Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandster Updates

banded on march 5th and down 26 pounds 2day.. everything is great only the first 5 days was crappy.. my main problem is that im soooooooooo HUNGRY.. thats whats killing me. i definitly feel like i can eat more than 4 ounces but im scared to lol .

Good Morning-

Seeing the Doc at 10:30, I'm bringing my food log in to show what I ate yesterday, it's pretty carby because of Cream of Wheat, I was feeling Iron deficient after TOM (happened right after surgery, bleh) and Cream of Wheat is full of iron... and also carbs.

I am really ready for at least some fish. I am also a bit curfudled about conflicting responses from the medical folks at the surgeons. I've made a little list to go with my food Log, questions about gall stones, caffeine (Oh man I MISS coffee!) and calorie intake.

It sounds like everyone is doing great, take care of yourselves :o

Laurie

I had my band March 18. I lost 5 pounds on my own, 10 pounds on the pre-op diet, and 13 pounds since the surgery, for a total of 28 pounds.

I'm having a little gas pain in my chest still, but I'm hoping that will go away. I'm almost done with the liquid diet and am so looking forward to mushies. My stomach has been cramping, and I've been having cravings for burgers. The Protein shakes help with the hunger, but I'm getting a little sick of them. It may be time to try a different one.

I have my first post-op appointment this afternoon. The doctor may do a slight fill then.

March Bandsters: So glad everyone is doing so well. I had my surgery on the 15th and can start mushies today. Thankfully, because Protein Shakes are making me gag now, I'm so sick of them :thumbup: 10 day pre op I lost 6 lbs, post op I've lost another 11. 62 to go to goal. I've never lost quickly so it's a slow goin.

Starting to feel like I can eat anything and real hunger is back. I'm still a month away from my first opportunity for a fill. Thankfully, I do feel some siety in eating small bits- and hopefully that helps me manage till I'm ready for a fill.

First of all, can someone tell me how to join the March Bandsters group?

I am day 13 (banded 03/16/10), have my first postop check this coming Wednesday. I am out of work for three weeks, but only because I can't go back until after my postop check, and I think they messed up (YAY) and scheduled that two weeks after surgery. I was down 23 pounds from first consultation in December to surgery date; not so much now, on Clear Liquids for two weeks. Hopefully Wednesday I'll move to "mushies." (another YAY!)

The only gas issues I've had are when I actually have a bowel movement and then it's like... O M G. But between bathroom visits (which are maybe once or twice a day), no gas, no gas pain. I've had the itchy incisions as well, which has been about the worst complaint so far. I am SO ready to chew something, I fantasize about gnawing on a T-bone steak!

With the liquids, I have no restrictions at all. I can drink a Protein Drink right down like always; two cups of bouillon, no problem; a whole bowl of Jell-O. The only thing that makes me feel remotely full is bouillon. It isn't that I'm hungry - although after the first week, I did have some hunger pangs; it's more that I can take in as much liquid as I ever did (I was a big drinker, I'd have a pot of coffee every morning, and a 2-liter Pepsi-One EVERY DAY). Should I be worried about this? Not sure if I get a fill at my first postop visit or not.

Reading everyone's problems and seeing the encouraging responses is so great. Right now I'm mostly upbeat (a bit upset over not losing more postop, but not truly "down"), but I know I'll plateau or crave something down the line and you all will be here for me. Thank you!!

Here is the area for the March 2010 Bandsters:

March 10 Bandsters - LAP-BAND®®

There is a March Marauders graphic to add to your profile if you like, I don't think we're official much beyond that,

Should we start a new chat thread every week or every month?

Does someone want to, or has someone volunteered to be the thread starter? I'm afraid I'd forget..., probably should be someone who works at a computer.

"March Marauders April Chat" would start on Thursday

Okay guys, give it to me straight! When is this god awful feeling like I need to burp or I will explode feeling go away???? I am told that this is temporary but I feel frustrated and VERY unladylike (if you get my drift, and I most certainly hope that you are not down wind no pun intended).

Does this feeling ease up? Please let me know.

Ruthie:cursing:

I was banded on March 18. I lost 10 pounds on the 1 week liquid pre-op diet and have lost 9 pounds post-op. I am no on soft foods, though I can't have beef unless pureed and chicken must be extremely soft and not dry. I've actually just been sticking to seafood for now just to be on the safe side. I just went back to work today and made the huge mistake of not eating all day and waiting until I got home. I just stuck to yogurt, tea, Water and a v8 for that 7.5 hours I was at work, so I was famished when I got home. I still made good choices for my dinner, but ate more than I should have, though the calorie total was under 500 calories.

I can't really tell if I've gotten restriction because I'm focusing on stopping when i am no longer hungry when eating. Also, with having to eat so slow, I am more easily recognizing that feeling of satiety. I often ate when I wasn't even hungry before the band, but now that is not possible (well its possible but I can't do that anymore); I just love the taste of food! So now, I am really working on learning my body's cues about when its really hungry, thirsty, or just bored. This has been a learning experience in so many ways!

Okay guys, give it to me straight! When is this god awful feeling like I need to burp or I will explode feeling go away???? I am told that this is temporary but I feel frustrated and VERY unladylike (if you get my drift, and I most certainly hope that you are not down wind no pun intended).

This exploding feeling did not leave me until I was able to fart (Dont mind me, I try to be lady like) And I wasnt able to for about a week post op. The terrible gas pains lasted atleadt 6 days post op. But once you get past it youll feel great@@@!!! I promise:thumbup:

Hi there I have a question for you guys -

I am 5 days post-op and I still weigh more than I did the morning of the surgery. I hope that this is just Water weight due to the surgery...I still am swollen in the belly and on day 3 of my TOM. I have only been allowed 3 Protein shakes a day for the last 3 days. That works out to about 400-cal a day, so I am sure that it is not from overeating! I will only be able to have Protein Shakes and yogurt for the next 9 days.

I did great on the pre-op diet...lost 19 pounds....so I was really excited about the actual surgery. I know that it is not a race, but it seems that most of you have lost weight since banding and I am still above my pre-op weight. Did any of you gain weight immediately after surgery? Did the weight just drop off one day when your body decided to release the stored Water?

Just having a sad moment....don't mind me!

Hi there I have a question for you guys -

I am 5 days post-op and I still weigh more than I did the morning of the surgery. I hope that this is just Water weight due to the surgery...I still am swollen in the belly and on day 3 of my TOM. I have only been allowed 3 Protein shakes a day for the last 3 days. That works out to about 400-cal a day, so I am sure that it is not from overeating! I will only be able to have Protein Shakes and yogurt for the next 9 days.

I did great on the pre-op diet...lost 19 pounds....so I was really excited about the actual surgery. I know that it is not a race, but it seems that most of you have lost weight since banding and I am still above my pre-op weight. Did any of you gain weight immediately after surgery? Did the weight just drop off one day when your body decided to release the stored Water?

Just having a sad moment....don't mind me!

I'm in the same boat this morning. :frown: I am 8 days post-op. On Friday (five days post-op) I was down 2 lbs from my surgical day weight. Well, then yesterday and today I'm back UP - so I'm like 1 lb over my surgical weight and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the heck is going on. It's really starting to tick me off. :)

But, I keep telling myself - "the weight will come off". Just praying it does. I keep doing what I'm supposed to. But, I totally feel your frustration. Trust me!

Happymom, I lost nothing for three days after surgery. Then I lost three pounds a day for four days. Then almost nothing for the past week. Had I been on a diet normally, I would have given up and binged from failure. But I've been tracking everything I eat and know my body will eventually give up the weight. I know how annoying it is, I really do! Stick to the diet. That's your victory for now--not the numbers on the scale. Easier said than done, I know! I keep trying to tell myself this.

Incidentally, I was supposed to start my period on the day of the surgery. My body was kind enough to hold off until about a week after. I know that's probably affecting my weight.

from what i hear, we're going to be gassy ladies forever now. so far, the gas pains are gone, but the gas isn't. it's here everyday. sometimes i can't even keep it under wraps which kinda bothers me seeing as how i never farted in front of my husband or anything before. now i can't help it. a friend of mine who is almost two years out still has gas out the wah (pun intended!) and said that it's always an ongoing thing for her and she's just gotten used to it. sigh!!!!:)

See, I see the farting as a new weapon. As many dutch ovens as I have had to deal with from my loving husband, it's about time for payback. Oh yes - I'm getting even now! :)

Hi! This is my first post. I was banded on 3-25-10 and am doing great...I think. I came home the same day as surgery and snoozed for most of the day but was able to sleep in my bed (back and right side). Though I might have to sleep in a chair/ottoman, but was more comfortable in bed. On Friday and over the weekend I had no significant issues. Was able to be up and walking but rested alot. No pain meds after Friday. No problem tolerating liquids. LOTS of gas (worst pain was shoulder pain on the afternoon of surgery but that passed). I still feel the almost constant need to burp, but it doesn't really "hurt".

I went back to work on Monday, but just for a few hours (and I mostly sit). Got pretty tired so went home and took a long nap. BTW, since Saturday, I have been able to sleep on my left-port-side, which is natural for me so that is good.

I am working today, but plan to leave by 3,

I worry a little that I am not getting enough nutrition. I am on "clear liquids" for 2 weeks (until my 1st postop visit). That means only Water, crystal lite, sf Jello and popsicles and broth. I have almost NO engergy. Last night I decided to have a low cal Protein drink (I had been told to avoid the shakes because of high calories but this only had 120 and 30 gr protein) After that I felt much better. I dont know if I can go for 2 full weeks on the clear stuff! BUt I am down 12 lb since my last preop visit and 10 since the date of surgery, so that is a little solace:smile: