Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Oh my goodness! TAXES suck!!

I just had 4 hours of my life sucked out of me doing ours and my MIL's. Too many changes this year! DANG!

DH and Butters went camping to leave me to it. I hate it when DH stands over me screaming, "I won't pay!" So I send him off. Usually it takes me an hour and a half and I am done with both. Sheesh.

Ok, whew!

Oh Oh Oh!! I knocked off another lb!!! woohoo! So my goal is to weight what Bobs female dog Seven weighs! His male, B-dubs already has me beat! How fun is that!!! I haven't met very many dogs who weigh more than me before! I saw what was either a Scottish Deerhound of an Irish Wolfhound the other day. Or is it a ScottishWolfhound or and Irish Deerhound? Anyway, it was a huge beasty and so cute! Body way bigger than the animal expected it should be. Just killer.

Where is my dog! He has become the best trainer ever!

HB! Wow, that snow looks so pretty! I haven't the first clue how to drive in it, though!

Elfie, love the poochie! She's a peach. Oh, and next time you are in the mood to clean, head my way, ok? I have a room that really needs the help of a great cleaner/organizer.

Bob, maybe one of your dogs will sit on the cat.

Liz: Well done with the sweet treat. You were able to enjoy it and still not go over your total allowance for the day. That is awesome, not being bad! Yay! that is the way we should use our bands, oooh yeah!!!!

Love hearing about your lives. Here in Brisbane, I'm inside with the air-con going, 32 degrees outside and humid. Snow looks and sounds wonderful. I know it's different when you have it for ages.

I'm heading to Canada, Alaska & USA in June, so I'm even more interested in all you say, and your photos. Just for a holiday.

Barb

I have to do my taxes too and am not looiking forward to it. I think I will have to pay this year. I hate that!

Denise, whoo hoo on the lb!

babsy, a trip sounds so nice! I won't be taking any because I'm still trying to pay for my band. My MIL and SIL will be coming to Colorado at the end of June.

I need to get in the spring cleaning mode like Elfie before they get here. The house is so big I can't keep up. I live on a red dirt road and in thick pines, so the dust and cobwebs have taken over. There are so many little spiders that come with all the trees. When I break out the bug spray they just laugh at me.

Betsy: Whoa...just read the posts on Mark. Lots of prayers and good wishes winging your way.

Jen: Congrats on no 'camel toe' and yes, you did say that. I'm going to giggle all morning over that one.

IllumLady: 14"! Woot! You go, girl. That is an incredible difference! You must feel mah-velous!

Lizzy: Frighteningly, according to the rising number of drivers getting in accidents as a result of talking on cell phones, these moments do not stop when they start driving.

Leigha: Sorry your husband's tired of hearing about your weight loss. Next time he says so, ask him if this isn't better than hearing about your weight *gain*. Besides...you have us and we love to hear about your weight loss!

Ok...page 10...back to reading...

Cocoa: Ok, I am laughing about your stuck episode and husband's response but only because I've 'been there, done that'. It's getting to the point where I just don't want to eat out anymore because I'm never sure what's going to do it next. Congrats on being so close to goal! Wow...how did I miss that?! As for heading your way for the cleaning...my method of organizing involves getting rid of anything I haven't used in the last year. I stick it in a box and put it in the garage...and if nobody misses it for the 2nd year, out it goes...and I don't even open the box up first cuz you know how that will go...back in the house.

BT: LOL on creating blender masterpieces. One of my band books has a bunch of recipes that are quite...ummm...creative. If you get a craving for a cheeseburger, try this one. Take one Wendy's single with cheese and remove the top bun only. Tear/cut the rest up and put in blender. Add beef broth and run until you have a slurry of whatever thickness you like. Voila! Cheeseburger shake! GACK!! These people must honestly think fat people will eat *anything*. Good luck on your 'create-a-shake'.

HB: I used to love bowling, but found at some point that I just couldn't bend enough to get that ball off right because I did worry about splitting my crotch. Guess I just didn't have my priorities right, eh? :thumbup:

All the rest, forgive me if I missed commenting. Soooo many posts!

Ok...off to make my shake and I will be back...

Ahhhh...love my morning shake. It's the one point in my day when I know I won't get stuck, slime or PB. You know, I use to look forward to each meal while eating the current one. Now...I don't look forward to meals at all. I don't dread them, but I don't take the same pleasure out of them that I used to. They're just something I have to do like brush my teeth, take a shower, etc. I *expected* the band to aid me by controlling my portion sizes physically. I had no idea it would do so with psychology. Oh well, whatever works.

I'm feeling pretty good this morning considering I've spent the last 5 days cleaning and rearranging cupboards, washing walls and cleaning carpets. Shhh...don't let anyone know I said the exercise must be making me feel better cuz you know *I* would never admit to any such thing. :thumbup:

However, I can kick back and relax the rest of the week. My husband is in Florida helping my oldest son and wife move into their first new home and I told my 17 year old son that he's on his own this week as far as food. I am not cooking. Fortunately, my little future chef is perfectly capable of managing.

Have a good day everyone!

Hi folks,

I was traveling yesterday, and wasn't on the board - which seems like weeks on this thread. Great catching up with everyone. BTW - I relocated to Lexington, MA from Southern CA (miss the weather, did if for DH), and spending most of my life in NY. We could rename this thread to positive peope love our pets. Will post a picture of my first born Sami, she's a shelter puppy, pointer dalmation mix, 15 years old, losing her hearing, lost sight in 1 eye, has had 2 ACL's repaired, and is full of love, and still going strong...Since Sami we've had 2 (human) babies, 8 year old boy and 10 year old girl. Need to keep counting those blessings.

OK I am on a 10 day plateau and I can't decide what to do. I started working out 3 weeks ago, I am lifting weights for an hour, 5 days a week, then either walking on the treadmill or riding the stationary bike for an hour the other 2 days. (I have my weights at work and I go to the gym on the weekends for the bike/treadmill.) I am eating 700-900 calories a day (other than, I had 3 days in a row last week where I ate 1114, 1042, and 1260). My Protein averages 60-90 g a day. So here is my dilemma, now that I am working out should I eat more? Or am I really losing weight but it doesn't seem like it since I am gaining muscle, and I should keep doing the same and wait it out? (I can see a difference in muscle tone) Or did those 3 days really set me back and I should be patient? Your opinions please. :)

Hey Leigha,

I think you really need to up your caloric intake. It seems as if you are not getting enough to sustain yourself, and you might be going into starvation mode.

Try 1200 calories a day with the exercise plan and see how you do.

And remember, the closer you are to goal, the tougher it becomes...grrr!!!

You are doing fantastic!

Leigha, it sounds like you definitely need to add more calories to compensate for the exercise. I had the same thing happen and I was consuming about 900 calories per day and became so frustrated I didn't know what to do. A few people on the board advised me to up my intake by about 200 calories per day and it really worked! If you are journaling your food on a site like thedailyplate, it will allow you to enter your exercise and will calculate the number of calories burned and deduct from your daily intake and give you the net calories. I think you should net about 900-1000 for good weight loss, which means adding another 200 or 300 calories to your daily intake. It seemed to work for me! I never thought I'd get out of the 180's!!

Hope this helps!

I use Loseit! and last week my net was an average of 798 after exercise calories. Yesterday was 527 net, and today I am up to 433 because I was hungry so I had an unplanned snack of a can of sardines and 6 crackers. This is what started me thinking I was too low because I was hungry.

Hi all,

Went back to work today and it sucked. Nothing different, work always sucks after a week off but it pays the bills and health insurance.

I haven't got fancy yet. I forgot how little time I had to prepare meals because I am on the internet all night :)

6:30 am - 2 dannon yogurts

9:30 am - 3 oz scrambled eggs

12:30 pm - Optifast shake

3:30 pm - Optifast shake

6:30 pm - 1/2 can crush tomatoes; 3 oz mozarella; fennel seed;oregano; garlic powder and italian spices

I threw it together without looking for a recipe. It actually tasted like pizza without the crust.

Gloria, if I had a DW and she said she was going Mass. DW would be XW in a hurry.

Grew up there; spent 5 years in the military and like a complete fool, I moved back there. I finally got out of there 3 years ago and never going back.

I should have left the pukey cat there. :)

It was 76 degrees and sunny in North Texas today!!

Somebody posted earlier that they were going to completely unfill their band every summer in one of the threads today but didn't say why. My curiosity is peaked!

I second the "work sucked today" statement. Our clinic went live with a new computer system last week and it's killing all of us. But this is the positive board so enough of that!

I am currently surrounded by furballs. We have 2 very spoiled cats (good cat and demon cat from hell) whom we love dearly and are currently babysitting my parents puppies. Lily is a black and white cocker (spoiled rotten), and buttons is 1/2 mini-weener and 1/2, err, something? They are both adorable, sweet, well mannered, and spoiled rotten. I'm spending my nights fighting for space in my bed since they all are convinced they are supposed to sleep in bed too...It does stay nice and toasty! We've had a couple gorgeous days in central Arkansas and have got to spend a lot of time outside (my butt is KILLING me from yardwork Sunday...bend and squat, bend and squat, repeat a million times) but now the talk is of thunderstorms and severe weather...I love spring, I love a good storm, but the tornadoes...don't love 'em so much.

Hey Everyone! Gotta go with Bob and Christie, work DID suck today.

Was supposed to get new carpet installed tonight. They did it last night instead. All the dust worked wonders on my already wounded sinuses! Oh woe is me!!

But, I did find a silver lining in being sick. I am down another pound! Oh yeah. Got on the scale this morning. 3 more pounds to a normal BMI!!! YIPPEE!!!

Have a great night everyone!!

I love this thread. Just read it from start to finish, and feel like I know you all.

A bit about me - I'm 52, married for 32yrs, 3 kids aged 29, 27, & 17. One granddaughter aged 6. Youngest 2 still at home. I'm a nurse, work with nursing students.

Humming Bird, I was sneaky. Already planned holiday before deciding to have surgery. Had to pay $6000 for surgery, which includes all follow-up and fills. Private health insurance covered the rest, about $10,000. Probably have to use credit card for 8 wks holiday now, but will work to pay it off. Husband retired, might need to get a job, but he agrees health comes first (and holiday was already booked so he can't back out, Haha). Life's too short to worry. Did want another holiday next year before I retire, but that might have to be postponed. I'll worry about 2011 in 2011.

Unlike you guys, we have a pet that is not adored. It's a dog along the lines of Bob's cat - a terrier that is totally annoying. Can't let him in the house or he'll pee on the only bit of carpet, sneakily, and tears round like a cyclone. He's 9 and no-one but me has any control over him. We've not been lucky with pets. Daughter had a cat which viciously attacked her, and vet suggested euthanasia. Other daughter had a bird which hated her & used to spit at her whenever she entered the room (fine with everyone else). Mice and fish died young, leading to tears. Think this dog might be our last pet.

Today is day 6 for me. Days 3 & 4 were horrible, think I had a tummy bug and couldn't tolerate many fluids. Scared to try a lot of the time. Much better today. Saw my GP, and my BP is normal, without my pills, but that could be dehydration. Anyway, I feel a bit light-headed so won't take them for at least a few days. Back to work on Monday, so will keep an eye on it then.

Off to get another drink.

Hey all of my friends! Some I have already had contact with! Still waiting for my band (May 25) but what do you mean about stalling. I thought when you get the band you lose weight but it still sounds like you have to do alot of exercise to keep it (weight) off? Will I lose weight? My surgeon tells me they guarantee 100 pounds with the band and then the rest is up to me, is this correct? From what I read it sounds like it's hard work from day 1 or is it hard work from day 1 if we cheat?

I really want and need this to work for me as I have alot of money (that I don't necessarily have) along with my heart invested into this working for me. I'm confused as I'm hearing or should I say reading to much but I am adicted to all the positive energy out there!:).