Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sharin' the Love--Marchies 2007

Hey everyone! I "lost" you for awhile but found the January thread and was so happy to see so many old friends posting and recommitting to success.

I've had a crazy few months and have gained about 5 lbs. but hope to be back in control today. I'm exercising 4-5 times a week but probably need to increase intensity and duration. Also still eating too many goodies since the holidays. The good news is that I am about 15 lbs. below the goal my doctor set for me and I only have 11 lbs. to lose to have a "normal" BMI. Woohoo!

I guess part of my problem is that I'm quite content with where I'm at--if I didn't lose any more I'd be okay. I never thought I'd see the day when I could wear a pair of size 12 jeans (or jeans at all!) and now I do. I can't imagine being able to wear a size 10--that's probably part of my problem. I need to realize it is possible to be thinner and decide I want it enough to work for it.

You guys are a great inspiration--thanks for your posts and honesty. I consider you my friends!

Love and best wishes to all of you.

THANKS FOR STARTING THE FEBRUARY THREAD. I FORGOT ALL ABOUT STARTING ONE...

It's good you still come back. No matter how long we all stay away just come back. Someone will be here to keep this thread going.

I agree with you that if I lose no more weight I'm happy where I'm at. It's just that all my wardrobe is at my new weight. So, I really need to keep on top of it. I just need to get into the regular size 14 and then I'll be happy again. That is the last set of new clothing I bought. My goal is either weight 175lbs or into the last set of new clothing I bought.

I've stepped up my excerise problem too. I'm getting to the gym more mornings now and now trying for the evenings. I'm back to 192lbs. So any weight loss now is what I'll be counting.

I'm taking Zumba classes too. Janine like you said, it is so much fun. I was wiped out from my 1st class. But, I'm going back. Great cardio and lower body workout.

thickchickTexas, keep coming back. Someone will be here.

So to everyone else what have you been up to?

I wish one day we could all meet up. We have shared so many ups and downs, personal issue I feel I know you better already. I miss old the old timers...But glad everyone keeps coming back.

Have a great day and week till we meet again.

Well Hi everyone.

It's been a long while since I've been on here.

I'm looking for support and love and all the nice stuff we get from each other on these boards. My life has been full of great and not so great stuff but full of things that have kept my control of food far from the front of my thinking.

My weight is up about 20 pounds since I had plastic surgery. In part because I don't exercise 10 hours a week anymore (see the busy life comment above) and also because I've fallen into baked good hell.

The love of muffins and Cookies is just horrible. I'm going on a cruise at then first of March. When I get home I'll be going for a fill.

Hope you all are well! I've missed you.

Hey Juli, You were truly missed. I missed your adventures. I looked forward to them when I log on. So, glad you're back and keep coming back.

We've all been there as we all know so well. But the thing is "we keep coming back". I also gained as we all had. And we all have vowed to get back on track.

We know what to do so let's get to it.

The gang is slowly coming back home. Let's welcome each other back.

Hello, it has been well over a year since I posted here. My 3 year bandiversary is coming up but not very excited. My eating habits are out of control and I'm too ashamed to get back into the Dr. to check on my band. I was down to 149 and I'm back up to 170. I exercise on a semi-regular basis. It started out slowly, a cookie here, chips now and again, candy bars are the worst. I'm afraid I stretched out my pouch and if I go to the Dr. he'll judge me and wonder what the hell I wanted this band for if I'm gonna have terrible eating habits again.

Well, I wonder the same thing. I was in a sz 10, now in a tight 12...I refuse to go buy a size 14 pants. I've been using Fitday again to track my food. Reality is setting in and I'm trying to get back on track. Thanks for listening.

Hello, it has been well over a year since I posted here. My 3 year bandiversary is coming up but not very excited. My eating habits are out of control and I'm too ashamed to get back into the Dr. to check on my band. I was down to 149 and I'm back up to 170. I exercise on a semi-regular basis. It started out slowly, a cookie here, chips now and again, candy bars are the worst. I'm afraid I stretched out my pouch and if I go to the Dr. he'll judge me and wonder what the hell I wanted this band for if I'm gonna have terrible eating habits again.

Well, I wonder the same thing. I was in a sz 10, now in a tight 12...I refuse to go buy a size 14 pants. I've been using Fitday again to track my food. Reality is setting in and I'm trying to get back on track. Thanks for listening.

so sorry you are struggling--I know we all do from time to time. But, GET BACK ON THE BAND-WAGON! Who cares what your dr. thinks? It's YOUR band and YOUR body. (I really don't think he will judge you anyway--he's seen it before and your behavior is no worse than others). Take charge. Go get some advice and possibly a fill--your doctor is your advocate. Glad you checked in--let us know how you are doing. It's great to hear from you.

The new thread for March 2010 is at http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f90/marchies-3-year-bandiversary-month-111297/#post1427722