Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandster Updates

I had my surgery March 24 and still struggling with gas today, March 30th. I've lost about 7 lbs and my first visit isn't until April 13th. I was told I could advance to mushier foods like puddings etc. I'm not sure what those foods are. Also, how do you get your Protein in?

I'm 11 days post surgery and I still have gas related pain in my abdomen, the more you walk the better that moves through you, or so I've found... just make sure there's no one walking BEHIND you :)

For me mushy foods on my dietician's list included all clear liquid/full liquid items, skinless baked/mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, Peanut Butter in moderation, refried Beans, baked Beans if run through a blender, tuna, chicken salad (w/o celery) etc... basically anything that can be mashed to mush heh.

I had my surgery this past Monday (3/29) day after my birthday! I had surgery at 7:30am and was home by 3pm. I have rested in a recliner laying on a heating pad. They say it helps the gas pains. I have been walking all around the house. Tomorrow I am going to walk around outside with my husband's help.

I am still eating broth and getting a few sips of my Protein shake down. I was planning on going back to work tomorrow but they said to relax rest of week and work from home on my laptop. Yay!

Glad to hear everyone's doing good. I did gain from the surgery but I see it coming off in the past 2 days....

Hello everyone,

I was banded March 29th so I am 3 days post-op. The only problem I am having is the gas and bloating....I see others have suggested gas-x strips so I will be picking some of those up ASAP. Ive been walking everyday and it helps a little but still bloated. No problems with nausea, they gave me a pill before surgery for nausea and they also placed a patch behind my ear for nausea that lasts 3 days.

I am still doing my shakes. So far, I'm only able to do 2 shakes a day...My surgery was at 730AM and I was out of the hospital by 12...everything ran so smoothly. Dr. Hugeut is the best!

Edited by eckerd06

I am still using my Optifast to meet my Protein goal. I dont know if you followed a liquid diet pre-op but if you have any leftovers, use those.

Congrats to the most recent March bandsters. Give yourselves a lot of TLC.

... gentle hugs ...

well I had my band put in on March 11 and today I start on 4th week and I'm getting hungry and gain 3 pounds is this normal?

Hi all I was banded March 16, the first was **ll on earth because no one told me that in 2010 they are still using staples when I work up to this realization I was like wth!!! For pain I had liquid tylonel and percocet and everytime I used either 45 mins later I was sweating like I had hot flashes. Finally after the staples were removed I felt like a new woman again. I also was unable to eat the first week due to swelling which was great but now that the swelling is gone I could eat a horse!!!

I've lost 15lbs since surgery day and feel great but I'm also hungry. Its very hard not to consume liquid 30mins to 1hr b4 and after eating but I'm working on it. My first fill is April 26 and I'm looking forward to it. Congrats to everyone and the progress that has been made. The following link will provide sum ideas on pureed foods just search for pureed foods. I hope you guys enjoy this link it has helped me mix it up a lil with my food choices.

NetWellness Homepage

Hm, I didn't have staples. My doctor just used steristrips to hold my skin together. The incisions are healing

In the hospital I got reglan for the pain, but it didn't work that well. Once I was taking LorTab by mouth, that did the trick. It was such a relief!

So, had my post op appt today. (2 weeks post op) I only lost 2 lbs. I guess that is to be expected, no exercise and starving my body, slows the metabolism. I start mushies today yay! My first fill will be in 3 weeks. Hope you are all doing well.:thumbup:

Just had my 2 wk Post Op check up today. Surgeon said, in 2 more weeks I don't want you to ever eat mushie foods again and I want you to shoot for 100g Protein a day.

I was stupified, because I'm a vegetaran so that many g's protein is a real challenge; and "no more protein shakes" if i don't eat greek yogurt and cottage cheese, 2 good easy sources of protein- wtf. The dietician came in and talked me through it. I don't know. Then I was supposed to get a date for my next appointment in 4 weeks for my first fill and the earliest they had was in 6 wks.

Annoyed and Frustrated.... but otherwize feeling fine.

So, had my post op appt today. (2 weeks post op) I only lost 2 lbs. I guess that is to be expected, no exercise and starving my body, slows the metabolism. I start mushies today yay! My first fill will be in 3 weeks. Hope you are all doing well.:thumbup:

Hey Lynn, how are you? I had my post op appointment today as well, down 7lbs since surgery. I was not eating enough so he moved me to mushies, 80-100 grams of Protein, 80-100 oz of Water, and 800-1000 calories. I go back in two weeks. I had 2 ounces of refried Beans for dinner and was so freakin full....had been feeling so normal was wondering if I really had the band..lol so that's what it took to feel it? So loving that feeling of getting full fast:thumbup: Email me so we can chat more barbarabachi@yahoo.com