Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have any non-scale victories lately? I'm only three weeks post-op, but today I noticed one of my rings is getting loose. :thumbdown: The first of many NSVs, I hope!

CONGRATS ON YOUR NSV!!! :thumbup:

I love NSVs! I think they mean more to me than the number on the scale.

My latest NSV happened last week when my 11 y/o niece came for a visit. I haven't seen her since Christmas Eve. When she first saw me, she stopped dead in her tracks and said, "Whoa! You got skinny!" :thumbup:

Here are a few of my other NSVs that have happened along my journey so far:

1) no more diabetes or cholesterol meds

2) blood pressure meds cut in half

3) went from a tight size 28 to a comfortable size 20W

4) went from a 44D to a 40DD :thumbdown:

5) can't wear any of my rings b/c they are too loose

6) walking and bicycling regularly

7) food budget cut waaaaay down

8) no need for a nap everyday after work

9) don't have to use the stand up tanning bed b/c I am too heavy for the regular beds

10) feeling comfortable w/ my body after a VERY long time of not even being able to stand to look at myself in the mirror

I wish you all the success in the world with your new BANDED LIFE!

Today I am 2 weeks post-op and I am wearing a pair of jeans that haven't fit me since this time last year! :thumbup:

I have another NSV but it's kind of TMI :thumbdown:

I love NSV's

My list:

1. Pants 10 inches smaller in the waist, 54 to 44 Levi 501 button fly!!

2. No seat belt extender on airplanes

3. Not the biggest person in the room

4. Fit comfortably in the seat at an arena Hockey game

5. XL shirts vs 3 XL shirts

6. Briefs feel good, instead of baggy boxers.

7. Watch is real loose

8. Sit a long way back from the steering wheel and can now drive holding the bottom of the wheel.

9. Able to climb a ladder without worrying it will collapse.

10. Punching holes in my belt to keep it fitting. Added 5 holes to my favorit belt.

Tons more but those are my favorites...

TJ

OOOOOO! I love this! I am a slow loser, and my body is changing, but the scale is sure slow to move. I was banded on 3-31-10, am down 25lbs, but have so many NSV's!

1. I can take most of my pants off without undoing the button!

2. I have to safety pin most of my pants/capri's.

3. My rings are almost too loose to wear.

4. My bra is too big!:o

5. I have just a pinch more stamina that I had before.

6. I am not aching as much, able to cut down on 1 RX.

7. People are starting to notice (makes me a little uncomfortable, have always hidden behind my fat).

8. Was able to buy a smaller swimsuit this week.

9. Hoping I won't need a seat belt extender in a few days when I go to Hawaii!

10. For the most part, I am making better choices with food. Baby steps!

Thanks so much for this post. It helps us all to remember that this is a HUGE lifestyle change, and it does NOT hinge on a number, or at least it shouldn't.

I just had one this past weekend...I cleaned out my closet and was able to get rid of two (2) 18 gallon totes of clothes and shoes...yes, even my shoes have gotten to be too big! I can now wear clothes I haven't been able to wear since I was pregnant with my first child - 8 years ago.

Note: I was banded on 2-22-10 and I have lost 60 pounds thus far...and the scale is still moving!!! I went from a 26 to a comfortable 22 pants and a 2x shirt to an x. :o

~Annette~

Four summers ago I was told by the "lady" sitting next to me on an international flight from Germany that "People like you should have to buy two seats because you're so fat" (don't worry, I had some choice words for her, too!). So, my NSV this summer was a real delight: flying coach and having PLENTY of room! :smile:

Four summers ago I was told by the "lady" sitting next to me on an international flight from Germany that "People like you should have to buy two seats because you're so fat" (don't worry, I had some choice words for her, too!). :smile:

You should have introduced her to a wing seat... literally... :scared2:

Brad

In the almost 18 months that i've been banded I've had a few NSV's already.

1. Fitting comfortably on an airplane seat w/o having to use a seat belt extender last summer when I went to Florida

2. Going from size 26/28 (busting out of them) to wearing a size 20 in pants and size 14 in shirts

3. Getting complimented. I've had complete strangers where I work approach me and tell me I've inspired them to lose weight.

4. Constantly being happy!!! This is a major one. i am a very happy person nowadays

5. I was in a wedding last month and I wasn't the "fat one". As a matter of fact my dress I ordered was a size 16W and it had to be taken in on top quite a bit!

6. Taking 5 mile walks with my boyfriend and dog on a regular basis

Next month I am looking forward to going to an amusement park and fitting on the seats comfortably. I went to disney last summer and was able to fit on those rides comfortably but this will be the 1st time I'm going to a park with a bunch of thrill rides and some of those rides are old rides and aren't as "large person" friendly.

I have a new one... I CAN SEE MY KNUCKLES <3

I have never been able to see my knuckles without clinching my fists really tight. I freaked out earlier because I was typing on the computer and noticed the pointy lump on my pinky knuckle. I thought that it could be a tumor or something.... nope it was just my knuckle.

Too many to name really!

6. Building up some confidence; probably my main problem.

5. Down 2 sizes in shirts/almost in size 14 jeans (woot!)

4. A LOT more energy. I love exercising now.

3. My rings (class ring/ring I usually wear) are falling off

2. I can see the difference in my body

1. Compliments! From wow you look good, you're doing great, you look beautiful, etc. Funniest of all, my boss telling me "no offense at all, I don't know how to say this properly, but you're going to have one hell of a figure."

:) I so love my band.

my belly doesn't touch the sides when i get out of the shower stall anymore.

no more diabetes meds

i found my belly button!

I just came back from Maui, and I didn't need an extension on the plane!

I got in to a cab with two other people in the back seat, and I fit!

I can put on my pants without unzipping them.

The director of another department paused when he saw me and asked, "Debbie?!"

I can put one foot on the opposite knee to tie my shoes, or bend down to do it if I want to. No problem!

I was a size 26, now 20's are too big.

I went to an amusement park and got on a roller coaster with a young coworker. I kept up with him walking through the park, too!

Let's hear it for nonscale victories! It's a good way to remind me of just how far I've come when I'm tempted to focus on the scale.

Debbie!