Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies

I also had my surgery Friday, April 9th and stayed overnight in the hospital. Friday wasn't too good....I didn't come out of the anesthesia very well. I couldn't quite wake up and had a lot of trouble getting up to walk. Also didn't urinate until about midnight and even then, just barely....also not good. But, Saturday I was feeling better and was discharged. When I arrived home, I had blood on my shirt from the port incision.....my doc ordered 3 shots of heparin while I was in the hospital to stop blood clots from forming and I guess it thinned my blood too much. By Sunday, I have a large bright red circle around the port site and by the bellybutton incision. I called the doc and he called in some antibiotics for me......I went to see him this morning and it seems to be clearing up. I also stopped the pain meds Saturday night.

My only concern now is that I have an intense burning feeling from the port site every time I change position :thumbup:....anyone else??

Waynooo -- Welcome back! Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work.

Hello Everybody! I'm still trying to figure out this forum thing. My surgery is scheduled for Monday, April 19th. I am currently on my Medifast Pre-op diet. I wanted to confess to everyone that I have CHEATED! :thumbup:

There I said it. I could not believe how weak I was over the weekend. I was so irritable and in such a pissy mood, all because I couldn't eat what I wanted. Sounds so silly, doesn't it? It just proved to me how much food has taken over my life. It's ridiculous. So I caved. But....reading everyone's posts has re-ignited a fire under my tail and there will be no more of that. I just had to tell it to someone who would understand, not any of these skinny minis at work that will look at you like you were a leper because you couldn't walk away from french fry. Thanks for listening, Guys! Enjoy the rest of your Monday.

Help me before I join NewMe2011...Please!!! I am on day 4 of my 2 week liquid diet and I am soooo hungry right now. I did so good at home. I worked from home on Thursday and Friday in case I was hungry and irritable, headaches etc. I did good Saturday and Sunday, but today I am dying!!!!

Tell me what to do!!!

I'm sorry, MsLady. I didn't mean to make you lose your focus, but I felt so bad for not staying on the plan. After reading everyone talk about how they didn't cheat, never thought about it, blah, blah, blah.... I got to thinking if you have so much willpower why are you getting surgery? So I thought I'd confess so those of us out here really having a hard time adjusting wouldn't feel so horrible about it.

But please, if you get any ideas on how to make it easier, please pass them along.

Hi everyone! I can't tell you how inspirational you all are to me...reading your posts are such a boon to me! Here's my update....

I was banded last Wednesday, the 7th. That went great...surgery at 11:30am - headed home at 6pm feeling pretty good, thank God! Just laid low at home, took pre-emptive dose of liquid hydrocodone in case any big pain started - was just sore. Thurs and Fri just laid around watching movies with my daughter who flew over to be with me and help out me and my husband...that's been awesome..they really spoil me!

Thursday I felt worse than surgery day, but had two doses of pain meds and the soreness (especially the port site) was still there. Finally, Friday I could lay on either side while sleeping. Didn't need pain meds anymore.

Saturday felt great....and decided to get out of the house for awhile with my daughter. Had to try on three pairs of pants before I could find one that fit!! wahoo!!! Stopped out at Red Robin to meet a friend who wanted to see Mallory and had a cup of chicken tortilla Soup. I had them leave off the tortilla strips and didn't eat the chicken pieces or red Beans. It was SO good and I just ate a spoonful at a time, and it was great. Didn't feel anything in my new stomach, but the most important thing was that I didn't feel left out at all as they ate their food and fries. It was a great "test" for me and it worked! I felt SO empowered!

I am getting those little hiccups too and I can feel them in the oddest places like my shoulders! They make me laugh and really aren't uncomfortable. I am still a bit sore at the port site, especially when I sneeze, but it's way more better every day that passes.

I'm struggling to get in all my calories and Proteins. I do two shakes per day, and make them with FF milk so I get to my minimums that way. I am on full liquids so "meals" are cream Soups, SF puddings so far. I go on mushies in another week.

Sorry to be so long, but I can't find where everyone is posting their surgery diaries.....

Best wishes to everyone!

:thumbup:

Hello Bunnies my day is tomorrow the 12th. what should I be doing? I feel just everything? word of wisdom please and prayer help me!!!!

My date is finally here. I get banded tomorrow morning at 8:00. I have to be there at 7:15.

Can't believe that it's really going to happen.

I will be thinking of you BusyMom. I hope all goes well! You will do great! My banding is on Wednesday. Come back and let us know how it goes if your feeling up to it!

Yay, Tomorrow is my day....I am nervous but believe it or not the only thing I am nervous about is that they will go in there and say my liver is too big, I have been doing great on the pre op diet but that is my fear! Good luck to all that are getting banded this week and the following weeks:biggrin::thumbup:

Hi Family, let me apologise for not being able to post over the weekend. I am doing relatively fine. I flew last week to surprise the family. The plane ride was uneventful with the exception of this rolling pain in the chest/esophagus area that seems to stop me in my tracks.

Hubby and baby girl were so happy to see me. My family says they can tell I lost weight. I did have a pre-op appoint on 04/08. My incisions looked great. I told nurse that if I drank one more shake I will jump off the roof (lol). I had lost 18lbs on the doctors scale since March 8th. However, I have lost 25 on my personal scale. I have been using my personal scale to update ticker factory. I explained my chest pain to the nurse and she believes that it is the hitial hernia repair. Advised that I take pain meds and sudafed to reduce allergy and sinus drainage.

I experienced intermittent pain the whole weekend in the chest area. I am not sure what triggers the pain, but whenever I lean my head back I get relief. This pain sorts of roll down my chest. Also, whenever, I swallow I sort of feel the food going down in a slow and almost painful way. I am ready to heal and get back to norma.

CHALLENGES:

:mad:I hate sipping my drinks, I just want to drink

:mad:I miss a cold glass of coke on ice

:mad:I hate that it takes me so much time to eat and makes my food cold (love hot food)

:mad:CHEWING gets boring.

:thumbup:I AM LOVING THE WAY MY CLOTHES ARE LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worth the challenges:thumbup:

good luck to you too. I did not do good on pre-opt I hope to be a banded bunnie tomorrow. YESSS

Hi everyone! My name is Pam and I just joined this group today. I am on day 8 of my 14 day pre op diet. I have my pre op appointment tomorrow afternoon and my surgery is scheduled for 4/19/10!

I have lost 13 pounds since starting my pre op diet 8 days agos and looking forward to many more! The pre op diet has been difficult but at the same time not as bad as I thought that it would be. My son has been home from school on Spring Break and my husband is home from work recovering from surgery. He has to spend most of his time in the bed so I am pretty much cooking three meals a day right now for the two of them. I think that has been the hardest part so far.

I have been using Body Fortess Super whey Protein Shots. It has 26 grams of Protein in only 2.9 oz. of liquid to drink, no fat, no sugar and only 1 gram of carbs. It is quick protein without having to drink a whole Protein shake.

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself to everyone. I look forward to getting to know everyone here! Good luck to everyone here on their own journey!!!

Thanks,

Pam

First off, Good Luck to all you banders today/tomorrow.

I went back to work today after 4/7 banding. Other than finding clothes that did not rub an incision site, my day was non eventful. I even managed not to look like a moron at a dinner meeting this evening by sipping Water and a bowl of chicken Soup from Chilis. Picked up boys from Scouts and made it home by 9pm. TIRED but the good kind of tired of being productive. Wanted to check in with you all and now off to bed as it will be another 12 hour day tomorrow.

:thumbup::thumbup:virtually zero pain today and I was worried as I stopped all pain meds but tylenol on Sunday. liquid diet is not cutting it but boost shakes and my surprise of chicken soup at dinner with a Jello chaser at home has made me comfortable. Back to the Dr. on Friday for a Post op and maybe then I will know what band size I have.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Kim

Hi eveyone,Im like many of you on the pre op diet of 3optifast meals- well shakes, bars,soups and veges.

This is my 3rd day and im hungry but coping,mostly by

spending time on WLS sites,mainly this site of course!

My op is 26th,i have times of determination that i can do this and be sucsessful and the odd time when i think will i change?Im selfpaying so its a big financal sacrafice too.

I havnt told my family partly fear of not losing enough and too be honest I dont want to explain myself to everyone.lapband is not a well known op here in south island-New Zealand, though its growing.so I may be miles away,but only a keyboard apart.