Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

C-Section Flab after Band?

Do you have the infamous "smiley face"?;-) I know I have a great big smile and I wonder if he'll go away when I start to lose weight or if he has to stick around!

I know I'd probably have to have a Tummy Tuck to make him go away all together, but I want so badly to TUCK MY SHIRT IN a pair of button close jeans! Is that asking too much or is it at least possible???

My daughter still has what she calls her "pouch" after losing over 100 lbs. with gastric bypass. She wants to have plastic surgery for it, and her dr. is putting her in for it under her insurance. Go figure. He thinks anyone that loses a great deal of weight should be covered for plastic surgery to remove excess fat. She honestly has been approved. She is stationed with her husband in Italy and will be going to Weisbaden, Germany for her surgery. She is getting a Tummy Tuck and a breast lift. How lucky can one person be. She is the first I've heard of being approved afterward for plastic surgery for anything to do with weight loss without having to pay. She also seems to have the best luck in the world at most everything she sets out to do. She never lets up for one minute with insurance companies, and I think sometimes they take her just to shut her up :rolleyes:

I do, however, agree that should be a part of the surgery if you have a lot of loose hanging flab when you are done.

Good luck with that smiley face. :P

I will have tons of hanging flab, and I have NO way at all that I know I can do anything about it.. ever.

Its hard to think about.. but I guess I wont till the time comes..

I have TWO c cection scares.. the panyline one.. and one in the middle of my gutt.. I havent looked at them for ever

I can feel the panyline one when I wash.. its a raise kind of scar

But the other one? who knows.. lol

Im the same, havent seen my ceasar scar in quite a while. I have had 2 ceasars and there is no way I will be able to tuck a shirt in and feel comfortable without a TT. My belly hangs a fair way and has for a lot of yrs. The last time I lost weight I got pretty thin but still had a hangy belly and would always feel self concious about it. I was so unhappy how I was, I am feeling happier about losing weight, but unhappy about the hanging bits. I wonder if I really will ever feel happy with myself...I really doubt it.

I will have tons of hanging flab, and I have NO way at all that I know I can do anything about it.. ever.

Its hard to think about.. but I guess I wont till the time comes..

I have TWO c cection scares.. the panyline one.. and one in the middle of my gutt.. I havent looked at them for ever

I can feel the panyline one when I wash.. its a raise kind of scar

But the other one? who knows.. lol

Actually--you will be able to get the Tummy Tuck, for medical reasons concerning your incontinence. The hanging skin ect., "pulls" on your bladder causing it to malfunction. Ask your PC--he'll tell ya. Your surgeon can write a letter so that it will be covered by insurance.

I had a csection in 2000, i have lost 96 lbs and the smiley is still there! I will definatley have to have a tt before i can comfortably tuck my shirt in!

My daughter still has what she calls her "pouch" after losing over 100 lbs. with gastric bypass. She wants to have plastic surgery for it, and her dr. is putting her in for it under her insurance. Go figure. He thinks anyone that loses a great deal of weight should be covered for plastic surgery to remove excess fat. She honestly has been approved. She is stationed with her husband in Italy and will be going to Weisbaden, Germany for her surgery. She is getting a Tummy Tuck and a breast lift. How lucky can one person be. She is the first I've heard of being approved afterward for plastic surgery for anything to do with weight loss without having to pay. She also seems to have the best luck in the world at most everything she sets out to do. She never lets up for one minute with insurance companies, and I think sometimes they take her just to shut her up :rolleyes:

Tricare (military insurance) covers like one plastic surgey in your lifetime without any questions. There are some restrictions, but not many. I've been planning on mine when I'm close to goal as well :P (Navy wife here)

My little pouchy bit went away within 6 months. The more I read the more I realise, I got through three pregnancies very lightly.

Smilin' here!

I had 2 C-sects with the bikini-line incisions. I have lots of stretch marks and saggy flappy skin and I'm still 50 pounds from goal. Yuck and double yuck.

My fill doc said he'd do my TT when I hit 160. He offered this without my asking so it's obvious I'm not the only one who can look at my belly and see the need. :rolleyes:

I did wear a tucked in shirt the other day though. The pants were soft cotton with a little bit of stretch...basically nice sweat pants with a wide waist band and boot cut (?) legs. They are snug but not tight. I had no business walking around like that. The smile is visible, for sure. I can't stand it!!! I'm sure my belly will flatten out some as I lose more, but I think the TT is unavoidable.

Like I said before my daughter has now been approved (3 years out from gastric bypass) for Tummy Tuck and breast life. How she knows her way around the medical system so well I have no clue, but the girl can seem to get anything done. The tummy tuck should be standard, so people will feel really good about losing all that weight and not having it just hanging....but how she got the breast implants and lifts approved I'm never going to know.

I have found a way to have my TT covered by my insurance. I have had 3 c-sections and now my scar hurts/pulls, so I am eligible for a "scar revision" AKA Tummy Tuck. I have found a plastic surgeon that will do it at a hospital that will participate with my new insurance (NO deductibles- no co-pays when done at a participating facility~!!).

Jill, my daughter is tricare and they have agreed to extensive plastic surgery..a one time surgery as you said, but she is getting everything done, from her tummy, to her goblet neck, to Lipo in her thighs. I think every insurance ought to offer at the very least removal of the sagging skin. I think my kid is going to look like a movie star. If she could get away with it she would stick a nose job in there too, and it won't surprise me a bit if she does :rolleyes:

I haven't had a c-section, but I had kidney surgery when I was 15 months old. Cut from hip to hip. As you can probably imagine, it wouldn't have been a large scar at that age, but as I've grown, so has it. It still stretches from hip to hip. I've never in my life had a flat tummy.

So alas, I have the 'overhang' .. bleh. Going for a tt next year, as well as a breast reduction. Can't wait!! hehe.

I think I'll just hang out with you all!

2 c sections, a lap chole, and now lap banding... my tummy has been traumatized! I'm getting sparks of thought about that scar revision business though... mine pulls too, is painful and has even had a small cyst pop up on it from the pulling... perhaps I should be talking to my pcp about this... hmmmm verrrrry interesting indeed.