Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you lose on post-op diet?

Help my surgery date is the 13th of April. I'm on my 2 week pre-opt all liquid diet. I lost eight lbs in 6 days . I weight in today and I have gain 2lbs. I'm 3 day out from surgery. What will my doctor say/do? I did cheap a little by accident. Should I tell my Doctor.:biggrin:

I lost 22 pounds between my surgery and my first fill, which was yesterday. And with that fill, I didn't even get temporary restriction. So my loss has been all about portion control- whether I wanted more or not!

I lost 10 lbs before surgery and I'm now 3 weeks out and lost an additional 9 lbs. Most of that in the first week post op and 2 lbs since then. At 3 weeks I'm averaging 1300-1500 calories a day - no restriction.

I am 4 days post-op and have lost 10lbs...Good luck:thumbup:

I am 12 days post-op and have lost 17 lbs. since 2 week pre-op diet began.

im 6 days post op and have lost 13:thumbup:

weight.png

Edited by neveo
typo

I lost 8 pounds from first post surgery visit to first fill. I go today for the second fill and think I've lost 6 more pounds. I am down 27 pounds total from pre-op and so far post-op diet. I was banded 2-12-10.

Edited by patsal

I lost 21 lbs. in 6 days. I thought it was a bit execessive but I gained about 4 back when I started to have mushies then regular food. By the time of my first fill 5 weks later I was down about 30 or so.

I just went in for my first fill and I have lost 36lbs in 6 weeks. I was weighing in every day because I was so excited but I stopped doing that so if the weight didn't change I would not be discouraged.

My doctors office made the mistake of telling me to keep doing what I was doing so I didn't go on solid foods and for 3 days was so hungry, I went on the chat room here and was told to eat some meat as soon as I ate some fish about the size of two fingers I was full infact to full to eat my veggies

I am just starting the exersises and just started walking I figure it is more than I did in the past. I am still drinking my Protein Shakes because they are so good.

I'm day 9 post op and have lost 9 pounds so far. ** Whoot Whoot **

Of course, I'm on liquids only, so I guess initial rapid weight loss is to be expected...so, my question is:

How much did YOU lose during you post op diet before your first fill, and did you stall?

I lost all 9 pounds by day 5, and since then have remianed the same. I'm not complaining, 9 pounds is 9 pounds, but I think I got over excited seeing suce a rapid loss and now nothing...even though I know it's normal.

I am on 3 weeks liquids & 2 weeks mushies.

Thanks!!

I've lost 9 pounds post op. I was banded on 3/30/10 and 15 days later I'm still at 9 pounds. Those came off the first week when I was mostly liquids and then nothing. Just like you. I'm working out 4 days a week and I only eat about 1200 calories a day. I started at 243 I am now 235. I'm not complaining either, but in the back of my mind as long as I see some progress every other day, I'm okay.

I say. Stay encouraged. It will happen, but it won't happen fast. About 1.5 to 2 pounds per week is what the doc says.

Help my surgery date is the 13th of April. I'm on my 2 week pre-opt all liquid diet. I lost eight lbs in 6 days . I weight in today and I have gain 2lbs. I'm 3 day out from surgery. What will my doctor say/do? I did cheap a little by accident. Should I tell my Doctor.:cool:

8 pounds is great. Don't worrying about cheating that one time, just don't cheat anymore. You want to be as empty as possible on the day of your surgery. You'll do fine!!!

thank you for the response

Between pre op and post op diet, I lost a total of 22 lbs. I am 2 weeks and 2 day post op and had my first fill yesterday and was advances to the muschies. It is hard to get them down it seems while trying to get in the protien goals.

I lost 5 pounds pre op and 10 pounds post op - for a total of 15 pounds and I was banded on 4/7/10

My first fill is Tuesday (about four weeks after surgery). I lost 5 on my own, 10 on the pre-op diet, and 16 since surgery, for a total of 31 pounds. I'm staying at 1,000-1,200 calories per day and losing about 1 pound a week. That seems a little slow to me; I guess my metabolism is sluggish (only exercising a little so far). But at least it's something!