Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2010 Bandsters?

I was banded May 21st and so far I am down 12lbs 11 days post-op. Surgery and recovery went really well and I only needed pain meds the day after surgery. I was pleasantly surprised about how well I felt. I was even able to go back to work 1 night earlier than planned (4th post-op night). I am currently progressing from pureed foods to soft foods and I hope to be eating regular by the end of the week. I prepared myself by buying lots of post-op food, but right now anything other than yogurt or chili is unappealing to me. I can tolerate other things, I just don't want them. My staple product is GNC's Amp 60 Protein Powder. I make one 12 once shake every morning (60g Protein 280 cals) I drink half for Breakfast and then if I don't meet my protein requirements during the day I know that I absolutely have to drink the second half of the shake. Exercise is going to be my biggest obstacle during my weight loss journey, but I have begun to walk 2 miles a day while pushing almost 100lbs (a double stroller carrying 2 kiddos). I ordered wii fit plus and a personal trainer game. I plan to do that like 4-5 days a week. My first fill is scheduled for 5 weeks post op, so that will be here relatively soon. I have no regrets and I am extremely happy!

I was banded May 27th. My Doctor used the (SIS) Single Incision Surgery so I only have 1 scar around the curve of the belly button that should pretty much disappear after healing. I feel great. I only was sore for the 1st 2 days post-op around the incision and the port. I had to do Clear Liquids only from 7 days pre-op until today. Now I'm on full liquids x1 week then mushies x1 week, then game on. I am feeling the hunger come back now that most of the swelling has gone down. I won't be getting my 1st fill until the end of June so I hope I can control the eating until then.

Hi all... Well I'm two weeks post op. Feeling much better. very slight pain in my port area. Having difficulty with food though. but on yogurts, Jello and eggs since Saturday. Stopped losing about 4 days only down 6 pounds since surgery so I'm feeling kind of pissy about it. This is exactly why I got the LB to being with because of the extreme difficulty in losing. I am hardly eating anything at all. I'm active but I'm still at a stand still soo soon. My energy is find too. Not sure why I'm not losing its weird considering my calorie intact is maybe 600 a day. No carbs..soooo????? I'm ALWAYS hungry. but can't eat. Always seems like I have something stuck in my throat. I'm drinking Water, shakes and protien drinks, some eggs, and pudding. soooo...UGGG.

As for work... I decided to take some time off, but definately glad I didnt have to go back in the first week. Dont think I could have made it.

I new this was not an instant fix to weight loss, but thought I'd be losing a little more quickly than I am.

I'll keep you posted. :biggrin:

Hi all... Well I'm two weeks post op. Feeling much better. very slight pain in my port area. Having difficulty with food though. but on yogurts, Jello and eggs since Saturday. Stopped losing about 4 days only down 6 pounds since surgery so I'm feeling kind of pissy about it. This is exactly why I got the LB to being with because of the extreme difficulty in losing. I am hardly eating anything at all. I'm active but I'm still at a stand still soo soon. My energy is find too. Not sure why I'm not losing its weird considering my calorie intact is maybe 600 a day. No carbs..soooo????? I'm ALWAYS hungry. but can't eat. Always seems like I have something stuck in my throat. I'm drinking Water, shakes and protien drinks, some eggs, and pudding. soooo...UGGG.

As for work... I decided to take some time off, but definately glad I didnt have to go back in the first week. Dont think I could have made it.

I new this was not an instant fix to weight loss, but thought I'd be losing a little more quickly than I am.

I'll keep you posted. :biggrin:

Hi Jewel:

Ok let me clarify something for you, you are healing you will gain weight and that is ok for 6 weeks don't even think about why you have not lost weight instead concentrate on healing! Now for the stuck yeah that is going to happen just make sure that you are taking your time eating, even if it is mushy! Once you get your first fill you then can get pissy if you don't loose...lolol jkjk. You are right this is not an instant fix, but that is good because you now have a permantent fix for this issue we all have in common.

Good luck!

Sandee

hey fellow may 24th bandster...how's ur progress like so far?

Hi there...i was banded May 24th.

Thanks Sandee.... I know in my head I'm not suppose to worry about the weight loss business until my healing weeks are over...but being a yoyo dieter all my life..you sometimes can't help it. I knew all this would occur but listening to other banders they were like, " I lost 18lbs I lost 24lbs, was kind of hoping I'd be one of the banders for a 20lb lost in the first two weeks then take it down a few notches and loses a few a week.. I know this is the better option for me and it will come in time (which is why I chose the band) I wanted healthy not instant. LOL...but I will definetly get pissy once I start the fills and it doesn't come off. hehehehe...thanks for the input. I'll be checking in again in a few days.

good luck to all banders and pre-banders

Hi all. How is everyone doing...all Mayster should have been done by now. How is everyone progressing?

Me, last update I hadn't lost anything. Todays weigh in down 2.2 lbs. since last week. Not too bad was hoping for a bigger loss but I'm ok with it. At least its coming off. Having difficulty food wise. Always hungry always grazing. I definately know my food intake limit though, too much and I get pain. So I eat often but little bits at time. I am in a sweet tooth mode though...New it would happen I just try to keep everyone in the house from buying the bad food...hehehe....usually Sugar Free Chocolate Jello does the trick. However, the hunger all the time is driving me mad. Well I guess I'll check back again at next weigh in.... Let me know you all are fairing..:tongue2:

I was banded May 3.. have lost 16 pounds. Had one fill (1cc). I'm hungry all the time. I keep under 1300 calories a day and my scale has not budged in two weeks. I see my doc today.

I received my first fill on yesterday. The doctor was only able to add .6cc to my band--so I have a total of 2.6 cc's in my band--doesn't seem like much but I can tell the difference in how much I can eat today as opposed to days before. I joked with the doctor and told her to "fill 'er-up"...lol but much to my surprise they couldn't even add a full cc---has anyone else experienced this??? I am down a total of 25lbs.:thumbup: It has been one month since my surgery and I think the amount of weight I have loss is not bad considering half of that time was spent healing from my procedure. Now that I have been given the "ok" to start full workouts and I am sure that I will see the pounds drop!

Hope everyone else is experiencing success at some level! :smile:

Good for you. I'm also 2 weeks post opp and 5 days after surgery I was solid food, but I don't have any saline in my band. I get my 1st fill on June 23rd...2cc's and I have a 14cc band From what I hear there's 10 & 14. I've found a great site, it tracks your carbs/protein/fat and tracks all your calories from food. If a food isn't listed you creat a new food or if you are workig off a recipe you put in the recipe, portion size etc and it calculates the calories, carbs/protein/fat, etc.

I think once you eat more Protein in your diet you will be full. I have 1/2 cup of cottage cheese or an egg for breakfast, 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese or 2 oz protein & veggies for lunch and I'm up to 4 oz from 2 oz protein at dinner and seem to be satisfied. And Iagree with you, if there isn't sweets in the house it's ok.

Prior to surgery I lost 27 pounds and since surgery 6 pounds!

let me know if you have any saline in your band and try moving onto pureed foods. What kind of other problems are you having. I'd be interested in knowing.

Either way keep you head up high, Your progress so far is fantastic!!

excellent job. How come he could only put in .6cc's how did he know to stop? I go for my1st fill on June 23rd and the doc said he would be putting in 2cc's. So far i'VE LOST a total of 35 pounds approx.

Well.. I saw my doc. He says I'm losing one pound a week and that's what I should expect. He gave me the option of getting a fill and I declined. I told him I'm happy with an average of one pound a week. Doc says don't worry about how many cc's anyone else has or gets. Everyone is different and has different reactions and results to fills. Even though my scale didn't budge for a couple of weeks, he reminded me that I'm down 4 pounds since I last got weighed in his office 3 weeks ago. I need to be patient and stop obsessing over the scale. It's so hard though, isn't it? :eek: I go back to see him in two weeks. If I haven't lost two pounds I'll get a little fill. I have to remember this is a journey.... not a sprint. Oh Lord... please give me patience. :(

I was banded May 3.. have lost 16 pounds. Had one fill (1cc). I'm hungry all the time. I keep under 1300 calories a day and my scale has not budged in two weeks. I see my doc today.

What did your doctor say?

You have done a great job your first month, wow!!!