Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I recently was filled to 7cc's in a 10cc band. I am literally miserable and scared to eat. Mostly everything I eat gets stuck and I have threw up just about everything. I am question this because I don't know if I am now to the point where I have to chew, chew, chew and take small bites or if this is just waaaayyy to tight. I made an appt for the dr to take some out, but I don't want to stop the weightloss. I have already loss three pounds since the fill on tuesday. I do also know that if I don't eat that will slow down my weight loss as well. What does your sweet spot feel like and am I being a punk?....Don't know yet. :thumbup:

I think you are too tight and that wt loss is probably part dehydration. Please keep your appt for a tiny unfill, we are not meant to live like that.

Best wishes,

Mimi

I agree when you lose 3 pounds in that time frame you are a bit to tight. Its amazing what a slight unfill would do for you. Bottom line is that you shouldn't be afraid to eat!

wanted to add when I was at my sweet spot I didn't even think about food, I wasn't scared to eat, but instead had to remind myself to eat.

I don't think I ever reached a sweet spot. I have a 10cc band and had a 5.5cc fill and got stuck twice. Had to go back to the Doctor and he removed the entire fill and I had to start all over again. That happened twice. So now I don't know if I want anymore fill becauses I'm afraid I'll get stuck again. I'm not losing any weight just kinda staying the same.

I don't know whether you're too tight, but I think it's a safe bet that if you have a gastric band, you're definitely

now to the point where I have to chew, chew, chew and take small bites

That's something you definitely should be doing.

If you've been vomiting, I'd give it a little time on liquids/mushies (still chew, chew, chewing those mushies!) to see if things loosen up a bit before heading in for an unfill.

If, however, you believe you may be dehydrated, don't wait--call your doctor right away.

One other thought, after a fill you have a bit of swelling that makes you feel tighter than you will be after a week or so. So it may be that if you give it a few days it will level out. Are you able to drink liquids and keep them down? If you are then you can afford to watch for a couple days, but if you cant keep liquids down go to the doctor immediately. Always call their office if you have questions, that is what they are there for.

One other thought, after a fill you have a bit of swelling that makes you feel tighter than you will be after a week or so.

I was going to say the same thing!:blushing:

I went two and a half days without being able to keep Water down, finally the nurse told me to come in and that is when he removed the fill.

I think you guys are right. I did most of the upchucking the day of my fill which was tuesday and the day after. I was never told to eat Soup and soft stuff after my fills but It's now friday and I am beginning to feel a lot better. I am keeping everything down not that I am eating a whole lot, but I actually forgot to eat this morning but I'm not hungry at all and I had a few spoonfuls of some broccoli and cheese soup and I was fine. Thanks for the advice. :blushing:

I also was filled 2 wks ago. Went up to 7cc in 10cc band. I am also afraid to eat anything. Have had several "stuck" episodes and vomiting. I thought mine would get better but it hasn't. I am down 5 pounds in two weeks so I hate to complain....don't know what to do!

Just a thought, but after I have a fill my doc has me stay on liquids for the next 48 hours. By then the swelling and irritation from the fill is gone.

He also recommends staying on liquids for 24 hours after a "stuck" episode. Same as after a fill, this allows your body time to reduce the swelling.

Hope this is of some help to you. Of course, as always, check with your doctor and see what advice you are given.

Good Luck:smile2: