm 22 years old and 264 pounds.

Finally ready to make a change that is going to better my life and my future.

I have been to my psych evaluation and the nutritionist already, just have to see a sleep doctor and I'm going to be submitted to insurance.

I'm really nervous, but excited at the same time. Also I can't help but feel worried about if I fail at this too, I have only failed at weight loss before in my life.

I know this is the right decision for me, but I hope I can do it.

Welcome . im a newbie too. I get banded monday at 7 am. On day 8 of pre op diet. I was heavy for about 20 years and am starting to have some health problems ,(knees , back and sleep apena). I didn't mind being heavy because most of my friends are about the same. You are fortunate as you are young and can change now and avoid these long term problems.

Welcome . im a newbie too. I get banded monday at 7 am. On day 8 of pre op diet. I was heavy for about 20 years and am starting to have some health problems ,(knees , back and sleep apena). I didn't mind being heavy because most of my friends are about the same. You are fortunate as you are young and can change now and avoid these long term problems.

Congrats on your band. How is the pre-op going? That's the only thing I'm worried about. I'm trying to make good choices now before I get my surgery date to avoid the cravings :biggrin:

Congrats on starting. I'm a month away from surgery and I'm both excited and scared. I have 40 years of bad habits to change. Pre op stuff doesn't worry me just what happens afterward (including "what if I fail?").

good luck guys!! your about to start a life style change good on you all. I have had my band on for 9 years have lost 80 kg about 170 pounds i havent looked back. has long has u all remember that this is a tool to help u. you all will be fine marie

Willingness to try and positive attitude are everything when you have the band. I was also really worried about failing, I spent $10k on the band, talk about pressure! But once I started getting fills and following the eating plan everything started falling in place and I started losing 2 pounds a week, then I slowed to 1 pound a week or so. But I only have 18 pounds to go. Make sure before you get the band that you are going to be willing to "work the band" to make it work for you.

Hi Allie. My preop diet was tough . the first 3 days was horrible . I felt like i had a monster inside me that was crazy . My first night i came home from work and there was food all over the counters from my kids and i tweaked cause i was so hungry. It gets easier i can manage now.I had my wife keep the kitchen clean and food free. . Different doctors have different diets to shrink your liver. I can see from this how much i was eating (overeating), It's time for me to make some changes . I never cheated and lost about 10 lbs I havent lost any weight in 3 days my body is in starvation mode. My surgery is monday at 7 am . I'm a little nervous

Welcome Allie- I'm new to this site as well and just had my consult with the dr last week. This weekend is my sleep study, then the psych eval, and then finally the dietician visit. Then it's INS submission time. Like you, I'm SO excited, but yet so nervous I'm going to fail again. The pre-op diet has me a little worried, but I'm more concerned about the restrictions for the rest of my life. It's so permanent...but then again so is death...LOL

Maybe we'll get banded around the same time! GL

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm so glad I joined.

Today was my last appointment before my surgeon sends everything in for approval from insurance, so now I just have to wait for the psyc eval to be sent to him.

I'm really nervous. I know my insurance doesn't require any wait time, and I have been doing nothing but reading threads and stories since I decided I want to get banded. I'm going to be absolutely devastated if I get rejected.

I have a positive outlook though, my surgeon said my insurance usually covers it if the person is over 40 BMI and no other underlying problems. Which as of now I have none, not even sleep apnea.

Allie and Mommy2ps , I had mine installed today .I had a 40 bmi and insurance paid :thumbup:. I was concerned also . I had 2 knee surgerys while in military and none since . The hospital i went to was so nice and helpful. I went in at 7 am today and was out at 1 . My incision on my left side is painful but the meds make it ok . Didn't have the shoulder pain or any gas. Bottom line . worrying about it was the worst . the surgery was great . I feel empowered . and so will you.

Allie and Mommy2ps , I had mine installed today .I had a 40 bmi and insurance paid :thumbup:. I was concerned also . I had 2 knee surgerys while in military and none since . The hospital i went to was so nice and helpful. I went in at 7 am today and was out at 1 . My incision on my left side is painful but the meds make it ok . Didn't have the shoulder pain or any gas. Bottom line . worrying about it was the worst . the surgery was great . I feel empowered . and so will you.

I hope so! Congrats! I'll try not to stress over it as much. Keep us posted on your progress :)

Congrats. I just banded yesterday. Very sore but glad that i did it. My process started June 09 and i had to do the 6 month visit with a dr before getting approved. My dr had me do a lot of extra stuff that made it testy a times. I would say the worst part for me was the sleep test. I had to do it twice and for me that was the worst part of the journey thus far. Good luck

Hello everyone. My name is Allie. I have been lurking here for a while, but finally decided to start posting.

I'm 22 years old and 264 pounds.

Finally ready to make a change that is going to better my life and my future.

I have been to my psych evaluation and the nutritionist already, just have to see a sleep doctor and I'm going to be submitted to insurance.

I'm really nervous, but excited at the same time. Also I can't help but feel worried about if I fail at this too, I have only failed at weight loss before in my life.

I know this is the right decision for me, but I hope I can do it.

Allie,

I understand the way your feeling completely. I began the 3 months of diet and psch. consult 2 months ago and am awaiting the final month before surgery. I was leaning towards gastic bypass, but No longer. I'll go with the band. I was worried about failing too, but whats helped is packing my lunches, and charting everthing I eat or drink. If you havent started that I suggest you do! :cool:

Allie,

I understand the way your feeling completely. I began the 3 months of diet and psch. consult 2 months ago and am awaiting the final month before surgery. I was leaning towards gastic bypass, but No longer. I'll go with the band. I was worried about failing too, but whats helped is packing my lunches, and charting everthing I eat or drink. If you havent started that I suggest you do! :thumbup:

Charting, that is a great idea. I hadn't even thought of that! Thanks you so much. Keep us updated with your progress.