Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Thank you for your help. I never thought about irritating the band and being swollen. I have moved and am looking into a new Dr. now. I appreciate your help and will try going back to liquids for a few days. Thanks again.

LFW,

I would take smaller bites, chew well and then wait after you swallow to make sure it's not going to be an issue. I wouldn't think at 2.5cc you're overfilled, but we're all different. If you've been getting stuck every day it could be that you've irritated the band area and it's swollen. Maybe try first to be easy on your band for a week? Then see how you are. Have you talked with your doctor about this? If so, what'd he/she say?

Melody

Denise, So strange you mention your eye twitch. My left eyelid has been twitching for about a week and is driving me crazy! Several months ago I went and had my eyes checked because I have been having trouble reading small print. I used to be able to read the fine print on anything and now I can't. They said I do not need glasses. They told me to go get the weakest strength of "readers" and put them on whenever I need to read fine print, then take them off. Well, I have been using them when I work on this quilt I'm trying to finish. It gives me a headache and I think that is what is making my eye twitch. We may be getting health insurance (includes vision) through my husband's job, so I think I will get my eyes checked when we get cards.

Crystl, it is my left eye as well! I had LASIK several years ago and am needing readers now for the small print as well. My left eye is weaker than my right. I had lazy eye as a child. I figure it is a combo of strain and stress. But it is making me nuts! I am thinking of making an appointment with the doctor who did my LASIK. I can get a refraction on my insurance, but I think the ophthalmologist would be a good idea.

We took MIL to the doctor today, he did not have much to say, other than it is a fine balance of medications when you have multiple issues of congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, and kidney failure. She's 30 lbs heavier than she was in September. All in the legs. All Water weight.

Ah the joys! This is the third parent to be gravely ill during the Christmas season for us.

Well, I called my surgeon today and go see her on Thursday.

About two weeks ago I thought I pulled a muscle in my stomach. It hurts to the left and a bit lower than my port. Well, I realized this weekend that it was hurting, even without doing anything. I am not constipated/nauseous/feverish/diarrhea etc.

I am worried. In May, I had a very similar pain on the right side, that I tolerated for a few weeks until I was so sick that I ended up needing emergency surgery. I had an incisional hernia that I didn't know about and it ended up incarcerated. The surgery was complicated by the development of three intra-abdominal abscesses.....and I spent most of the month of May in the hospital.

I am probably over reacting given this history, but I am going in to be evaluated anyways.

I just wanted to share....

I am due for a fill next Weds---maybe they will give it to me early if I check out okay. Trying to look at a positive :huh:

New to the thread here!

Weight loss has been slow but I have a second fill on Thursday.

I was bad this week because my son is going to Kuwait for a year and leaving in the morning. Well, I havent been bad because he is leaving, but because of the emotions. I have given myself a few days of wine and chocolate to get used to him being deployed. Then it is back to the straight and narrow.

In January I am flying to California to visit my other son. I figure we need bonding time while the other son is out of the country. Probably go wine tasting (is there a theme here) and to San Francisco to take a boat to Alcatraz. I have been many times, but my son hasnt.

Glad I found y'all.

Welcome to the thread new people.

I think I would be on wine & chocolate if my child was off to Kuwait too. Pamper yourself for a few days and then get back on the straight and narrow.

Yes I now have email notifications back with a vengeance. It seems with this new format you either get one for every post on the thread or none (delayed doesn't seem to work). Previously I would get 1 or 2 per thread until i visited it again! Still can't see what a thread is about without clicking into it or see a page with only new threads on. Looks like I will save lots of time though as I don't think I will bother trawling the site for new stuff unless I'm really bored - I will just try to check on on this thread frequently.

I know how you feel with the glasses. i have ale=ways had the best eyesight up until about 2 years ago. then I needed longer arms or had to use readers for closeup stuff. I know have prescription reading glasses and am using them more and more. If they are not on my face they are on top of my head(bad I know but multifocals cost too much). It is a pain taking them on and off all day long. Now even with them I struggle to thread my sewing machine or read the nutritional info on food. i swear they keep making the print smaller.

i so hate getting old!

Denise: So, in spite of having Lasik, you still need glasses again? I've become so nearsighted that I've seriously considered it. Even with my prescription reading glasses, I have to take out a magnifying glass. :blink:

Jackie: No such thing as overreacting. Hope everything checks out ok.

Bay: My son is in Afghanistan (left 2 months ago) for the next year. This is his second deployment...and won't be his last since he's decided to go career. Only 15 more years until he can retire. I get through it with the Zen philosophy of 'living in the now'...not looking back because we can't change it...not worrying about the future because it isn't here yet and what we worry about may never come to pass. Looks better on my scale. ;)

Elcee: Come sit by me (so we can see each other better ). I have the same problem with my eyes. I now have one of those magnifying glasses that you can wear around your neck...and I still have to wear my glasses with it!

Melody

Hello world!!! I'm fine, just busy. My brother is home from Afghanistan for 2 weeks so we've been hanging out at my parents a lot doing the family thing. He actually looks great and seems to be doing very well. It is nice to have the brat home again. I go in Thursday for my first refill since the big unfill a month ago...I haven't confessed this to anyone but I've gained 10 freaking pounds in a month, actually 13 but got 3 off. I've NEVER gained since getting Steve and am so irritated with myself....I have a million excuses, holidays, cold outside, blah blah blah...but essentially I could eat and I liked it so I did eat and well, eat some more....Bleh, next week is my 1 year anniversary! While I'm still thrilled with how well I've done and where I am, I'm irritated that I got back over the 200 pound mark and have to get back down again. That said, Steve is behaving beautifully. In fact, sometimes I think he may have taken a fishing trip and be off on vacation somewhere!

I am...dating? I've reconnected with an old boyfriend whom I've been friend with forever...we've always remained great friends but just always seemed to have bad timing and then boom, things just sorta seem to be working out. It's still young but he is a lovely lovely boy and we are enjoying getting to know eachother again...and I think, one of the best parts about it, is that he adored me when I was 300 pounds...not that he's not appreciative of the new Christie but it's nice to know he loves the other me as well. Does that sound weird????

Anyway! Welcome new folks! This is the one and only thread I keep up with, no spamming, always supportive, a little nutty...Just like family!!!

Christie,

Loved reading your update! Good for you for taking 3 of that off again, but stay focused and get the other 10 off! We all know how easily that 10 can turn into 20 and then 30 in a lot less time than it took to take it off! :blink:

Melody

Good morning everyone...

I'm having sort of a 'eh' kind of morning. Could be it's just that time of year and knowing I won't get to share the holiday season with either of my oldest sons for the very first time...a 'first' I wouldn't have minded missing. One is married and living in Florida and it's our turn to go there but circumstances dictate that it's wiser to stay home this year. My daughter-in-law's mom died this past July, quite unexpectedly (blood clot after surgery on her knee) at the age of 49 so we thought it would be best to let her and her dad and sister have their first Christmas together. I think it's going to be a rough one for them. A first they could probably do without. The other son is in Afghanistan, although (thank heaven for small mercies) he's in the Signal Corps and they usually don't let him get too far from the base...heaven forbid the computers or phones should go down and he's not there to get his guys right on it.

It could also be that I'm up 2 pounds this morning (canceling out the 2 lbs I was down yesterday morning) but I'm feeling sort of Water logged and trying to figure out what the heck I ate last night that is making me hold so much water. I guess that's the silver lining...it is just water and I know it.

Could be that, in the past, my holidays involved a lot of baking...and I just can't do it this year. I *know* that if I do, I won't be able to resist the temptation and, with the scales going in the right direction, I just don't want to do anything that will screw it all up.

Hmmm...reading through this, I'm now wondering if I'm not dealing with just a bit of depression here. It might also explain why I'm going to bed 2-3 hours earlier and waking up (except for one or two nights) an hour or so later than normal and still not feeling rested *and* having vivid dreams. Not bad ones, but emotionally exhausting ones.

Maybe I'll go exhaust myself on the Wii. As much as I hate to admit it, I've gotten to the point where physical exertion actually feels good after the first 10 minutes. :P

Ok...have a good one y'all.

Melody

Melody, I think you have the same problem as me, you need something to mother on. Your sons are doing their own thing (mine too), you lost Sophie this year and I don't think Belize would accept much "mothering". I'm going to look at a puppy in a couple of hours that I can take back and forth to work with me, a lap dog.

Christie, Recent pounds are the easiest to get off, they haven't had time to get really attached so I'm sure as soon as the holidays are over you will be back to normal. I have been eating too much also, well thats not really true, I have been eating crap too much but OK portions and drinking egg nog!

Well I got to go to work, so I didn't get to everyone but I want to say hi to the new people!

Leigha,

You're probably right about the 'mothering' but I refuse to have any more children and my husband...well, let's just say if I really did bring another dog home, life would not be pretty. :blink:

I just told my husband that I am probably going to Houston (4 hour drive) on Sunday to look at a Havanese puppy which is code for "I am going to Houston Sunday to buy a puppy". :D

Leigha,

Get in your car right now and head to Colleyville!!

The xmas party starts at 7 and I was hoping to meet you there.

Okay....went to see the surgeon about the pain I have been having.

good news.....I don't have a hernia and the pain isn't related to the band. Need to see PCP for a work up but at least my band is good.

good news....down 6 more pounds :bananajump:

good news....got a fill today too....up to 4 cc now.:thumbup:

So...I think it has been a 5 star day today!

Jackie