Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anybody ever been told that they have to trim the crust off all bread, even off toast?

No I havent heard that but I have found that I really cant eat any bread without difficulty - not since about my second fill - sometimes I miss it :-)

I actually find I have trouble with the soft fluffy part, seems to get stuck - I hadnt really noticed the crust.

I thought it sounded bizarre.

It's the soft, doughy part that would get stuck in my thinking, like you said.

I left that NUT. I'm now seeing another one.

Can anybody think of a reason why this makes any sense?

Edited by Drasan

I CANNOT eat any kind of bread at all! I have tried and tried but can't--it's the only thing I really cannot get down! Good luck!

Bread's not part of my plan, but everyone I know says that the crust is the easiest part to tolerate! (The softer inside is what gets Gummy and can get stuck.)

It's so weird how we all get told different things by our doctors.

There's nothing about the crust that makes it less suitable, nutritionally. But trimming means that less goes into your body! Maybe that's the motivation...?

I was told the crust could scratch .. lol. Believe me, after I chew, chew, chew there is nothing scratchy about it. :frown:

Here's more bizarreness. Remove Tomato seeds and remove cucumber seeds cause they will stick together and clump. Ever hear that one?

I did hear about removing cucumber seeds.

Has anybody ever been told that they have to trim the crust off all bread, even off toast?

No, I was never told that and actually I was told to stay away from bread but if I had to eat it I should eat whole wheat bread and it had to be toasted.

I usually leave the crusts as those are the parts that cause me trouble.

otherwise I can eat bread, but really dont very often. It doesnt stick for me so much as its extremely filling and just not nutritious enough to be worth it, as I cant eat much else with it.

I also noticed after last week when I went on school camp and had no choice but to eat white bread, cornflakes, white Pasta, chicken schnitzels and chips, i felt full to the point of overflow constantly, and felt completely crappy at the end of four days (probably because I had not one single BM in that time!). So for me, the occasional slice of wholegrain bread is fine, but my old style carb full diet is definitely not.

Inteesting!! I make toast occasionally with Ezekiel bread and it is fine, but I don't do bread of any kind otherwise. It is also interesting about the tomatoe seeds and cucumber seeds. I would just never eat them because I would not take out the seeds. Just way too much work.... I have to buy salad in a bag as it is... Very interesting post!! Hugs!!

It's really easy to get the seeds out of cucumbers. You just run a spoon down the length of a cucumber sliced in half. I love them, so it's worth the effort. There are very few vegetables I actually like.

For me, crust is the easiest part to eat. But I don't eat much bread these days. I just don't have the room for it.

I can do Tomato seeds, it's the skin I have issues with. I ate one of those little grape tomatoes whole. Discovered the hard way that they are not easy to chew, chew, chew! But easily created slime, slime, slime!

Never had a problem with cucumbers. Yummy!