Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Crystl, you did better than I could not asking him for feedback. Husbands are mysterious characters, they are. 91 Pounds!!! Good for you!

Ok, I'll admit it. I AM A CLOTHES HOARDER! Maybe I just have too much storage space. The closet and drawer shopping has been great, but geez the clothes ........ This morning I pulled out a tropical print shirt I made myself (black/purple) and there was a pair of black pants on the hanger under the shirt with the tag still on them! I never wore the shirt because I gained weight right after I finished it. They both fit!

I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around my size. Yesterday I pulled a shirt out of the closet and spent the time to Iron it only to find out it was way too big when I put it on. I am going to have to try everything on because holding it up and using my brain is not working. I think something will fit in a few months and when I try it on it is big on me. Very strange.

Crystl--Congrats on your husbands comment, and on the 91 lbs. Isn't it funny how sometimes you lose 20 lbs and everything seems the same and then 5 lbs later its all different. I still get my blue jeans out of the closet and hold them up to put my leg in and my brain goes "No way your butt is going to fit in there!" and then it does.

A funny thing happened to me this week, my MIL asked me Wednesday how much I weighed and I said "172" (that is the place where I tried to maintain my weight for years) I'm not sure how long it takes to reshape your brain to match your body.

Woo Hoo!!! I have my insurance approval in my hand- came in today's mail!!! I'm scheduled and everything, but this makes it so real!

I've been losing weight on my own for the last couple of months, and it helps so much to have the band as my goal. I know it will help after surgery just because I know it's there! I've survived months of being hungry, I can survive a while longer until restriction.

And man I'm jammin' doing my walk to music! I got some cardiomix stuff on my iPod, and it does help!

Downer- I got a new scale that is more accurate but weighs four pounds more than my old one. So- I won't be in Onederland by surgery time unless a miracle happens. Oh well. Upper- I am swimming in my current clothes, and need to go closet shopping!

Thanks all of you, for your sharing and support. It helps a lot!

Anne--Just remember to add 4 pounds to your starting weight and so you have still lost the same amount. Don't let the scales minimize your accomplishments. :thumbup:

Okay I am assistant principal and my staff for weeks has been saying look at the school website's picture again--"you really do not look like the same person." Well I finally did because I have always detested the fact that I have to have a picture posted for all to see, so I have not looked at it since last August. Well take a look (I am to the far right):

post-17355-13813809828968_thumb.jpg

And my recent photo-op:

post-17355-13813809829798_thumb.jpg

I went from happy, sad, happy, sad, back to happy/overjoyed. Happy because they were right, sad that I had let myself reach that point, happy that I at least had a cute haircut, sad that at that point I had already lost weight and was not even at my heaviest, happy that by then I was getting my LAP-BAND® and overjoyed because I know my weight loss is here to stay.:thumbup:

post-279859-13813139312422_thumb.jpg

untitled.bmp

Edited by shadst8
typos

Crystl--Congrats on your husbands comment, and on the 91 lbs. Isn't it funny how sometimes you lose 20 lbs and everything seems the same and then 5 lbs later its all different. I still get my blue jeans out of the closet and hold them up to put my leg in and my brain goes "No way your butt is going to fit in there!" and then it does.

A funny thing happened to me this week, my MIL asked me Wednesday how much I weighed and I said "172" (that is the place where I tried to maintain my weight for years) I'm not sure how long it takes to reshape your brain to match your body.

That reminds me of some advice I gave a friend who threw it back in my face last week. I said to her one time "Dare to think thin." She had loss down to 165, but was still shopping plus size when she did not have to like getting 12w instead of going to regular size and she told people she weighed close to 200lbs still when they asked her her weight. I told her that sometimes she thought she had to still think she was really obese or she would get relaxed and gain the weight back. Embrace your new lifestyle that you eat and exercise to live a fuller life. She threw that back at me when I was too scared to get a dress that was too small for me that I want to wear in October for a cruise--I could get it in it but could not zip it all the way. She smile and said to me dare to think thin--you will no doubt lose the weight by then, embrace your lifestyle remember?

So to everyone, "DARE TO THINK THIN"

Congrats Crystl--coming from the spouse, it does seem to mean more

AnneGG--your doing great, ditto what Leigha said!

Edited by shadst8

Have I ever told you guys just how much I love this sight?? And all of you ?? You all make me smile, think, reflect, laugh, hit my head with my palm and say " Oh Yeah! " or " I forgot about that! " ... I find this site invaluable on so many levels and for many many reasons.

Thank you again ... :thumbup:

Jeezle...I've been gone for a week and all this stuff happens!

Welcome to all you Newbies! I am with the group of LOVING the smart ass element being back :thumbup:!

Karen-Glad to here all is well!

Bobbie-YAY you like your job!!

Anne-Congrats!! It is gonna be here so soon!!!

I was on vacation for a week in the Outer Banks. I kept telling my husband to leave me there....but he brought me back home anyways :smile:. It was the best vacation I can remember....and I think I even lost a pound while I was gone :o (I will know for sure tomorrow morning...that's my routine...first thing pee first and weigh naked cause every little bit counts). The beach was so relaxing and we did sooooo much walking. Now I am dreading going back to work on Monday! I have like a 20hr work day coming up on Weds. and I am really not looking forward to it. Have to fly from Pittsburgh to Chicago...work for 10hrs and then fly home in the same day. Yuck. Hubby already says he feels sorry for anyone who gets in my way that day cuz he knows how I get on too little sleep...esp. if I am hungry too :thumbup:. I have my Hematologist appt. on Tues am so I get to see if they want me to do anything for my problems...kinda anxious about that.

To everyone I missed...Sorry it's too hard for my brain to collect the whole weeks worth of posts...maybe the sunshine at the beach fried what was left of it IDK. Glad to see minus the stress that everyone seems to be doing good though! We are AWESOME!!

Have I ever told you guys just how much I love this sight?? And all of you ?? You all make me smile, think, reflect, laugh, hit my head with my palm and say " Oh Yeah! " or " I forgot about that! " ... I find this site invaluable on so many levels and for many many reasons.

Thank you again ... :thumbup:

You complete me..... :smile:

Awww...I think I shed a tear or two D....

Anne, Whoo Hoo! You are so close! It won't be long now to slime!

Shadst8, Oh yes, I can see the change!

Bobbie, awww, that's sweet :thumbup:

Okay, I confess, I got lost in Farmville on FB. I have missed so much that it would be impossible to reply to everyone but really enjoyed reading your posts. I agree with Bobbie that this site is invaluable and each and everyone of you is too. HB 91 pounds is great and my husband tells me all the time how much smaller I look even though I haven't lost as much. I'm down almost 50 pounds, and I'll take it!!! My weight loss is slow because I exercise very little. I need complete knee replacement when I reach 200 lbs. on both knees (one at a time plz...). But last month I lost 8 lbs. with my weigh in with my doctor. He was pleased and did not do an adjustment. I can eat about one cup of food at a sitting and stay full for 4-5 hours at a time. Which is right on course for where I should be. I am very nervous about having my knees done but know that it is necessary. I've heard it is a lengthy recovery. My doctor said my knees will feel better with weight loss but not enough to not do the surgeries. Besides that I continue to farm with Bob and Bobbie and Leigha, garden, read and I love to do puzzles as of late. I just completed Noah's Ark and am now doing a map of OC by a local artist. Well, take care all...I miss you and continue my prayers for all of you (Anne...said a special little prayer for you to get your approval...glad to hear it's official). Love, Dottie

Dottie, I don't get much exercise either. My exercise is usually house work (I have a too big house) & bowling every now and then. Now that the weather is finally warmer I will be getting outside more often. Yesterday we went to Breckinridge CO (ski town) and did a lot of walking. Then we went to a big mall and walked the entire thing. I thought I would have dropped at least a pound, but when I stepped on the scale this morning I was up 2. Oh well, that's how it goes for me the last few months ...... down 1, up 2, down 3 up 2......

Okay had my first stuck/PB episode so I guess I have been initiated into true bandhood! I have read hundreds of post on PBing but oh my goodness, when I it happens to you!!!! It happened at church--good thing because I thought I was going to die and meet my maker, and praying that I would not vomit. I could not breathe and thought oh well they could eat and just go right into my funeral although the apron I had on was not what I planned to wear for that final day. Let me tell you, because I was serving at a luncheon, I broke two band rules that I have followed THAT I WILL NEVER DO AGAIN. One I was trying to eat and still move around instead focusing on the food and sitting and eating (I was still serving and just was going to eat a piece of chicken breast to just get a little Protein until I could sit down and eat). The next rule broken instead of concentrating on chewing, I was talking. The pain that hit me, then shortness of breath--I knew this was bad. I bolted to the bathroom all the way in the back because the other was where the luncheon was going on. Call me Flo Jo, because I made it to the back in seconds!

Now explaining to my husband and sisters what PB ing was harder lol Enough about me-I guess you can tell I have been traumatized lol but in a good way--Lesson learned!

Dottie--glad to hear you are doing well

Crystl--thanks

Bobbie--:thumbup: back at you

Edited by shadst8