Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!!! Losing my HAIR:(

I have been banded for all most a year and my hair is sooo thin. I just started using Biotin. Does anyone really know that it works:confused::smile::confused::thumbup:

Hi, some people say that Biotin does work, I found that if I got more Protein in my Hair loss stopped :smile: Don't panic and you are not alone!

Biotin is a hit or miss..works for some not for all..but definately make sure you are taking in enough if not more protein!! good luck!

I have to agree... Biotin and hitting your daily protien will help. Remember... what goes in affects your body. Since hair is protien... you need protien to sustain it nicely. Grab a protien bar or a protien shake if you need to get that extra protien in. You can do it! :) Hang in there! :thumbup:

My loss has not started--but the nurse coordinator at my doctor's office recommends a salon regimen of Nioxin. (She specifically suggests going to a salon and having a regimen set up for you, rather than buying it off the shelf; I suppose this is intended to better tailor the program to your needs.)

Also recommended, of course, are the usual Protein and biotin!

My hair started thinning around month 3 or 4. Many people posted in the past that it stops falling out by month 8-10, but I'm almost a year out (Mayo Bandito also), and I'm still losing a bit more hair than normal.

I've tried Biotin and increased Protein for periods of time, but it didn't seem to have an affect.

The problem is that the thinning is somewhat noticeable now-- because I didn't have very thick hair to begin with!

I'm losing weight, so that's a great thing, but I want my hair back!!!

Anyone out there have it grow back to normal at some point?!

I had a problem with thinning hair as well....what's helping me is Biotin, increasing my Protein and I massage Castor oil on my sides and it started growing back. Good luck

You definately are not alone. I was banded in December and my hair is falling out too. Losing tons every day. I use nioxin, take hair Vitamins with 6000mcg of Biotin, and get all my Protein in, and it is still falling out. So what the hell. I figure if i have done everything right and it is still falling out, then so be it. .....good luck and keep us posted..................oneuttynurse

Check your Protein intake. I had the same problem, dr said pay more attention to how amount of protein. Not losing anymore. hair lady says to use rogain to thicken it back up.

When everyone says to get enough Protein, how much are you getting daily?

Biotin, rogaine, and Protein seem to be working for me. Dont know if it is any of the one because I started the biotin and rogaine together. But now I have a larger than normal percentage of short hair and on humid days it sticks up all over the place.