Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2010 Bandsters?

Thanks Sandee.... I know in my head I'm not suppose to worry about the weight loss business until my healing weeks are over...but being a yoyo dieter all my life..you sometimes can't help it. I knew all this would occur but listening to other banders they were like, " I lost 18lbs I lost 24lbs, was kind of hoping I'd be one of the banders for a 20lb lost in the first two weeks then take it down a few notches and loses a few a week.. I know this is the better option for me and it will come in time (which is why I chose the band) I wanted healthy not instant. LOL...but I will definetly get pissy once I start the fills and it doesn't come off. hehehehe...thanks for the input. I'll be checking in again in a few days.

good luck to all banders and pre-banders

I am there with you, would knows in another month we will look back and laugh about the scales not moving.(when we are smaller) you are not alone in your concerns.

excellent job. How come he could only put in .6cc's how did he know to stop? I go for my1st fill on June 23rd and the doc said he would be putting in 2cc's. So far i'VE LOST a total of 35 pounds approx.

Thanks! The fill was done under Flouroscopy so she was actually able to see the band and the Fluid. I had to drink barium as she filled the band. Based on the amount of Fluid going through, she was able to see and determine when enough was enough--she did not want to fill it too tight--I was told that tight is not always right. I do know that she withdrew all the fluid from the band first to determine how much was actually in the band and then she put that fluid plus the .6cc.

Hey May 2010 Bandsters! How are we all doing???? Lets catch up its been a while.

I have been doing pretty good I guess. It seems like the first fifty pounds came off pretty fast. At the end of August I hit 50 pounds lost. September has slowed down a bit, think I only lost about 5 pounds or so. So that worries me a little, I go back to Dr tomorrow. Hope they are not as disappointed as I am. Maybe they will give me some pointers to get back on track or jump start things again. B)

Ok lets have it....Updates!!!!!!

Sounds like you are doing great! My surgery was May 6th, and my total weight loss, including the 16 pounds from the pre-op diet, is 72 pounds.

My weight loss has been a bit backwards from yours, but it was because my port flipped and after my first fill I had to wait for over 2 months to schedule surgery to fix the port and then did not get my second fill until late August, then my 3rd fill in mid September. Now that I have great restriction the pounds are falling off, well, maybe not that fast, but much faster than they were!

I am a little over half-way to my goal, and now that my lap-band is working for me I feel like nothing is going to keep me from reaching my goal. As well as the lap-band working I am exercising on a consistent basis B)

Hope that all of the May Bandsters out there are doing well and working towards their weight loss goals!

Michelle

I was banded May3rd and I have lost 44lbs so far I didn't have a preop diet so nothing before. My weight loss seemed a little slow in the beginning but has picked up pretty well since my last fill in Aug. I go back next Wed. and not sure if I even need another fill so we will see, 27lbs to go and they will prob. be the hardest to get off!!!!

I was banded on May 13 and to date I have lost between 45-50 pounds depending on what day I weigh. I haven't had any problems to speak of, although after my third fill had to have some removed. It's been 8 weeks and I think I need another fill. Of course if you count the times I've had to re-lose some of the pounds I have lost much more. I just bought some new clothes (thank you Goodwill) and can't bring myself to wear any of the old way to big lose ones. I have gone from a 20-22 to a 16 mostly and large shirts. My closets are thin but my sister and sister-in-law (who was banded) have some really nice stuff now. Congratulations to all you losers, keep up the great work.B)

I was supposed to have surgery May 27th for the band but I switched to the Vertical Sleeve instead(surgery same day)! I've lost 68 lbs so far, which is 20lbs less than half my goal! I'm pretty excited about it.

Great job everyone! It's amazing how much my lifestyle has changed since WLS and I'm sure you can all agree!

Hello there, my fellow May Bandsters!!!!!!

I was banded on May 11 and I have lost 64 pounds. It melted off during the summer.. September has been slow... I lost like 2 pounds... LOL I haven't been doing well with my Protein intake... so I'm getting back on supplementing with shakes!!

I'm just sooo happy! I started this journey a few months ago and I was a whopping size 24W!!! I now buy size 16 regular in the misses section... Or XL - and when I was a 24 I bought a 3X and still had to stretch out my shirts... how sad... but I don't dwell on where I was... I focus and Celebrate what I am now and what I am becomimg...

:rolleyes2:

I'm excited to say that I'm going to be starting a program to get me ready for a 5k. It's called "from couch to 5k" and it is a 10 wk program.. it tells you every single step to take.. and it guarantees you're ready at the end of the 10th week!!! Jillian Michaels, form the Biggest loser is involved in this program.... if it intersts you, you should totally check it out online...

Anyway, I hope others will post their progress, disappointments, milestones, and plans for the next several months!

HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!! AND THE BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF US!

B)

Banded May 6th, and I'm down 67 pounds total. Losing about 2 pounds a week without trying. I've had no adjustments yet, no panic "stuck" situations, and even lost two pounds last week after spending four days in New Orleans!

I am on the road constantly, and am a frequent speaker at luncheons and banquets. Dry chicken and overcooked beef is tough to choke down, but nothing else has ever been a problem. The most decadent thing I grab in a bag through the car window is the occasional taco. I miss the convenience of sandwiches, but cutting out bread and spuds has killed the cravings of constantly wanting to eat. I am just not hungry anymore. And I am sleeping on my stomach again, something I haven't done in 15 years.

I was shooting myself 5 times day with insulin, and taking 7 heart/bp pills. No insulin since may, and I am down to just one bp pill. That alone is saving me almost $900 a month in meds, along with the dramatically slashed food budget.

So, yeah, this is a big success so far.

Wow... you guys are doing awesome with your weight loss! Congratulations! I told my doc I'd be happy with one pound a week. I was banded May 3, 2010 and I'm down 36 pounds. It wasn't until this last fill a week ago that I ever felt any restriction. I felt hungry all the time. Now I am having trouble even getting a Protein Shake down. I've resorted to the clear fruity Isopure Protein Drinks. I'm not hungry at all so I know the pounds are going to start dropping faster than these previous months. Keep up the good work fellow Bandsters!! :drool:

Great job Fellow May Bandsters!! I was banded on May 6th and I am down 52lbs!!:drool: I am feeling great--still have a challenge with getting all my Protein though. My last fill provided great restriction!! I can eat no more than a half a cup of anything and maybe 3 oz. of meat. I work-out at the gym at least 3-4 times a week and I just started doing Zumba Fitness! I was a size 24 and now can comfortably wear a size 18--on my way to size 16 and XL shirts--yippee!!!!! I enjoy all the compliments and support! I am so glad that I made the decision to have WLS!!!! Continued success to everyone and keep up the good work!!!:)