Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date in Mexico is 4-15-2010

Hi,

I am pretty new here. I am super excited, but a little scared too. My surgery date is 4-15-2010 and I will be traveling to TJ for y surgery. I do not have insurance coverage for the procedure, so I have decided to go to TJ and self pay. I am looking for people in my area for support or people here online to swap stories. I live in Washington state, not too far from Seattle.

Wish me luck!:)

Hi,

i am going to Juarez, Mexico this week on April the 1st i too am a little nervous. I live in tennessee but when i get back i will be sure to let you know. I am still super excited about going but alittle nervous about the crime.

No, I am not worried at all. There is a place that will take care of me here in Wa about 10 minutes from my house. I have made sure of this.

Just had my surgery 3/25/10 in Monterrey Mexico. I wasn't "fat" enough for a US surgeon to band me, so I went to someone who would.

Are you going with a companion? I would recommend that. I went along and my novice Spanish didn't serve me well when I was coming out of anesthesia. Definitely do your deep breathing post op. It's not easy but I found that the more I walked, the better I felt. Seriously.

The surgeon did a great job. I don't regret it. I have already emailed back and forth about 5 times and I've only been home 2 days.

I was back to work today - 4 days postop as a nurse for 12 hrs on a busy floor. You'll be fine!

Thanks for your message. I am glad things went well for you. I also work 12 hour days and plan to go back to work 4 days after being banded. I am with you as far as keeping it a secret. My husband knows and a few friends. I am sure I will tell more people later, but not right now. If you would like to email each other with our progress my email address is: susujohnson@hotmail.com.

Congrats to you.

I had my surgery on March 12th in Juarez and the only thing I would suggest is making sure that you know some common translations. All my doctors knew English, but not very many of the nursing staff did. The surgery and healing process was not too bad, and I'm back to clinicals in nursing school without a hitch. I hope everything goes well for you and your recovery is quick.