Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for May Bandsters

There are so many places to post here. I've posted on the q&a part as well. 5/4 I'll be banded at NYU with Dr. Kurian. I start my liquid diet tomorrow. Glad to start dieting and stop eating like a pig. Starting to not fit into anything.

I'm happy to hear that everyone has a date and is moving forward with their journey! As of 4-14-10 I finished ALL my requirments and as of 4-16-10, everything was submitted to my insurance company. So now my future lies in their hands. I hope to hear something in the next week or two and hoping to be banded toward the end of May! Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I could us all the positive vibes!! Much appreciated!!

It looks like I'm definitely going to be a May Bandster- I don't have a date yet, but I saw my doc today and he said definitely May! Yippee/yikes!

Edited by AnneGG

I guess I'm one of the few men on here.

I'm scheduled for May 4th. I'm in Winston Salem, NC and having Dr. Fernandez at Baptist Hospital do my surgery.

Friday the 23rd of April is my pre-op date and final consult with the folks at the hospital before the big day.

First to Biker Jon, It doesn't matter male or female we are all in this together!

I just want to tell everybody, I know it seems like it is going to take forever for your date to get here, I felt the same way, but it really didn't seem to drag on. I am sending positive vibes to each and everyone of you and I can't wait for each of you to get to your date! This is the best decision I could have made to go through with the surgery. I will be 2 weeks post op on Thursday and I am down 13 lbs. Slow and steady wins the race!!!:smile:

rhonda how have you been feeling after surgery? are you hungry at all? keep us posted!

Where in Illinois are you? I'm in Bloomington. Dr. Sidney Rohrshieb is my surgeon. He's so nice and sees patients in chicago, clinton, champaign, and mt. vernon. he's doing my surgery 5/7 in clinton.

who are you seeing?

Amber, I am seeing Dr Rohrshieb as well. I love it there. Everyone is so nice! My mom was banded last year by Dr R and she has done great.

I have my last appointment with my PCP on Friday (4/23) for my 6 mo supervised diet. Hopefully everything can be submitted and approved for a May surgery date. I am so excited!

It's official! I was approved by my insurance today. When the patient rep called me to tell me I was approved she told me that the doctor put in the request that I would be having surgery on May 5th. The 5th is a Wed and I really need a Thursday, so when the scheduler gets into the doctor's office tomorrow I'll see if there is any wiggle room on that date.

Looks like I'll be starting my pre-op diet either tomorrow or Friday.....they call it the very low calorie diet...like 900 calories, high Protein, low fat, very low carb...no Protein shakes YEA!

So do we have a catchy May name for us yet? With a glitzy banner for our signatures? How do we get one of those? Any ideas?

My surgery is May 3rd and I am so excited to finaly get to have it done. Good luck to all of you and hope you get your dates soon.

Hi All - I am getting done May 19th! Happy and nervous all at the same time!!! Start my 2 week pre op liquid dieat May 5th! Good Luck to everyone!!!!

Hi,

I just got my surgery date of May 20th! My pre-op is scheduled for May 12th. This is all pending insurance approval...I hope I get approved but I'm worried since my BMI is only 36. I have co-morbidities though. Everything went pretty quickly for me. Consult with surgeon was on April 16th and I have a surgical date already. I didn't need a sleep study because I just had one in 2007. Glad to be here on this forum!

Priscilla

Hi everyone! I am new to the message boards and am excited to have surgery on May 18th! I too had to go thru the 6 month supervised diet...I almost gave up, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I will be starting my pre-op diet on May 4th, which consists of a 12oo cal for 12 days, then full liquids. I'm glad to find everyone here!

How about May Magnificents? Someone else who is more computer savvy than me can come up with a banner!

Edited by AnneGG

Hello everyone... I am comming to you from the April bandsters I was supposed to be banded today. :( I got a major cold this weekend and my doctors didn't think it was safe to proceed so I have a new banding date of May 6th. I was pretty upset at first but I think May is a better month anyway. (take that april) I am really looking forward to the support from this site and all of you. I can't wait to start this journey together.

GO MAY!!!