Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did something very naughty, paid for it BIG time

But in our little motorhome there are not many places to go to slime in peace.

So, I am hanging over the sink, letting it run out of my mouth, as I usually do, waiting for the offending item to decide if it would like to go down or come back up.

Well, I had a string of slime running from my mouth to the sink. You know that thick gooey kind that you can't break? It had some air bubbles running along it, slowly sinking down.

DH walks by and says, "oh, look how pretty, it looks like a pearl necklace!"

Yeah, never bust out laughing with a mouthful of slime! What a mess!

"Slime in peace!" LOL

No kidding!

It's the weirdest thing.

I feel like an alien from the Siguorney Weaver films.

Just dripping and oozing...like some rabid animal.

So last night, I'm salivating hard...not quite up to sliming

and I stop swallowing it because it's making everything worse.

So MY DH brings me an empty Water bottle to spit in...

cuz he's thoughtful that way.

I'm like, "Dude, I'm good with my bowl here."

(I don't actually call him dude)

But he insists that "this way is easier" and

probably more attractive than spitting into a bowl.

Oh, it's great...til I knock it over onto the carpet.

(Saliva, saliva everywhere and not a drop to drink.)

No, but here's the best part of my mini horror movie...

I went to expel the saliva that built up in my tummy...it's painful now.

I bend over the toilet and out it comes...PLOPPING into the water...splashing it in my face.

So when I learn lessons the HARD way...I ain't kidding around, folks.

BAH!!

:thumbup:

BTW...had an unfil today...everything is super duper.

"Slime in peace!" LOL

No kidding!

It's the weirdest thing.

I feel like an alien from the Siguorney Weaver films.

Just dripping and oozing...like some rabid animal.

So last night, I'm salivating hard...not quite up to sliming

and I stop swallowing it because it's making everything worse.

So MY DH brings me an empty Water bottle to spit in...

cuz he's thoughtful that way.

I'm like, "Dude, I'm good with my bowl here."

(I don't actually call him dude)

But he insists that "this way is easier" and

probably more attractive than spitting into a bowl.

Oh, it's great...til I knock it over onto the carpet.

(Saliva, saliva everywhere and not a drop to drink.)

No, but here's the best part of my mini horror movie...

I went to expel the saliva that built up in my tummy...it's painful now.

I bend over the toilet and out it comes...PLOPPING into the water...splashing it in my face.

So when I learn lessons the HARD way...I ain't kidding around, folks.

BAH!!

BTW...had an unfil today...everything is super duper.

OMG!! I am laughing WITH you here! There's no swallowing it for me, no way, not gonna happen.

I did the plop into the toilet with the splash into the eye thing!

Only mine, it was a PUBLIC TOILET!!

Yeah, that was awesome!! I was rinsing my eyes for about 5 minutes.

That was after getting stuck on fish. I am not much of fish fan anyway (except sushi--go figure), so it just made it all the more special.

DH and I were at a local pub. I had just been telling him how I could not understand how so many people get stuck on fish, it is so soft.

Then I get that far away look in my eye..he says, "do you now know how they get stuck on fish?"

"Darn you! Excuse me!"....Good times!

Then I had the unexpected PB where I was sliming into my paper towel. Thought all was well, then I burped and out came all the slime and the food with such force it hit the paper towel and shot back all over my face!

Talk about the Alien movie! I was pulling goo off my face for 10 minutes.

I was wondering about whay BetseyB said that some pills that use to go down before are no longer going down anymore. I do not have any restriction yet I am on my 3rd fill with 5.5cc. So what do you do to not have a stuck episode. I have quite a bit of medicine I have to take Blood Pressure, Diabetes and Cholesterol pills none of them are extended release so do just break them in half or do you have to crush them to get them to pass through the band? I would like to avoid as many stuck episodes I can. Lisa

OMG!! I am laughing WITH you here! There's no swallowing it for me, no way, not gonna happen.

Only mine, it was a PUBLIC TOILET!!

Yeah, that was awesome!! I was rinsing my eyes for about 5 minutes.

That was after getting stuck on fish. I am not much of fish fan anyway (except sushi--go figure), so it just made it all the more special.

DH and I were at a local pub. I had just been telling him how I could not understand how so many people get stuck on fish, it is so soft.

Then I get that far away look in my eye..he says, "do you now know how they get stuck on fish?"

"Darn you! Excuse me!"....Good times!

Then I had the unexpected PB where I was sliming into my paper towel. Thought all was well, then I burped and out came all the slime and the food with such force it hit the paper towel and shot back all over my face!

Talk about the Alien movie! I was pulling goo off my face for 10 minutes.

OMG!

You win, you win!!

I'm laughing sooo hard (with you, not at you!).

If anyone is curious...this is what sliming looks like.

Exept without the ridiculous grin.

:ohmy:

I would like to contribute a handy suggestion from the south. The guys here who dip tobacco get a disposable cup (preferably not see through) and put a couple of paper towels in it. This way if you knock it over it doesn't spill. This is what I use, my husband really enjoys this because he knows I have a MAJOR problem with spitting (OK its more of a complex). Its so gross but the alternative is worse! If only my Grandmother could see me now!

I was wondering about whay BetseyB said that some pills that use to go down before are no longer going down anymore. I do not have any restriction yet I am on my 3rd fill with 5.5cc. So what do you do to not have a stuck episode. I have quite a bit of medicine I have to take Blood Pressure, Diabetes and Cholesterol pills none of them are extended release so do just break them in half or do you have to crush them to get them to pass through the band? I would like to avoid as many stuck episodes I can. Lisa

Yes, break them or crush them.

I took my meds today after breaking them in halves and quarters.

I think more often than naught, IF you get stuck on anything,

it will be food that has not been chewed properly.

I would like to contribute a handy suggestion from the south. The guys here who dip tobacco get a disposable cup (preferably not see through) and put a couple of paper towels in it. This way if you knock it over it doesn't spill. This is what I use, my husband really enjoys this because he knows I have a MAJOR problem with spitting (OK its more of a complex). Its so gross but the alternative is worse! If only my Grandmother could see me now!

Yes, that is a good idea.

AFTER the spill (and a little cursing),

DH shoved a paper towel into it.

Worked like a charm!

Yuck!

LOL! I've so been there before, pretty nasty even if it is your own toilet. ha.

THAT is a great idea, Leigha! Now you tell me!! hee hee!

I usually hold a towel or a paper towel. The paper ones don't absorb enough and can chafe the skin during a long episode.

As to pills...I was able to come off of blood pressure and cholesterol meds at surgery time, yay!

I've only had a couple of pills get stuck. You can crush them if not extended release. And if they are extended release, you can ask your doc to change you to regular that you can crush.

I understand that applesauce is not the best thing to mix the crushed stuff with. Yogurt is better I have read.

If you swallow them with as big a drink of Water that you can, it will help.

Lisa, to minimize stuck episodes, eat slowly, take small bites, and chew very well. There is no guarantee, but most of my stuck episodes have been pilot error. After 20 years of 30 minute lunch breaks, I was in the habit of eating very quickly. It was hard for me to adjust to eating slowly. I do much better now, but it was not easy.

Also, don't let yourself get too hungry, that is when I tend to take too big of a bite or I don't chew well enough. I am also more tempted to make poor choices then.

I believe that sometimes you get stuck with no help from yourself, but you can do a lot to have fewer episodes.

wow what a horrable exsperiance.. im no where close to getting my 1st fill but now i know what to look forward to lol.. im really gonna miss the days i could just take a big bite!!!

wow what a horrable exsperiance.. im no where close to getting my 1st fill but now i know what to look forward to lol.. im really gonna miss the days i could just take a big bite!!!

Forewarned is forearmed!

You are doing well by reading here and learning all you can about what to expect. Take it nice and slow. Experience has been a good teacher for me. I learn by doing, ouch!

I rarely get stuck these days.

:redface: WOW! 16 years later and some things never change! I CAN TOTALLY RELATE! scrambling through the car to grab a bag, ANY BAG, anything!!! The saliva & Heart attack feeling.

I was weaned off chicken LONG ago! :confused: My naughty treat I paid for Big Time? A piece of shrimp. It wouldn't come up and wouldn't go down for almost 12 hours. 1 more hour & I was headed to the hospital to get a tube stuck in my stomach to retrieve it. (Do they still do that?) My stomach was so swollen and injured that, for the next 2 days I was on a liquid diet!

But the great thing is. YOU LEARNED!!!

My biggest advice. Don't wait until you are hungry to eat. I eat 6-8 times a day, but I max out at 2-3 ounces at a time. If I wait until I am famished, I eat way too fast and usually have to start all over again. :thumbup:

I had a few days of thinking I was too tight, I felt like a freaking bulimic!! I went to my daughters house and told her I was too tight. (She has been banded two years longer than I have) She told me about something she read in one of her forums. She said the first two bites are the most important. If you make sure those two bites are chewed until they are the consistancy of liquid, the rest will go down much easier. I decided to try it. Lo and behold, it fixed the problem. I no longer think I am too tight. Education is the key to everything......

i find it hard sometimes to sit and eat at the same time...a had the band before and had to have it removed bc of complications and just had it put back in. i would vomit all the time, even if there wasn't anything to throw up. it sounds gross, but i used to have a spit up bottle in my car bc i never know if a drink would come up and when ur driving and have nowhere to pull over, it sucks and can be messy. food that is also lubricated/juicy (sounds dirty..lol) does go down easier. i find chicken can be to dry on the inside and will get stuck. after you get stuck definately go to hot broth and tea for a day and then liquids the next and so on.. hope that helps

LOL, I have been there and done exactly that!

OMG!!! After reading this thread, y'all have me terrified about getting banded! I am a very fast east eater and take big ole bites of food... maybe it's time to start chewing more when it's way way wayyyyyy before I get the band....:smile: