Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies

Rubie, I was banded yesterday. I feel worse today than yesterday, but I also switched to liquid Tylenol instead of the pain medicine. I don't like how I feel with that medicine.

I have only had minor pain in my shoulder if at all. I do feel sore all over as if I over did something. I guess I am achy.

I am not hungry at all. I am on Clear Liquids today. I added a Protein shot to my Water and am drinking it.

I can drink as if I wasn't banded. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to drink much but don't feel any kind of restriction.

I hope that you are doing okay. Take it easy.

Deena

Hi all, I've been reading this forum for a few weeks and I finally get to post that I got banded on Monday. I had a horrible Migraine going in to the surgery but my anesthesologist took great care of me and gave me some meds thru my iv that took it away almost instantly. I know the stress and anxiety of my surgery day is what brought it on and I've had no problems with it since. I have 5 incisions, 4 of them are less that an inch and then the port site is about 2 inches and it goes horizontally. Tha's the site that really hurts right now especially when i get up or down out of a chair. But altogether I think I'm doing ok. Had my first protien shake this morning but i know i draink it too fast because i got some bad pressure in my chest. I think going slowly is goning to be my biggest challenge. I have to do what my doc calls "protien based liquids" until next monday and then if i am doing well i can go to purees. I hope all you fellow april bandsters are doing well, for those of you who havent had the surgery yet, i have to say it was a much

better experience than what i though it would be.

Had my hospital pre-op today, confirmed I will be staying overnight....yuck! I must confess I'm a bit jealous of you all who are home in less time than it takes to watch a double-feature :-) I was told no Gas-X or listerine films...nothing by mouth at all same day until my radiology scan 24 hours later....so 36 hour dry mouth here I come!

All systems are a go for the 19th, pending my final consult with my surgeon on Friday, but as I am at the upper end of what he wanted on the pre-op diet, it should all be fine. Now if I can just get all the work that will need to be done next week out of the way in the next 3 days....sometimes it really stinks to be Superwoman...:eek:!

I had my pre op yesterday and was told that because I have BCBS that they require my to stay overnight even though my surgery is at 7:30AM. I have to admit that I was quite disappointed about that too!!! I found out yesterday at my pre op that I had lost 16.6 pounds after 8 days of pre op diet! YEA ME!!!:cool:

Good Luck to you an the 19th!!! I will be thinking about you when I go in. Anyone else here scheduled for the 19th too?

Edited by banded2010

Hello Rubie! I'm glad to hear you are doing relatively well. Seems like walking is the key after surgery. I'll have to remember that next week. I was wondering if the doctor mentioned anything to you about your liver? I recall you saying that you didn't do very well on the pre-op.

Hey guys,

I got banded on 4/9. Ive been a little sore around my port and nauseous. I went to the ER today because I was feeling dizzy and almost fainted. It turned out that I was dehydrated. I cant keep anything down and nothing taste good to me. Not even the Protein Shakes I drank so much! Im trying my best to drink as much as I can but its hard. I am also hungry. lol Does anyone have any advice?

This is something my family has done for years to help with a queasy, nauseated tummy. Make up some SF Jello (small pkg) with two cups of boiling Water. Then you can DRINK it as either a hot or a cold drink. I usually put it over a whole glass of ice and a little extra water to dilute it. It helps you keep hydrated by getting your water in and the jello coats your tummy and helps you to feel better. Good Luck And I hope this will help you!

Hi all, I've been reading this forum for a few weeks and I finally get to post that I got banded on Monday. I had a horrible Migraine going in to the surgery but my anesthesologist took great care of me and gave me some meds thru my iv that took it away almost instantly. I know the stress and anxiety of my surgery day is what brought it on and I've had no problems with it since. I have 5 incisions, 4 of them are less that an inch and then the port site is about 2 inches and it goes horizontally. Tha's the site that really hurts right now especially when i get up or down out of a chair. But altogether I think I'm doing ok. Had my first protien shake this morning but i know i draink it too fast because i got some bad pressure in my chest. I think going slowly is goning to be my biggest challenge. I have to do what my doc calls "protien based liquids" until next monday and then if i am doing well i can go to purees. I hope all you fellow april bandsters are doing well, for those of you who havent had the surgery yet, i have to say it was a much

better experience than what i though it would be.

Congratulations!

Take good care of yourself and remember you are building the ground floor of a bright and terrific future. Keep your chin up and remember that you will have some good days and some not so good days after surgery.....but all is good! Thinking of you!

Mellie

HI APRIL BANDSTERS FROM KIWILAND.

IM NOW DAY 5 OF PEROP AMD OH BOY WAS I HUNGRY,IV ONLY CHEATED ONCE AND HAVE LOST 4KILO,DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS IN POUNDS:mellow:

I CAME HOME FROM WORK STRESSED AND EMOTIONAL AND WANTED TO CANCELL OP,WAS NERVOUS NOT BOUT THE OP BUT GETIN food STUCK AND PUKING-VOMITING,I THOT DO I WANT TO LIVE THIS WAY:confused: GOIN ONLINE HAS HELPED ME THINK STRAIGHT.

IV GOT A ROTTEN COLD,TIME OF MONTH AND HUNGRY SO NOT A GOOD TIME FOR THINKING!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS HOW TO GET RID OF MY COLD-BLOCKED SINUS??SCARED IF IT DOESNT CLEAR I THEY WONT DO MY BANDING.

IM BOOKED FOR 26TH AND WANT TO BE A APRIL BANDSTER.

THANKS EVERYONE.:thumbup:

This is something my family has done for years to help with a queasy, nauseated tummy. Make up some SF Jello (small pkg) with two cups of boiling Water. Then you can DRINK it as either a hot or a cold drink. I usually put it over a whole glass of ice and a little extra Water to dilute it. It helps you keep hydrated by getting your water in and the Jello coats your tummy and helps you to feel better. Good Luck And I hope this will help you!

Hi Melliebelle,

Thanks for the advice. I will try that today. It even sounds yummy!

I love reading all of your stories! I can identify with so much of what everyone is saying.. the food pushers at work, the fear that they will find cancer or something when they open me up... I am jealous of you who have gotten it over with, but so grateful for your tips and insight from the "other side"... My doc doesn't require a preop diet but after reading your posts I think I may just do one anyway. My date is the 27th so that will give me just under two weeks.

I had my pre op yesterday and was told that because I have BCBS that they require my to stay overnight even though my surgery is at 7:30AM. I have to admit that I was quite disappointed about that too!!! I found out yesterday at my pre op that I had lost 16.6 pounds after 8 days of pre op diet! YEA ME!!!:thumbup:

Good Luck to you an the 19th!!! I will be thinking about you when I go in. Anyone else here scheduled for the 19th too?

Fantastic start to the weightloss..just think, every pound we lose now is one less to lose later, eh?

There are two other April Bandster Bunnies that I chat with..if you go to my profile page, you can find them in my contacts....we are all nice and looking forward to having four of us at the same stage for moral support.

HI APRIL BANDSTERS FROM KIWILAND.

IM NOW DAY 5 OF PEROP AMD OH BOY WAS I HUNGRY,IV ONLY CHEATED ONCE AND HAVE LOST 4KILO,DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS IN POUNDS:mellow:

I CAME HOME FROM WORK STRESSED AND EMOTIONAL AND WANTED TO CANCELL OP,WAS NERVOUS NOT BOUT THE OP BUT GETIN food STUCK AND PUKING-VOMITING,I THOT DO I WANT TO LIVE THIS WAY:confused: GOIN ONLINE HAS HELPED ME THINK STRAIGHT.

IV GOT A ROTTEN COLD,TIME OF MONTH AND HUNGRY SO NOT A GOOD TIME FOR THINKING!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS HOW TO GET RID OF MY COLD-BLOCKED SINUS??SCARED IF IT DOESNT CLEAR I THEY WONT DO MY BANDING.

IM BOOKED FOR 26TH AND WANT TO BE A APRIL BANDSTER.

THANKS EVERYONE.:thumbup:

Hi! relax.....you have plenty of time for the nose to unblock...push liquids and be good to yourself. :thumbup:

You're well on your way with 8.8lbs gone [2.2 lbs = 1kilo]...

Stick to the boards, they are a great help with questions and just general support!

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't been on, but I've really been concentrating on resting, healing and watching TIVO! LOL... I was banded on 4/8/10 and spent the night which in my opinion was a godsend. The post op nurses were so sweet and attentive. The week has been rough, the port site is very tender and as someone else posted a lot like fire when I move from side to side. Doc says thats normal so who am I to argue :thumbup:

I will post my whole experience tomorrow, as I really am tired! I go back to work on Saturday and just getting the most rest out of my days off as I can. Post op appointment is next Tuesday and so on I go!

Had a small reaction to the tape adhesive, but it is settling down thanks to some benadryl, all the incisions look fine.

I am craving a warm cup of tea or a cold glass of Water but am behaving as my surgeon said nothing hot or cold for the first three weeks so there is little chance of cramping, hiccups or majorly uncomfortable belching.

Good luck to all the Hunney Bunnies getting banded this week!

Hugs,

Heather

My surgery is April 23rd.....super excited!!!! on day 6 of my 14day pre-op diet. Not so crazzy about the Optifast, but doing what I got to do!!!! One day at a time. Looking forward to learning and sharing from all of you.

Dawn

Good luck to everyone getting banded this week. It is not as bad as I thought it would be. I am one week out now and doing great. I do have restriction, from swelling I suppose, but it feels great. My fluids are going down ok but no hunger. I got to start soft foods today and had a scrambled egg. I was terrified I would eat too much or too fast or something, but it all went down and I feel my pouch full, but not overstuffed. Not sure how long it will take to go through, but it has been several hours and I am still full.

Never thought an egg would be so exciting!

I am scheduled for APril 16th. I am really scared now. Scared about everything. Prayers to everyone for a safe speedy recovery.:thumbup: