Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Down 107 pounds! 1 Year Postop!

As of Thursday, Feb 11th 2010, I was 1 year postop. I am now down about 107 pounds! The only regret I have is that I didn't do this YEARS ago. I wasted too many years being so unhappy. I feel amazing and I am so glad that I made this decision. I am only about 8 pounds from my original goal of 180 pounds. As I get closer to that though, I can see that I'm not going to be satisfied with that. My BMI doesn't fall into the normal range until 155. I didn't do this to still be considered overweight. I want to be at a healthy weight. So now that is my new goal....155. So that's about 33 more pounds. The weight is coming off much slower now but it's still coming off. Hopefully some time next year I will get to finish my journey with some plastics surgery. Think I'm gonna need an abdominalplasty and a breast lift. Oh and I'm running....ME running! Doesn't even sound right. I used to hate to run....now I'm doing it on purpose. I'm thinking about setting a goal to run in a 5K this summer.

Edited by Jill10191130

Congrats!

You look great!

I am so impressed with your success that I made my husband get up and come in here and look too. Congratulations!

BTW, I think I am going to need some breast life too! "Think I'm gonna need an abdominalplasty and a breast life":smile2:

OMG that is amazing!!! You go girl!!!!

So AWESOME!!!! You did and look amazing......Great Inspiration!

Thank ya'll so much!

LeighaMason...Haha! I didn't see the breast life typo until just now. I edited it, but yes, that statement is true as well. They do also need a life but also a LIFT. Haha! Thanks!

Amazing way to go you must feel awesome!

Elizabeth -- Congratulations on such a huge milestone!Any words of wisdom to share with newbies like me only 3 weeks out?? How much exercise do you do? Favorite meals? Fav quick meals? Restaurants that are band friendlier than others? Biggest challenges? I'm so excited for you and can't wait to be where you are, hopefully in a year from now!

Well done!! Keep up the good work!!

You are awesome! I look at your pictures and you are amazing! I have almost the same body type as you and were just wondering what size band you have and how long did it take to get to the "sweet spot" as well as how much exercise you do weekly? Keep up the great work you look amazing!

Wow, you look great! Thanks for sharing your story... I get my surgery in two weeks and wonder am I doing the right thing... then I look at your pics and it answers my question. Great job, Heidi

You look great! Such an inspiration!