Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your advice; do you think i am too tight?

I am fairly new to this so I could use any advice or opinion. I had a fill on February 23, 2010. This was my 3rd fill. I have found that on some days I can eat, but on some days I cannot. This is really upsetting to me because it gets to the point that I feel like I am starving, literally. I have not found a Protein shake that I can tolerate so i am in trouble here.

I do not eat bread type items, and I don't eat things on the "list" of things that could possibly get stuck. It just seems that when i am really hungry and I eat too fast things get stuck. But how do you not eat too fast when u are starving?I will take a bite of food and feel like I am chewing the hell out of it and it will get stuck and then I am done eating. It is getting to the point that I absolutely dread meal times. It is upsetting me and my family. I don't want to get unfilled if I don't have to. If this is what "normal" restriction is then fine, I will deal with it. If not, then I need to go and have some taken out. Just wondering your thoughts. I am happy for the results that I have had, but for not being able to eat much, the weight is not coming off like I think it should. Any help or advice would be appreciated. thanks Lori

I am having a very similar situation...i probably could have wrote this myself... I don't feel like i am too restricted because of the days i CAN eat.. and i can chugg water... it doesn't make sense.. and i know what your saying about not wanting an unfil. i like the results.. it just sucks when i can't eat.

The answer is in your post.

It just seems that when I am really hungry and I eat too fast things get stuck.

You should be eating before you get to that stage.Eating too fast always causes problems.

Are you like this because you are sticking to 3 meals per day? Although this is what most Drs seem to like us to aim for most of them realise that for many it is not achievable.

I normally eat Breakfast between 6.30 and 8 depending on whether or not I am working. I don't normally have a problem not eating again until midday but generally I only eat dinner when my husband gets home at around 7pm. & hours without food is a long time in anyones books so I have to have some kind of snack mid afternnon.

Maybe try having a planned healthy snack in between meals(whilst still sticking to your daily calorie limit). This may take the edge of your hunger so that you eat slower and don't get stuck.

OMG, Discomom!!! I am thinking and wondering the exact same thing however, I have already been unfilled once, and now I am wondering if I should have some more taken out.

I have only been filled twice. The first one I still ate/drank just fine. I did have a couple stuck episodes. but nothing major. (I blogged about them on my other blog) But this time I have had nothing but trouble. I went 4 days and then had some taken out and now it has been 4 more and I'm thinking I should have more out, but then I'll have a meal where it is fine! I drink (sip) Water all day ok, in the morning I can take all my meds with hot coffee, no problem. I've even been able to eat a piece of toast after the coffee.< /p>

lunch comes and I can't get anything to go. maybe a bite but then it feels as tho it is stuck and hurts like crazy. No matter how small, how much I chew OR what it is... I usually end up sliming and then just sipping Water the rest of the day till I get home to eat somee kind of small dinner at 6.

dinner normally has been fine. I am starting to get concerned. But I am afraid to get more taken out for fear that I will have NO restriction and therefore NO weight loss! ADVICE PLEASE, ANYONE??? :-(

ok so there and need advice about throwing up. I eat weird hours so the whole 3 meals a day is off for me. I can't eat Breakfast bedside yogurt in the morning or i get stuck, no matter how small and chewed bites. I work nites so it is no matter when I wake up I just can't eat real food for aleast 2hrs after being awake. I feel better after throwing up is something gets stuck, but that can be so hard to take about 10-15 to get it up. I don't want unfil, it is weird, I have bad days and good days. It is not every day I get stuck but aleast once a week for sure. Who else has hard time throwing up when you know it needs to come up because if just isn't going down??????