Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Melody, I feel like we should all break into "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing" looking at the little Charlie Brown tree, it is darling!!

Yes, DH is a very good man. I think I'll keep him for at least another 20 years.

Yay - I found the thread again! Will have to read the latest news later when I get home from work .

I am so not liking the changes to this website. It is a PITA to find your way around, slow etc. On the plus side it may have cured me to my addiction and I may now find time to do other things instead of spending hours here.

Hi everyone~~I finally got up the courage to jump into this thread :lol: as it was pretty overwhelming!

It will take me several months to read back through the 103 pages of posts LOL.

I just want to say that I appreciate all the positive energy that you all bring to the boards. Even the negative nellies out there---make me realize that I am doing pretty damn good.

So far, my band journey has been uneventful. I am slowly losing weight and have no real pre-conceived goal in mind other than wanting to be in onederland. Beyond that, I will see how I feel and how I look and go from there.

I did notice today, that I was able to move around and do stuff that pre-band would have been a challenge. (I live in Maine and had to put down the winter rugs in the entryway---I had to cut it to fit and was lifting and bending). It is amazing how losing just about 40 lbs has improved my mobility and how much better my knees and hips feel.

Bob: Glad to hear from you. Without that extra weight in front, be careful you don't tip over backwards while your body is recentering its gravity. :lol:

@Melody - Don't laugh. I have been warned quite a few times by my surgeons and their staff about balance issues with the center of gravity change. As it is though, I am walking around hunched over anyways. They do the surgery with your body on an angle. So, as you heal and start to stand straight it tightens up.

@Leigha - good for you! Even a day makes a difference with Water. The mold and mildew take over fast if Water damage isn't dealt with immediately. I'd like to think that none of my neighbors would hesitate for a second to do the same for me.

@Denise - It was not even 7 pounds. I was surprised but not disappointed. I don't really care about the weight. I just want clothes to fit right at this point. I actually weighed 8 pounds more when I got home from the hospital than I did when I checked in. I hadn't had water or food in 8 hours prior and now I have swelling; drains and a pain pump. I won't be able to get an accurate weight reading for a couple of weeks but I am positive I will be in Onederland!!

@Jackie - Welcome aboard. You bet 40 pounds makes a difference! My feet started feeling better after the first 10 even.

@Elcee - we are all old farts and hate change. You'll get over it :P

I 'll have to go back and read a few pages before I can comment on any of the other drama I've missed :)

MaineJackie, welcome! Glad to have you join our group. 40 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. Great work!

Bob, 7 lbs of skin and other tissue is a lot. Glad to hear you are recovering.

If anybody asks, I hate computers! I store my itunes on an external hard drive. Just tried to open it and no go. Sheesh..now trying to fix that. Ugh..

And SIL is dropping heavy hints that she wants me to fix her computer. I played stupid.

Good Evening! I am here...just been quiet. I am waiting for the 16th to get here to see if my band is yet again still ok. Lots of crap going on with school orientations and DH possibly switching jobs and baking and Christmas Cards and shopping and blah!!! Did I mention before I hate my job right now and can't wait to be done with school?? lol I've just been a bundle of nerves. DH took me wine tasting yesterday :lol: Oh and better yet...I ordered his present online on 11/20. It still has not shipped yet! I've called numerous times and keep hearing that I SHOULD have it by Christmas but they can't tell me when (they have not charged me yet). I want to reach through the phone and kill someone! It was something (a new camera) that I could've gone to the store (Ritz Camera) and bought for the exact same price, but the store is about an hour away and they were offering free shipping online, so I thought hmm I'll save myself the hassle. HAHA.

Jackie-WELCOME! 40lbs is a great accomplishment! Good for you!!

Leigha-You are awesome! I hate grumpy old men.

Melody-Love the tree. Congrats on the scale finally moving. We all know that previous it was not from lack of trying!

Denise-Hope that the MIL situation goes smoothly. Sometimes it is hard to step back, but sometimes it is for the best.

Bob-WELCOME BACK! Can't wait to see pics (preferebly not in the "budgie smuggler" I believe Elcee calls it)! Did they make you have an unfill before the surgery?

I almost forgot to add...not only is Dec 16th the big day I find out (again) if I can keep my band...but it is also my 1 year BANDIVERSARY!!! I really wanted to be down 100lbs, but with all the problems and unfills I've had, I will take the 78.

Thanks Bob, I know I'm an old fart but I'm not opposed to change if it is for the better. In this instance it doesn't appear to be. I managed to get a few email notifications and now they seem to have stopped again. I got none for any of the posts made after my last one on this thread.

Glad everyones husband issue are in the process of being resolved. Mine drives me nuts sometimes but on the whole he's pretty amazing. I mean he does do all the gardening, washes dishes every night, hangs up washing , cooks sometimes and even tries his hand out at the odd repair. I'd better not complain too much.

Leigha I love your hair. Dark is so much more practical than blonde. You can dye it yourself at home for far less than the blonde costs to upkeep at the salon. I went dark for winter and am enjoying it so much that I haven't gone back to blonde .

Stacie I am sure the fact the you find out on your bandiversary is a positive omen. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Leigha I think you did the right thing. I tend to verge on the edge of being a nosy neighbour. Example one day last week i could see some dog chasing my neighbours sheep so i had to track down her no to let her know. I was then worried in case it was my other neighbours dog(it was) that i then rushed over to let him know too.

Bob as soon as the welling goes down we need to see new pics. I am sure that you must be looking and feeling amazing.

I worked today (I'm casual). Had to teach a bunch of feral(wild as in feral animal) teenagers. I have so much sympathy for full time teachers. Kids are so out of control these days and they are not allowed to discipline them effectively. There were only 8 students but they felt like 50. I was totally knackered when I got home. My son is away on a school trip to the Gold Coast, they are visitig all the theme parks . My daughter comes home from uni to live(and look for a real job) at the weekend.That's about it on the home front. Other than the fact we are still a having major rain and floods. So many of my trees and plants are dying and I am sure that it is from too much Water. It is so frustrating.

Going to keep my fingers crossed that I get email responses back again. If not I may just give up as it's all too hard. Facebook is so much easier.

I love Mondays, my official weigh day, now that the scale is once again moving in the right direction. I'm still 219 as of this morning, but I'm thrilled! It means I'm officially headed in the right direction. I actually didn't expect it to move this morning since I did just drop about 10 pounds in a couple weeks. Not that I'll complain if it wants to take another big dip downwards.

I'm kind of bummed this morning because my family has been posting about the 4" of snow they got overnight and how they're expecting 3" more. Normally, we're west of them by about 5 hours and get the same weather just a day earlier. Looking out at my NON-snow covered lawn, it's apparent that I was gyped!! Where's my snow?!:angry:

Denise: I like that...a 20 year renewal only. My husband and I celebrated our 20th last June and I told him it was successful enough to renew for at least another 20...but, of course, there's always the fine print.

Elcee: I don't care for the forum changes either. It still seems really clunky and I especially don't like the fact that I can't get a preview of what a thread is about by mousing over the title of the thread. I don't worry about getting notifications. I just pop in to at least this thread every day.

Jackie: Welcome! Yes it is amazing what we can do when we take off even 40 pounds. 40 pounds ago, if I got down on my knees to look under the bed, there was a serious question of whether I'd be able to lift myself to a standing position again. Now, I do it without a thought.

Stacie: Can't you just cancel that order, since they haven't charged it, and go buy it at the store? If they haven't shipped it yet, who knows whether they'll ship it in time at this point. I am so hoping your band is ok!! Good vibes for the 16th!

Melody

Welcome Jackie!!!!

40lbs is alot and does make a huge difference so kudos to you!!!!!:D

Anyway, I am doing good but been in pain all weekend--severe Constipation ( I know TMI but there is really no TMI on LBT is there?) The pain is better, but I am still so uncomfortable that I do not feel like even eating. I have a prescription for Miralax that I took--I am going to take a little extra--I need the flood gates to open.

Anyway, DH and I were are all squared away. Really it is the stress of taking care of my mom--he is a good man as he babysit's his MIL all day long until one of us comes so he can go to work and/or be relieved--he has seen her butt more than mine he jokes--ugh!;)

Stacie--hope all goes well!!!

Melody--glad the scale is being a gentleman or a lady!!!!

Bob--um, please warn us if you do the g-string thing!

Bob--um, please warn us if you do the g-string thing!

No way!! That would take the shock factor out of it and that's the best part.

Shad, Milk of Magnesia works really well, too. Your DH sounds like a keeper.

Elcee, do you maybe have delayed notifications set? It says something about not notifying you until your next visit or something.

Well, I am off for a work trip for three days tomorrow. DH is going with me, so I guess the SILs will need to handle things at home. I am hoping we can de-stress a bit. I have this twitch in my eye that is driving me crazy! Been there for over two weeks now! Criminey. I've been having heartburn lately. I figure it is the stress making the band tighter. What fun.

Melody, sounds like things are cruising along OK for you. DH and I hit 20 years last July. Each year we re-up for another year. Last year we decided on a conditional 20, to be re-evaluated each ear. So, basically the same thing as always. laugh.gif

Bob, how ya feeling?

Staci, pulling for you to make it through!!

I

It's been a quiet couple of days here but I think I've come to the conclusion that I need that last .25cc (put in 3 weeks ago) back out. I'm PBing and sliming on an almost daily basis and I think my lack of weight loss is due to just not eating enough calories. I looked over my journal for the last few weeks and even with my Protein Shakes, I'm lucky to get in 1000 calories a day because at some point in my two solid meals, I get stuck and that's all she wrote as far as eating. Lately, I get stuck with the first bite. It's possible I'm just swollen from all the stuck episodes.

At any rate, I'm going to give them a call and see about getting that last fill taken out.

Oops...my beeper just went off to remind me to check my bread dough so this will be a short one. Take care and have a good weekend!

I

I Have had a lot of the same problem. Never considered I may be too filled. I've had my lapband since Jan.,2010 and have only had 2 fills. The sliming is driving me nuts. I have lost about 60 lbs. I have a 10cc band and only have 2.5 in. Do you think too full or need to go back to liquids AGAIN?

I Have had a lot of the same problem. Never considered I may be too filled. I've had my lapband since Jan.,2010 and have only had 2 fills. The sliming is driving me nuts. I have lost about 60 lbs. I have a 10cc band and only have 2.5 in. Do you think too full or need to go back to liquids AGAIN?

LFW,

I would take smaller bites, chew well and then wait after you swallow to make sure it's not going to be an issue. I wouldn't think at 2.5cc you're overfilled, but we're all different. If you've been getting stuck every day it could be that you've irritated the band area and it's swollen. Maybe try first to be easy on your band for a week? Then see how you are. Have you talked with your doctor about this? If so, what'd he/she say?

Melody