Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 24th is the day!

Hey You guys....

I've been reading all of your posts and I'm so glad everyone is losing and sticking with this...This has been really hard for me. My emotions are all over the place and I'm starting to get really nervous. I am so nervous, that I'm having dreams about the surgery and waking up with all these incisions on my body. I feel very stressed. The good news is only 3 more days....I am ( or I was down 20 pounds ) now I'm only down 18....how did I gain 2 pounds?? It's frustrating....

When you're on a Protein shake diet with one small meal, how do you gain 2 pounds???

Anyway, like I said 3 more days to being banded....

I'm nervous.....anyone else???

Meg:scared2:

Yep, very nervous. I was less nervous when I had back surgery which could have paralized me. I think most of my nerves comes from the realization that this is it, no excuses I will loose weight for good and a part of me feels vunerable. I am greiving so to speak about having to redefine myself. But I know this is better than all the health risks I am carring now.

As for the # change it happened to me as well, Water flux I suppose, don't worry about it. It probabely will be gone tomorrow.

Edited by Ruthie1974

3 more sleeps and it will be here!!

I can't wait to see what time my surgery will be. I hope it's early in the morning this way I won't have to endure the agony of an empty stomach for too long. :laugh:

I don't think I could do it either if my surgeon did not require it. I don't think he would cancel the surgery if he gave you the option. Don't worry once you have the band you will have no choice and you will start seeing the weight drop.

Thanks. I do think I'll be able to do it post-op because I'll know I have to and despite my flakiness this week, I am very committed to succeeding. Today wasn't much better for me, I got through half the day and then gave in. I have definitely eaten less than I normally would these last few days so I shouldn't be putting any weight on, but I haven't lost any either. I think I just have it in my mind that I'll never be able to enjoy certain foods again so why torture myself now when I'll have months to do that in the future. But that's just the food addict in me talking.

Going to try again tomorrow, I know two days won't really help me shrink my live but I just want to prove to myself that I can do it.

Only a couple more days now.... pretty exciting.

Hey You guys....

I've been reading all of your posts and I'm so glad everyone is losing and sticking with this...This has been really hard for me. My emotions are all over the place and I'm starting to get really nervous. I am so nervous, that I'm having dreams about the surgery and waking up with all these incisions on my body. I feel very stressed. The good news is only 3 more days....I am ( or I was down 20 pounds ) now I'm only down 18....how did I gain 2 pounds?? It's frustrating....

When you're on a Protein shake diet with one small meal, how do you gain 2 pounds???

Anyway, like I said 3 more days to being banded....

I'm nervous.....anyone else???

Meg:scared2:

LOL Meg...I'm sure its just Water weight fluctuation. Do not worry! I've been having the same dreams and waking up in the middle of the night, etc. I know this is the right thing to do but its still scary.

We are leaving for Mexico today for the surgery on Wednesday! Good luck t all of you and I'll check back when we are all on the other side!

I am pretty proud of the fact that I survived working the weekend. I was pulling the night shift and working 12hrs at that, and entering into it with very little sleep due to family commitments. BUT, I made it without cheating. I was really tired but used my "lunch break" to sleep instead of grazing.

I can't believe that in only two days we will be on our way to our new healthier lives. How totally exciting. I am hoping you are all doing well as well.

BTW, sorry my last post had a typo. Trying to type on the blackberry, not really fun.

Take care, and good night!:o

HOLY CRAP! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! TOMORROW!!!!!!!! :confused:

Hi all you 24th guys. I had my op yesterday (22nd) and I feel fine :confused:

I have some mild gas pain and I am a bit sore but other than that I am fine. 100% better than I imagined. The bruising is coming out a bit but again nothing too scary. I will post a pic later.

You will all be fine and I cant wait to share your journey's. I hope that when you are laying there waiting to go down you know you are not alone and we are all there together. I know I felt I had my lap band family with me.

Good luck guys :redface:

HOLY CRAP! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! TOMORROW!!!!!!!! :confused:

I know.....Im freakin nervous!!! :redface:

I can't wait till the day when I won't be held back by my weight any longer. I used to be so outgoing and then I gained weight and now I never want to go anywhere.

Good luck to all the 24th er's, I'm also one. I am looking forward to getting it over with and moving on to worrying about something else. I wish all those being banded tomorrorw the best, just think, we will be "SLIM" for sure!

I had a very good meeting with my doctor yesterday and he cleared up a few things like: no, you don't have to be on totaly Clear Liquids for the next 2 weeks, yes you can mix your Protein Drinks with milk, V8, or other juices, KEEP DOWN the SUGAR! and I can have watermelon which I almost jumped over his desk and kissed him. He said the watermelon basically disolves in your mouth, but said they must be in no more than 1/2 in cubes. Good luck to all, we will all be happier and healthier for the rest of our lives. My doctor said yesterday that THE most important thing is our Protein Shakes so we don't get sick. I just found a new ones from BariatricLiving.com they are Nectar's that you mix in Water or milk. They have sample packs for about $12.95 for 10 different fruit flavors. I had the Peach Navel today and it's to die for and they range between 6-23 g. Protein and

25-90 calories. Check them out. God bless all of you and see you on the other side of the banding! Eileen:thumbup::smile::thumbup:

I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. I could hardly work today I'm so excited. Let's keep this thread going so we can keep in touch. Good luck to you all and God bless.

I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. I could hardly work today I'm so excited. Let's keep this thread going so we can keep in touch. Good luck to you all and God bless.

So do I. I doubt I'll get much sleep before hand.

I've been doing bowel prep with Miralax and gatorade today and it's not fun. :thumbup:

Wishing everyone the best! :smile:

So do I. I doubt I'll get much sleep before hand.

I've been doing bowel prep with Miralax and gatorade today and it's not fun. :sad:

Wishing everyone the best! :thumbup:

Does everyone usually have to do this? My surgeon didn't tell me to do that. :smile:

I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 am. Kinda wishing it was earlier like you guys...I know I won't be getting much sleep tonight. :thumbup:

Does everyone usually have to do this? My surgeon didn't tell me to do that. :smile:

I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 am. Kinda wishing it was earlier like you guys...I know I won't be getting much sleep tonight. :sad:

Hey. I'm not sure. My surgeon didn't require me to do a pre-op liquid diet (although he recommended it), so maybe that's why he requires a bowel prep? :thumbup: You know, just to clean out anyone who's been eating regular food up until today. Or maybe my surgeon just likes torturing his patients. :thumbup:

good luck everyone......Im going in for 6:30 am.....

nervous as hell... but can not wait to be on the other side!!!

chat with you guys as soon as I can....I want to hear all about your day!

:smile: