Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Hi Ron and Katie! I'm glad you're both here!

Crystl, your name suits you---as does Hummingbird, actually. Do you have a preference?

Denise, yes! From what I gather, the band's tubing can irritate the vagus; I wonder if that's what's going on?! I've heard of people who've had intractible hiccups as a result of this, but that's pretty minor compared to your BP issues....but man, that makes perfect sense. When you get home, I'd give your surgeon a call; he can investigate for you.

Nothing fun on my agenda today--I have to grade quizzes, tests, discussion forums, and final exams.

To increase the excitement, I think I will do laundry, too. Yee-haw!

Oh! In incessant BB blather: I got a 1900 calorie deficit yesterday--with a handful of extra activities. This tells me that on an ordinary day, I won't have any trouble, with my long walks with Truman (which burn far more calories than FitDay tells me--I must be going farther and faster than I thought), reaching my deficit goal.

Too bad my scale doesn't translate that straight to pounds lost. THAT process reminds me of how I get paid for freelance work: I do the hard work. I sweat and struggle and meet impossible deadlines. Then I wait forever for the vendor to pay the development house who pays me....

Yep, that's about how weight comes off my body.

Have a great day, everyone!

Everyone just calls me HB except for Mark. He calls me Crystl (my real name). I told him once and he didn't forget....nice guy even with the smart ass.

Mark:lol::redface::lol:! "Mark" and I started farming on Farmville on the same day, I have like 30K points he has over 300K. But his farm is full so maybe he will be back soon. And by the way, Elfie is there on FB too. I wish you would join us. You don't have to farm or even be in Elfie's mafia if you don't want to.

Betsy--I am with you on the slow loss not adding up like it should, but a 1900 deficit! WOW! That is great. I have been hovering around 900-1200.

I did lose 1 pound plus the "3" real or imagined BB ones. I am getting up the courage now to go run the first day on week 3 of C25K. It involves running for 3 min straight. I'm scared.

Karen--How was your performance yesterday? Was your sore throat gone? Lets have a BB report!

Katie--Glad you feel better, optimism is a great thing, I think attitude is 90% of making the body band work.

Annie--I would save the BB for later in your journey. I think it is for really fine tuning the program. Heck, your already getting a head start on me by exercising this early in your process. I was stubborn and didn't start until a couple of months in.

Anne, each day of the pre-op diet that passes marks a day closer to banding day! You are so close now!

HB, hummingbird, Crystl ........they all work great. Sometimes it bugs poeple that my name is missing the "a", but after 45 yrs. I'm used to it.

Speaking of hummingbirds, They came back here to the city above the clouds! This always marks spring finally being here for me. We get many hummingbirds for spring and summer and other really cool birds. I make sure I feed them to keep them around.

We woke up to snow yesterday morning. The sun melted it pretty quickly, but then it became overcast and rained off and on. We have had snow several times this past week and I am ready for some warmer weather. Today is a sunny day, so I hope to get outside for awhile.

We went bowling again yesterday and my size 14 pants were feeling baggy in the butt! They are a pretty forgiving style/cut, but now it makes me want to go closet shopping and see if there are some tighter ones that may fit soon.

Kids, gotta love 'em. As I have mentioned before, I have an 8 yr. old grandson who is the light of my life.

He and my son lived with me until he was 6, so I am very attached. I still have him at my house several days a week. My son has full sole custody (long story). Well, last friday I went to a "fancy dress up tea party" in my grandson's 2nd grade class. The kids all wore oversized dress up clothes and the parents were encouraged to dress up for the tea party. It was very unorganized and chaoitic, but fun. They served punch and Cookies and each kid introduced the adult that came with them and told something about that adult when they were a kid. Then they moved all the desks to the sides of the room and we all danced to oldies. After we were seated with our Snacks my grandson whispered, "can you eat this stuff?" He doesn't really know the details about my band, but knows I can't eat some things. Anyway, it was a fun time and I hope it is a good memory for him. We danced a lot and the teacher took our picture.

I get my hair highlighted every 11 weeks, but the gal that has done it for years had a shoulder injury, so had me go to a friend of hers this last time. She screwed it up so bad! I'm upset about it and called my gal. She can't fix it until the 28th. Many people have made comments about it. My husband even said something.

This is the guy who still has not commented about my weightloss after 88 pounds! If he says something about my bad hair, it must be pretty bad! Yesterday my grandson said, "is that what they call dirty blonde?, because it only looks a little pink." GRRRR! pink!

I didn't know there were pink Hummingbirds, see you do learn something here everyday!

Fancy dress up tea party sounds so fun. I wish my baby still did stuff like that, I guess I am going to have to wait for the next generation.

NSV ALERT: I can run 3 min. without stopping. More than once! Its not running a 5K but its a start. When I started this 14 days ago, I could barely run for 60 seconds. We have a 5k "turkey trot" on Thanksgiving day, I am thinking about winning it. :)

Hi gals and guys! Leigha thanks for the invite! It's nice to hang out with positive people--Life is too short for the other kind, I think. I'm a teacher and school is over in one week! Yeah! Back to regular exercise! My bandiversay is June 4th--I'd like to see 100 lbs lost to celebrate! My husband says that it's only numbers and don't get too hung up on them--I guess humans are funny that way (I still want to see 100 lbs lost by then--wish me luck!). Last night we went to the movies--first time in a long time--and the best part of the movie (besides watching Russell Crowe) was sitting in the seat and having plenty of room to spare between me and the stranger in the seat next to me--no embarassing overflow! :)

I guess humans are funny that way

Are "you" from somewhere else that you would like to share with us?

Welcome to our crazy camaraderie, willowcat! You're where I want to be next year this time!

Ron, it's good to have a wise-ass around here again!

Leigha, yay for the 3 minute run! I've got a ways to go...

Ron--Didn't you read her profile? She is an elementary teacher, you know they are super-human! Thats how they keep from killing all those kids.

Willowcat--Welcome we're glad your here.

That concerns me! My first wife was a teacher and I married into that whole teaching phenomenon cult world....LMAO

Welcome to our world Willowcat!!

I would love to hit the 100 lb mark in 1 year. At my snail rate lately it's not going to happen. I am just happy the first 75-80 lbs came off fast. I know the rest will happen, just maybe not as fast as I want it to.

btw, I think my hair is more orange. My grandson said it is a little pink. Either way, it's not what I wanted! I had it done on April 30 and have to live with it until May 28.....it sucks.

Got my BB:thumbup:. Between it and finally my second fill on tomorrow, hopefully I can really turn it up a notch!!

So now my BB is calling me a liar! I put in my weight this morning and it recalculated and said "based on measurement" my average calorie intake is 1498 instead of "based on food log" average of 1067. I dont eat anything that isnt weighed or measured. I cook from scratch, mostly on the grill with no oil or fats. If I measure and weigh how could I be off 40%?

Well, I got my tiny .1 fill. We'll see how it goes now.

It will be Soup tonight and slow going tomorrow. I just hope it helps my hunger between meals.

Hey everyone,

thought I would pop in this thread and join in. I am all about being positive. I am so excited about being banded and my loss even though I have tons more to lose.

Yesterday i started a blog to get some of my feelings, fears, and triumphs out there since my husband has no idea what it means to deal with weight.

So come follow me to keep me honest in my journey.

Banded Up

:thumbup:

NSV ALERT: I can run 3 min. without stopping. More than once! Its not running a 5K but its a start. When I started this 14 days ago, I could barely run for 60 seconds. We have a 5k "turkey trot" on Thanksgiving day, I am thinking about winning it. :thumbup:

Congratulations Leigha - I remember when I took my "Learn to Run" clinic, and how scared I was (had never ran even a few steps in my life) But yes, where you have to run 3 minutes without stopping by week 3. The ultimate goal was a 5k run and it was one of the best things I ever did. I was so proud. So good luck to you, you'll love it and it will become addictive.

Well I had my very first NSV today. I haven't worn my wedding and anniversary rings in well, well over a year. And I just couldn't bring myself to have them resized. And today they fit. I was thrilled!! Might even get a manicure to Celebrate.< /p>

Hope everyones week started well, and Bobbie how was day 1 on the new job. I'm so excited for you!!!!

Katie