Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help me get rid of my belly pouch/flap!

Thank heavens that link got posted, I am so relieved, Oh Ron, you're so wonderful!! So idealistic, un-realistic, so full of c**d, oh you know what I mean. and please get rid of the budgie smugglers. NOT A PRETTY SIGHT!

IT IS ALL A MYTH what a shallow, stupid, sweeping statement. Totally designed to make everyone who has not got super elastic, taut, tanned and terrific skin (and who is simple enough to believe it) come to the conclusion that they need to spend $$$$ buying this book/cd/video/workout thingy or whatever, so they can find out what they're doing wrong and sort themselves out.

It will also convince those young enough or blessed enough to have never had a weight problem (or any common sense or relevant knowledge) that those of us who have; just never try hard enough.

Ron Brown is a 'Certified Fitness Trainer'. Not a genius or a medical expert. His advice and experience is suitable for those who want to be un-naturally lean. His followers are the steroid junkies who wax and oil their bodies and train to the exclusion of life. It is not relevant to normal people.

He has knowledge limited to his area of expertise and he uses the phrase 'in my opinion' frequently throughout his information because he is aware that it is theory and conjecture and HIS OPINION only. But desperate people hang on to it because it just may be the truth, the life raft! we are all looking for.

Maybe the answer should not be surgery. But he has not got the right answer either.

The answer should be to get rid of Ron Brown and his type and all of the over scrawny, underweight, self obsessed women who are plastered over the media and get rid of the shallow journos that put them there and get rid of those who patronise the whole shebang by buying the magazines to gawp at and dream about how they would like to be just like them and fit with what is considered the norm, standard, required and desired appearance.

and let's get rid of all the scales, tape measures and mirrors while I am at it, I don't like them either.

His web-site is so trashy I nearly got married there! I'm actually going back there now because I could do with a laugh after my rant!!

Ron Brown you are wRONg Brown. Rich little wrong Ron!

Good night all.

Edited by jalomum
Needed extra sarcasm!

Thakns everyone again for your input. I just have to lear that it had only been 1 month since I have been banded and I know I am just all rush rush rush.

I get my first fill on wednesday I wonder how much will get filled. Today and yesterday I have noticed I am more hungry then usual..

Im just frustrated lately.

It'll come off Stevie, you just started so be patient it'll come. As for the loose skin - I'm from the school of thought that it doesn't exist and over enough time and FAT loss (not weight loss, but FAT loss) skin will shrink back to it's original state.

You will have arguments for days on here regarding the topic, and people who are "know it alls" on the subject giving their "expert" opinion as if it's fact - but do your own research and draw your own conclusions and go with that, after speaking with your doctor.

Excess skin tightening usually happens 1-2 yrs post goal weight is achieved, most people are in such a hurry, they don't wait it out and go under the knife before the body can fully bounce back. However, in some cases it comes off all the same time and there's no excess skin at all (this is currently what I am personally experiencing - for those that disagree, there's no amount of writing or pixels on the screen that can argue differently - so please save your time on responding to tell me I'm wrong)

You'll do great, stay positive, compression helps and so do natural oils and massage in the stubborn areas. Keep working out, cardio is your friend.. nothing burns fat like cardio. Keep us posted on your progress! :confused:

It'll come off Stevie, you just started so be patient it'll come. As for the loose skin - I'm from the school of thought that it doesn't exist and over enough time and FAT loss (not weight loss, but FAT loss) skin will shrink back to it's original state.

You will have arguments for days on here regarding the topic, and people who are "know it alls" on the subject giving their "expert" opinion as if it's fact - but do your own research and draw your own conclusions and go with that, after speaking with your doctor.

Excess skin tightening usually happens 1-2 yrs post goal weight is achieved, most people are in such a hurry, they don't wait it out and go under the knife before the body can fully bounce back. However, in some cases it comes off all the same time and there's no excess skin at all (this is currently what I am personally experiencing - for those that disagree, there's no amount of writing or pixels on the screen that can argue differently - so please save your time on responding to tell me I'm wrong)

You'll do great, stay positive, compression helps and so do natural oils and massage in the stubborn areas. Keep working out, cardio is your friend.. nothing burns fat like cardio. Keep us posted on your progress! :confused:

Thanks, Iam doing lots of cardio. I actually just finished a 2 mile leslie Sansone heart healthy cardio aerobic 2 mile walk and I love the way it makes me feel afterwards.

Thanks, Iam doing lots of cardio. I actually just finished a 2 mile leslie Sansone heart healthy cardio aerobic 2 mile walk and I love the way it makes me feel afterwards.

Congratulations! Isn't it amazing how good exercise feels? Just getting into the habit, once you're in it - it's great!

Thank heavens that link got posted, I am so relieved, Oh Ron, you're so wonderful!! So idealistic, un-realistic, so full of c**d, oh you know what I mean. and please get rid of the budgie smugglers. NOT A PRETTY SIGHT!

Thank you for maturely enlightening me.