Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fat Friend in the Group

I don't even know where to start. I went to Vegas with some guy friends and we were all out at a O'Sheas (across of Caesar's Palace) playing beer pong. Well my buy friends I roll with are the typical alpha males, tall athletic, good looking, blah blah blah. Well, they were talking to (hitting on) these girls, and they pointed at me and asked if I was with them. As they confirmed, the girls said something along the lines of, "Oh, I get it, you bring him around to make you guys look better". :w00t:

:smile2: Now, I can accept being bigger, or whatever, but I've never heard anything so rude in my life. In one hand, I'm totally down and can't believe what I just heard, and on the other hand I'm more and more motivated to lose weight. On another hand (yeah, I have three), I was so close to breaking some skulls, because I may be the bigger one, but I'm also the muscles :thumbup:

Well, that is it. I guess I'm more venting than anything. Anyone have a bad experiences that are more motivation than anything; or bad experiences to make me feel better?

people are so stupid. i'm sorry you had to even deal with that, but i hate girls & guys like that. like you said, its makes you more motivated to lose the weight and once you do, they are going to be the same girls that are throwing themselves at you! :)

i just hate that people are so rude.

You would not want any girls like that anyway. Just let it motivate you but let the anger go they are not worth it. You sound like a very nice person and muscles sound good. My husband married me when I was overweight and we have been married 29 years.

People who are all about outside instead of inside will be dissappointed in a few years when middle age set in.

Wow what a....well you know. Anyway I know it hurts and is completely rude but let it motivate you and in time you'll be bagging girls 10 times hotter than her. :-)

OH please, I've seen your pics your a doll!

Plus if people need to bring someone with them just to fill a "position", (ie. the big guy to make others look better). They must have brought her along because they needed a total idiot to make the other girls look smarter.

Don't let them get you down..

Some people are so rude...but sometimes those comments do drive you even harder!! So good luck :sifone:

OH please, I've seen your pics your a doll!

Plus if people need to bring someone with them just to fill a "position", (ie. the big guy to make others look better). They must have brought her along because they needed a total idiot to make the other girls look smarter.

Don't let them get you down..

I so agree i have seen your photos too you are a doll. Some people just have to say mean things just to make them feel better.

I know how you feel! all my girl friends are about 120-140 lbs. it is really hard to feel pretty or have any self esteem when they are getting attention and getting hit on, and I am just tagging along.

But I am just using that as motivation and you should too!

Good luck!!

I was really liking where this thread was going... people telling me how cute I am :biggrin: .... lets go back to that!

I have taken this experience and am using it to fuel my fire. I'm not too upset with the situation, I kind of expect it in the circle I hang with, but at the same time, to hear it always sucks. But it's okay.

Like you all said, we'll show those b*tches ... some day :thumbup:

People who are all about outside instead of inside will be dissappointed in a few years when middle age set in.

Well said! I agree with you :confused:

I agree with the doll part.. You will always have those people in your life that cant seem to find anything postive or always look to put someone down.. Keep your head up and use it as motivation..

I was really liking where this thread was going... people telling me how cute I am :confused: .... lets go back to that!

I have taken this experience and am using it to fuel my fire. I'm not too upset with the situation, I kind of expect it in the circle I hang with, but at the same time, to hear it always sucks. But it's okay.

Like you all said, we'll show those b*tches ... some day :confused:

Ok, you are absolutely amazingly CUTE! :wink:

Wow, what memories this thread has brought back...

I had the same thing happen when I went on spring break during college. Of course my sorority sisters were the perfect size 4, and then there I was. I can remember so many guys making horrible comments during that spring break trip that I just wanted to hide in my hotel room. There were a couple nights that I just stayed in the room and ordered pizza. Hmmm, interesting way to cope with the depression, isn't it? But now things are different.

I realize that although those people that hurt our feeling may be skinny, they will never be nice. And in my opinion, being a nice, respectable person means a lot. So keep on smiling, and don't let those ppl bring you down!

I know exactly what you mean! I'm a california girl and I have never fit the streotypical standard! I went as far as being the self proclaimed token fat girl of the group trying to beat all the jokesters to the punch! A defense mechanism I adapted in skool yard days right along with being the 'muscle' of the group intimidation feature. ;-). Those kinds of people are classless, ignorant & often times insecure! Honestly what pushed me over the edge to commit to being banded was when my bestfriend posted a rather unflattering picture of me on Facebook & I read the deleted comments that my fb app automatically saved... people are cruel for no reason at all. But my motto is ''The Greatest Form of Revenge is Success!'' So let nay sayers be your motivation & pray for them! You will have the last laugh.

Oh I can relate all too well.

I was walking down the street one day, when a man driving a car yelled out "you've got an ass like a mack truck!"

I don't even know what that means.

I've ALWAYS been the heaviest woman in a room, in my group of friends, relationships, my entire class during ALL my years of school, and any job I've ever worked at.

I'm only 24 years old, and it has been diet after diet after diet ever since I can remember. I've been on WW, Nutrasystem, Medifast, Rx Weight Loss Drugs, LA Weight Loss, Atkins, Diet pills, etc. I've NEVER been able to keep off any significant amount of weight. I have been struggling with my weight since I was in PreK.

It's something I've learned to deal with over the years, and only recently, when I had ballooned to an unhuman 369lbs did I realize that I was in serious trouble.

I've been banded for almost 4 weeks now, and I have lost 28lbs as of this morning. I couldn't be happier.

I have NEVER been normal sized, let alone thin, and I am VERY nervous about learning how to deal with living life as a normal sized person.