Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2010

No, surgeon had told me upon release from hospital I would get 1st fill on 5/11....but NP said I would not get it until next appt., 6/8. Let me know how yours goes...can't wait to get my 1st one!!!

Was banded April 5, 2010....and to date, I have lost 33 pounds. Don't know if that is pretty on track with the amount of weight loss that you should have. Sick of losing my hair.....just need someone's comments

Hi Joey Lynn,

I was banded on April 23, 2010. I have lost 35 pounds to date so it sounds like we are on track with one another. I have noticed some Hair loss as well and I was told to watch my Protein intake carefully. So, I religiously eat my protein first to help with the hair issue. I have a friend who didn't listen to her doc and she lost so much hair that it looks like she is a chemo patient. She refuses to believe her protein starvation can be the problem.

Anyway, be careful about being too aggressive with fills. I am going to get an "unfill" because 2 weeks ago my doc added .5 cc and I have been throwing up multiple times every day for the past 2 weeks. Enough of that foolishness! That is NOT a healthy way to lose weight.

Keep up the good eating habits and exercise and the band will do the work for you! Good luck!

I had my surgery April 8, 2010 and have lost 32 lbs. I always get discouraged when I think that 32 lbs. is not alot, but we have to keep in mind it is a LOSS not a GAIN!! We just have to say goodbye to that and look forward to the next pound gone. Remember that slow and steady wins this race. Your doing great keep up the good work!!

Hey ms.rhonda and teach!

I had my surgery on April 19 and have also lost about 35 pounds. My hair has just started to fall out in the last couple of weeks. I am surprised about that because I didn't think that 35 pounds was enough weight loss to cause my hair to fall out. I am just going to start being super careful with my Protein intake. Do either of you feel like you have "restriction?" I don't and can eat anything and my surgeon's office will not let me come in any sooner than 6 weeks for a fill.

Zandile,

I just now am feeling restriction good. I am at 8.5 cc. What are you doing to get your Protein in? I can not do Protein Powder it is so yucky!!!

My surgery date was April 27. I've been pretty discouraged with a 29lb loss until I read the posts from the rest of you. At least we are all heading in the right direction. I started loosing hair about 2 weeks ago, much to my dismay, as I thought I was doing well with the Protein. I have had 4 fills and am just now feeling some restriction. On the plus side, I've lost enough to eliminate lower back pain and my knees are working much better. GERD is also gone. Been medicating that for about 10 years, so no complaints.

I had my surgery on April 5th and I'm 42 pounds down! I'm losing some hair, but i feel like i get a lot of Protein. I've already gotten one adjustment, not sure how many ccs, but i'm ready for another. Hope everyone is on track, good luck guys!

Rhonda - For my Protein I have a Pure Protein Shake that is in a can which has 35 grams of protein and I have a chicken burger that has about 25 and then do little things like have milk in my coffee, a few nuts and Beans with dinner that add a little more protein here and there. If I don't the shake or chicken burger I don't feel like I get enough protein. When I first had my surgery I had Unjury strawberry protein powder and it was clear and sort of tasted like kool aid. I could see someone who does not like protein powder liking that because it doesn't taste like a regular protein shake.

Hi, I had my surgery on April 29, 2010. To date I have had 3 fills and lost 42lbs. I think I could have lost more but I don't exercise as often as I should, I haven't experienced any hairloss :thumbup: and I hope I don't, I do try to get all my Protein in, I do turkey bacon and egg whites or egg beaters for Breakfast and I make sure I take 2 Multivitamins, I take the childrens which make it not so bad. Good Luck to all of my fellow April Bandsters!:biggrin:

I had surgery on 4/8 and I'm hoping that my hair loss stops soon. My Dr. has told me to get 40 g of Protein a day and I'm usually over that. I've started taking hair, Skin and Nails Vitamins and using the Nioxin Shampoo and conditioner. I was taking Biotin before, but it is included in the other Vitamins, so I've stopped.

I don't see as much hair on my pillow when I wake up in the morning, but that might be because I just have less to lose. :thumbup:

Good luck everyone!