Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

define what proper restriction feels like...

What will the proper restriction or "sweet spot" feel like? Is it a high chesty tightness? or stuffed tummy feeling? or what? Some make it sound like it's a hard to swallow sensation. If there is no feeling of restriction can the band still be effective till a fill can be done?

When I eat properly - as in chew well, small bites, and foods that arent REALLY hard to eat - fruit for me is very hard, ugh - then restriction feels like nothing. I just get a normal full tummy sensation after about 3/4 of a cup of food.

I never pb unless I make a significant user error or try to eat too soon after hard exercise.

I personally think that a lot of what people describe as their sweet spot sounds way way too tight. My lifestyle is not at all restricted by my band - for example I'm going with my grade sixes on school camp next week and am not at all concerned by what I'm going to eat - I will eat what I'm served! I dont plan specially for occasions or events, I dont freak about what I'm going to eat on a plane etc etc. I can eat absolutely anything, and I can be pretty much 100% sure that if I'm properly careful, embarrassing public pb's wont happen.

That to me is ideal restriction.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches