Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Hey everybody, My berferd pair trees declared it Spring this week! Next the wild wisteria will bloom which smells wonderful. Its sunny and pretty here and I am so excited! I am going to buy a long cord so that I can put a phone on the porch at work and hang out there today, lap top, phone, sunshine, what could be better?

post-281008-13813139182864_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139183331_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139183788_thumb.jpg

Beautiful Leigha!!

Ok, I found the silver lining in being sick......

Dun dun duuuuunnn...

151!!!!!! And that was after coffee, Breakfast, and water!!!

Now if I can keep it off, life is good!

Woohoo!!!!

2 pounds to normal BMI!

Yea, Cocoa! :blushing: I'm so happy for you!

The server was the aunt of my defendant!!

Wowser! I wonder if she recognized me!

Well, you're still here...so maybe not. :blushing:

Another NSV moment...going into your primary doc and not dreading getting on the scale and then hearing her 'gentle' disappointment that I'm still not taking care of my diabetes (read: losing weight) as I should.

My doc is this soft spoken, gentle Indian woman who just makes you feel as if she genuinely cares about you and your health and I love her to death. She's been about for maternity leave since just after my band surgery so she was quite pleased to see I'd lost 35 pounds since my last visit.

Interestingly, her office assistant had a gastric sleeve done the same day I had my band. She's down 100 pounds. You know, I thought the sleeve would be similar to the band since they aren't rerouting your insides around so there's no malabsorption, but she's the 3rd person I've talked to who had the sleeve and who are dealing with major fatigue and immune type illnesses. Wonder if it's because their weight loss is not as gradual since they're not spending months getting to restriction. Dunno...but I'm more than ever glad I went for the band.

I took my son to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's after my doc appointment yesterday and, in the past, we'd split an appetizer, then each do an entree with the all you can eat salad bar. This time I had their appetizer sized lump crab cake and the salad bar even though my salad consisted of this tiny little pile of spring greens with a couple garbanzo Beans and blue cheese dressing. When my crab cake arrived, there was a tiny little pile of spring greens on the plate...the same size as my salad! Shoot, I'll bet they would've let me put a bit of blue cheese dressing on it and I could've saved myself the $2.99 for the salad bar! Making a mental note for next time.

The piles of snow are almost gone here due to the mid-40's temps and last night's rain. My fingers are 'itching' to dig into my gardens but we're still almost 2 1/2 months away from when it's safe to plant anything. I am so seriously thinking of building a greenhouse.

Well, I need to stop in at work this morning and pay some bills and then I have the rest of my 3 day weekend off. I think I'll surprise my little piglet dog and take her for a walk. Now...where'd I put that leash?

IL: By now you'll be gone, but I know you'll probably still find a way to read this thread, so have a great time! All this warm weather has had me soooo wanting to do a road trip to anywhere!

Betsy: You and Mark are in my prayers. I have to agree with you about not isolating one's self from the 'break room'...although I'm finding that eating with others is a bit of a challenge since I sometimes forget and take too big of a bite because I'm too busy concentrating on the conversation instead of my meal. Hopefully, it will one day become habit so I won't have to think about it.

Jens: I remember the days when I'd wander out to my office in my Pj's...but then the business grew too big and I had to get a warehouse. Granted, it's only 5 minutes down the road, but it still means I have to get up, get dressed and go to work just as if it was a 'real' job. My other job involves psychological counseling on a part-time basis at the local prison and, obviously, not something I can do in my own home...nor would want to. :laugh: In any case, finding the motivation to go to work is never a problem. I'm a bit of a workaholic. A few years back, though, I had to do a serious shift in priorities where I would work 'less' so I had more time to spend with my family.

IL: In response to your list, I posted something awhile back about making our mealtimes something we do 'intentionally'. Breakfast is a shake and I have it while posting to the lap band forum...but my lunch and dinner are prepared and laid out at the table with my best china, placemat and candles. I have a beautiful CD of Cello music that I put on in the background which helps me to slow down and savor my meal instead of rushing through it so I can get back to my 'day'. I do this even when I'm eating alone.

Cocoa: They let you have coffee in the jury box? Wonder if they'll rethink this in the future. :blushing: Seriously though, I can relate. Sounds like something I'd do.

CC: I'm sure everything will be fine. Good luck!

Leigha: I am so jealous! Our trees aren't even 'thinking' about blooming.

I know nobody's feelings will be hurt by not being mentioned. If we all commented on *everyone* *everytime*, we'd never get anything accomplished!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning All ! and T.G.I.F !

It has been snowing off and on most of the week here, so no spring blooms in my near future. I do drive to a lower elevation 3 days a week for work where it was not snowing, but it was windy and cold. After sliding down the driveway twice Mon. eve I got new tires after work Tues. It did help. My driveway is about 100ft and kinda steep downhill. If I slide off it would not be good because there is a retaining wall drop-off. I would hit a tree, but may be at least 1/2 way over the wall. yikes!

Elfie, I have thought of a greenhouse too. My growing season is very short here. I'm not sure a greenhouse would even be worth it. I miss growing stuff. My land/house is on the shady side of a hill and I am in pretty thick pines. Some things will not grow at all at this elevation. When I do try to grow something it also has to be shade loving. Then there are the deer. They will just about eat anything. I have found a few things that work. Daffodills, bleeding hearts, rhubarb. When everyone elses daffodills are long gone mine are just starting. The deer leave them alone so I planted many in the fall! I love the natural landscape and there are wildflowers that come up.

I would like to take the time to tell everyone who answered my questions about exercise and calories, Y'all are geniuses! I have already lost the pound I gained and today I lost another one!

I am going to quit bullying my body to lose weight, I always start something and then well if 1000 is good, only eating 500 would be twice as good! Lifting weights is good so lifting every day would be better! But slow and steady wins the race.

Thank you, one and all.

I would like to take the time to tell everyone who answered my questions about exercise and calories, Y'all are geniuses! I have already lost the pound I gained and today I lost another one!

I am going to quit bullying my body to lose weight, I always start something and then well if 1000 is good, only eating 500 would be twice as good! Lifting weights is good so lifting every day would be better! But slow and steady wins the race.

Thank you, one and all.

YEAH, girl! That part I have figured out LOL, so glad to offer that advice, which makes up for all the eating advice you've been giving me!!! Woohoo!

Beautiful Leigha!!

Ok, I found the silver lining in being sick......

Dun dun duuuuunnn...

151!!!!!! And that was after coffee, breakfast, and water!!!

Now if I can keep it off, life is good!

Woohoo!!!!

2 pounds to normal BMI!

YAAY, Cocoa!!!!! You go, girl!!! :frown:

Another NSV moment...going into your primary doc and not dreading getting on the scale and then hearing her 'gentle' disappointment that I'm still not taking care of my diabetes (read: losing weight) as I should.

My doc is this soft spoken, gentle Indian woman who just makes you feel as if she genuinely cares about you and your health and I love her to death. She's been about for maternity leave since just after my band surgery so she was quite pleased to see I'd lost 35 pounds since my last visit.

Interestingly, her office assistant had a gastric sleeve done the same day I had my band. She's down 100 pounds. You know, I thought the sleeve would be similar to the band since they aren't rerouting your insides around so there's no malabsorption, but she's the 3rd person I've talked to who had the sleeve and who are dealing with major fatigue and immune type illnesses. Wonder if it's because their weight loss is not as gradual since they're not spending months getting to restriction. Dunno...but I'm more than ever glad I went for the band.

I took my son to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's after my doc appointment yesterday and, in the past, we'd split an appetizer, then each do an entree with the all you can eat salad bar. This time I had their appetizer sized lump crab cake and the salad bar even though my salad consisted of this tiny little pile of spring greens with a couple garbanzo Beans and blue cheese dressing. When my crab cake arrived, there was a tiny little pile of spring greens on the plate...the same size as my salad! Shoot, I'll bet they would've let me put a bit of blue cheese dressing on it and I could've saved myself the $2.99 for the salad bar! Making a mental note for next time.

The piles of snow are almost gone here due to the mid-40's temps and last night's rain. My fingers are 'itching' to dig into my gardens but we're still almost 2 1/2 months away from when it's safe to plant anything. I am so seriously thinking of building a greenhouse.

Well, I need to stop in at work this morning and pay some bills and then I have the rest of my 3 day weekend off. I think I'll surprise my little piglet dog and take her for a walk. Now...where'd I put that leash?

Elfie-- congrats on the NSV! 35 pounds since your last visit--that's just awesome!!!!

Leigha, yay!!! Woohoo!!!

Ok, I am down to 150! Anyone wanna buy my used tissues??? :frown:

Maybe I should list them on ebay as a weight loss method! I know...groooooooooosssssss!

I have had zero appetite. That is a new experience for me.

I went to the doctor yesterday. I was worried because the gunk coming out of my nose is brown, and my ears are plugged. We are flying out on Sunday. I have a bacterial infection in my sinuses, so he started me on antibiotics. Hopefully they'll kick in by tomorrow and I'll be right as rain by the time we leave.

Just so long as I stay sick long enough to lose one more pound and have a normal BMI! Tee hee!!!

Elfie, glad your doc is happy with your loss! I like not being ashamed to get on the scale at the docs office.

To all you gardeners, grow something for me, ok? I can barely grow a dandelion!

:frown:

Congratulations on your achievement........I can see your smile from across the border!

Happy Friday everyone!!

Elfie, don't feel bad about not mentioning me. I don't care. You just ruined my entire weekend. :frown:

Congrats Leigha!!

I finally hit the 100 pound loss mark this morning and am not excited. I'm happy but not excited. Something is definitely wrong with me.

I think I am afraid if I get excited I will wake up and realize it's just a dream or go out and Celebrate with 25 or 50 boneless wings at Bdubs.

PS. I didn't cheat by getting sick. :frown:

Edited by btrieger

PS. I didn't cheat by getting sick. :frown:

Now that is dirty. I like it!