Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The worst PB Episode EVER today....

AND IT WAS 1/2 of A F*ing TABLE Water CRACKER!

And it happened at work, which was more embarrassing because I was in the middle of talking to one of the new agents in my office who thought he would have to call 911 because he thought I was choking to death.

in the 10 1/2 months I've been banded this has never happened to me quite like this, to the point when I was trying to get it out I practically had my fist down my throat.

2 hours later, I can still feel it......

I know we all like to talk the positives of the band, and believe me I have nothing more to do then rave about it, but seriously? a cracker? which I have had no problem eating until today (I sub crackers for the toast I can't eat).... Has anyone else had a really shocking PB and been angry afterwards?

I am so sorry this happened to you - especially at work in front of a colleague!!! It is so odd when, out of the blue, you can no longer tolerate something that you never had a problem with before.

I had my last fill in Sept. '09 and thought I was at my 'sweet spot'. Then, over the last two months (and especially the past three weeks) I became very tight I could barely swallow Water, and could only tolerate very small bites of food, and then would spit saliva and gurgle for 30 minutes after eating or drinking anything. I finally made an appointment and got a slight unfill yesterday (-.3cc's - I went from 6.5 cc's to 6.2 cc's). I feel like a new woman! No more spitting/gurgling, and I can eat/drink healthy portions while still feeling adequate restriction. My physician said there may be a slight chance my band may have slipped a little, but if the slight unfill corrects the problem, then nothing further is required.

I'm just sharing this in case you have been noticing you feel more restricted, then maybe you should check with your physician re: a slight unfill. Or it could just be a quirky, one-time incident, and hopefully won't happen again!:)

Not so much angry afterwards as regretting every trying to eat calamari!

I had a terrible one on holidays a few years back, it was SO painful. I was with my family they were so alarmed, and it was in public too, I was frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog. We had to walk back to our holiday house, I had to spit in the street, pb'd on the railway track on the main road, continued to vomit for hours and hours afterwards. One piece of calamari!

Strangely I was fine the next day and able to eat without issues.

You poor thing! I've had some of my worst PBs with scrambled eggs. You'd think I'd stop eating them after the first time, but I *love* scrambled eggs, and I keep thinking it was just a fluke. I've now had to have TWO unfills because of eggs that caused subsequent inflammation. *sigh*

I've yet to have something like this happen in front of people other than my DH, and I'm terrified that it will happen someday at a dinner party b/c we belong to a dinner club and often try new foods.

I had a very bad experience with it today for my 1st time. It hurt so bad & I was driving. I was eating a normal amount, but shouldn't have because I had a fill this morning. I only had Soup for lunch, then tried mexi dip & chips for dinner.

My doc did a complete unfill to determine how much I had, then filled to 7cc's. We found that I was 1 1/2 cc's lower than we thought. One of the fills from months ago didn't go into the tube evidentally.

So, I think this may be much easier for me now to eat smaller portions. I am actually full just from drinking Water. I now know what this is supposed to feel like.

It's been such a slow process for months now and this explains a lot of it. I have been the exact same weight for the past 3 fills oddly enough. I think I'll lose this time. Gaye

these episodes seem to come and go and for me are triggered by many different foods..It also depends upon how fast I eat and how throughly I chew.

I have been banded for 4 years and lost 70 pounds.. In the last year I am up 20 pounds..but it is my fault..I also work 24 hour call and often eat to keep awake and alert..Any ideas for Protein Bars I can take to work to increase my energy at 4 am...and not eat hospital issued Peanut Butter crackers. I also get headaches at times from all the chewing...I need to get back on track...thanks.