Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Kansas City bandsters???????

Hello everyone in KC. Well since my slight fill on 8/12, I'm doing as I did the last time I got a fill in June. I'm noticing that I start seeing or lets say feeling restriction about a week to a week and a half after the fill. Won't be going back to Hitchcock until 9/9/10 and will see then if I get another fill. Just haven't figured the doctor's logic regarding exceeding the weight loss for my age. Oh, well I'm at 30% of what I want to lose and at 50-70% what all the doctors want me to lose. I guess, they look at it as we age, there is a tendency that we start losing taste and appetites so they want me to have a little meat on my bones. All I do know, I'm losing, don't really try at it just watch the amount I eat and what I eat. And the most important thing is that I feel fantastic and that I trully enjoy.

Hoping all of you in the KC area enjoyed some of the rain we had Friday evening and the somewhat cooler weather that is being predicted this coming week.

Hey everyone, I have a question...I go for my first fill on Wednesday at 10am...my question is do I eat a normal Breakfast that morning or is it better to have something light or nothing at all?? Thanks for the info!

I usually do not eat or drink anything but not for any medical reason. I just want the scale reading as low as possible. LOL:tt2:

[ do I eat a normal breakfast that morning or is it better to have something light or nothing at all?? Thanks for the info!

I've only had two fills, but I took a Protein Shake with me for after.

Hello! I live in Baldwin and work in Olathe. I was banded by Dr. Kowalski at SMMC on 7/28/10. I have lost 32 lbs so far and will be getting my first fill on 9/7/10. I am glad I found this thread!

Welcome, Prairie Dawn. Lots of good info on these boards. Take what works for you and ignore the rest.

You are doing great. Keep on toward your goal.

Welcome Prairie Dawn. I live in Gardner.

I have my second fill today. And I'm so ready to let them know about my lack of restriction. I've been going out of my way to find extra ways of walking. Going early to the bus stop to get an extra lap of the strip mall.

Football starts soon and life will be crazy on the weekends. This leads to going hours without eating and the food options are horrible. I'll work on some options but right now a ready to drink Protein shake is going to be the best option.

I'd like to encourage you all to sign up for the Walk from Obesity event coming up. Dr Malley has a team! Also, Light the night walk is coming up on Sept 24th.

And the Bikers for Babies is looking for volunteers to help on Sept 19th.

As you can tell I love to volunteer. It keeps me busy...sometimes to busy.

I'll check in tonight after my fill...but I don't expect much.

Have a great day!

Quote) Football starts soon and life will be crazy on the weekends. This leads to going hours without eating and the food options are horrible. I'll work on some options but right now a ready to drink Protein shake is going to be the best option.

I'm originally from Jersey, so this will make sense. Years ago my WW lecturer told us never to leave home without a

Falayta Bag. (I won't eat it now. I'll save it "forlater"). I always carry a zone bar or a Protein shot or anything I can eat. It's better than "options" I also use it as my doggie bag when I go out to eat.

Perhaps a solution!!

Jersey

KS_sxychoc-

What kind of RTD protien do you like? I HATE Protein shake thus far and I am looking for other ones to try.

KS_sxychoc-

What kind of RTD protien do you like? I HATE Protein shake thus far and I am looking for other ones to try.

Since I have insulin issues, I've been drinking the

Adkins drinks for a RTD option. I would try the brands that they sell at costco...but I don't like chocolate.

Quote) Football starts soon and life will be crazy on the weekends. This leads to going hours without eating and the food options are horrible. I'll work on some options but right now a ready to drink Protein shake is going to be the best option.

I'm originally from Jersey, so this will make sense. Years ago my WW lecturer told us never to leave home without a

Falayta Bag. (I won't eat it now. I'll save it "forlater"). I always carry a zone bar or a Protein shot or anything I can eat. It's better than "options" I also use it as my doggie bag when I go out to eat.

Perhaps a solution!!

Jersey

I have one week to find Protein Bar that I can actually eat. The only problem I had with them in the past was they try to make them so sweet. But I will look for something that is Peanut Butter based since that is one of the few that I have liked.

Can you add those Protein Shots to gatorade? I hate to eat on the sidelines, but we have plenty of gatorade down there.

I'm don't know anything about any of the Protein powders at local stores as I only use Unjury. Have not tried anything other than Unjury because once I would get something that leaves a bad taste, I'm done. I use Unjury unflavored Protein Powder in quite a few of my flavored drinks. So this might be an option with Gatorade. I also like Crystal Light lemonade with Unjury's strawberry. chocolate or vanilla with my coffee, but the coffee cannot be over 130 degrees or the powder clumps. This could be an alternative for you all.

Edited by oldoneyoungagain
proof

I'm don't know anything about any of the Protein powders at local stores as I only use unjury. Have not tried anything other than Unjury because once I would get something that leaves a bad taste, I'm done. I use Unjury unflavored Protein powder in quite a few of my flavored drinks. So this might be an option with Gatorade. I also like Crystal Light lemonade with Unjury's strawberry. chocolate or Vanilla with my coffee, but the coffee cannot be over 130 degrees or the powder clumps. This could be an alternative for you all.

LOL I tried the Unjury with my coffee...and I didn't know that temperature made such a difference but boy was I in for a surprise when my coffee was clumpy enough to chew....YUCK :thumbup: Lesson learned! :)

Hey there everyone!! It has been a while since I have been on the boards I hope you are all doing well. I had my first fill this last Wednesday (8/25) and it went great! I am glad the first one is over so I know what to expect. I am surprised already how little amount of food fills me up. I need to remember to chew chew chew :). I hope this feeling stays with me until my next appointment. Take care everyone!