Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for March 2010 bandsters threads

Hi Lace,

I'm doing pretty well only 6 days after surgery. I'm already eating mushies and keeping all down well so far. I was pretty sore the first 3 days. It hurt to get up and down and roll/turn to another side, but the pain meds definitely helped. I did get some bad gas pains and everyone is right. Walk and they will help you get it out along with the gas x strips. No shoulder pain for me yet and hopefully none will appear!

Overall I have to say I was back at work on Tuesday doing a lot with no restrictions. I got very tired by mid day but I think that's to be expected. I do take some pain meds at night mostly to help me have a great sleep without too much disruption. I'm not sure how much weight I've lost yet, but I know that my waist is down "4" inches from the day of surgery! I measured myself before going in. So all is moving in the right direction. Don't hesitate to email me if you have any other question and good luck on your lap band surgery.

I'll add my two cents! I was banded Monday ... today is Wednesday and I'm doing great! Here are a few details. I am:

THIRSTY: Amazing, I think. After being on a liquid diet for a week before surgery and on clears since surgery, how can I be thirsty? But I am. It was worst the day after surgery.

NOT HUNGRY: Amazing. I'm so glad. It's a blessing. I was actually hungry after surgery, the same day, and through much of the evening, but then it disappeared and hasn't returned.

NOT HURTING TOO MUCH: I have three incisions and one is above my belly button, and that one gets a little sore if a waistband of PJs irritates it, but overall the pain is entirely manageable and I have liquid pain meds anyway.

WEIRDLY HICCUPING: Like one hiccup at a time, and that can be a little uncomfortable in my sternum area, but it's entirely manageable. This only happens once in a while.

12 POUNDS LIGHTER: Yep. After the liquid diet week and now clears. Although I don't know where it came from because I'm not wearing work clothes or anything but loose and comfortable stuff and my stomach is still bloated from the gas they pump in it to do the surgery.

My left shoulder hurts from time to time but it also is entirely manageable.

IT'S ALL GOOD!

Peace and luck to all and hope I helped you know what to expect.

Hello, Everyone I am March 26th and I can't wait!:thumbup:

Sandi it's so fantastic that your going to have such great support their and everyone is flying to be there with you!! What made you decide to go to MX? What date is your surgery?

Mostly what did it was the fact that its MUCH MUCH cheaper, and I'm a self pay. I would have rather done it here in the US, but, after doing some research I found the MX has been doing lapbands for much longer than the US has.

I had my surgery on Monday... and well.. it was a very eventful experience... Nothing really like I had thought, and the place kicked my family out and tried to turn me against them once they had me alone :thumbup: Not cool.

hi Fern, just sent you a note - but my surgery date is for 3/15/2010 also. Where are you having your procedure done?

I'm going to Mexico. Are you on your pre-op diet yet?

I'm on day 2 of liquids and it's soooo hard - but I've gotten a lot done around the house in these last two days. It's a wonder how motivated you are to do other things when eating isn't filling up your days lol....:thumbup:

keep in touch,

-Bianca

Hey, I was just banded in MX, what doctor are you going to?

Congradulations on your surgery I am so pleased to hear you are feeling so well. Keep up the good work and let us know how you are doing. I hope my band goes as well, I will be banded 3/24 and just started my 2 week pre-op diet today. So far so good. God Bless

Hang in there, Caldwell. The pre-op diet was challenging for me because I was still hungry! But after a couple of days it really does get easier. And there is an end in sight ... you can do it!

Sandi,

What do you mean they tried to turn your family against you? Of course family support is so important! Don't answer if you don't want to, I'm just curious about that.

Dayna/FLA COCOON

I had my surgery March 8th, so I am 4 days out! Surgery was no big deal except for the morphine they gave me for a headache (caffeine withdrawals) which made me retch all night which was very painful. I'm on clears now - but see my doctor in the morning and I am hoping for full liquids - or - be still my heart - mushies.... I went to work today, maybe alittle soon but worked all day and actually feel human today.

Surgery tomorrow for me...finishing up packing my last few things, getting a shower, and going to bed!!! 3 am comes awful early and I would rather sleep in the plane and forget about the hunger pains and being thirsty!!

So, it's finally here and it's very exciting, I've had my date for like 3 months, so yeah I've been doing a lot of preparing, but nothing prepares you for leaving the US to go to MX. The only thing that is really cool is that we've had some cold weather come back in my area, and it's going to be like 68 to 71 degrees where I'm headed :laugh:

I will let you all know how everything goes, they have internet connection in the hospital and I'm taking my laptop!!:blushing:

Surgery tomorrow for me...finishing up packing my last few things, getting a shower, and going to bed!!! 3 am comes awful early and I would rather sleep in the plane and forget about the hunger pains and being thirsty!!

So, it's finally here and it's very exciting, I've had my date for like 3 months, so yeah I've been doing a lot of preparing, but nothing prepares you for leaving the US to go to MX. The only thing that is really cool is that we've had some cold weather come back in my area, and it's going to be like 68 to 71 degrees where I'm headed :laugh:

I will let you all know how everything goes, they have internet connection in the hospital and I'm taking my laptop!!:blushing:

Good luck - this is the beginning of your life. Remember the first few days are the toughest then suddenly you feel like yourself again. Try to take only pain meds you need - that is what make me sick and retch.

Sandi,

What do you mean they tried to turn your family against you? Of course family support is so important! Don't answer if you don't want to, I'm just curious about that.

Dayna/FLA COCOON

I have no problem answering :blushing: I'll probably start a different thread on it just because I was so shocked and appalled that we were treated that way, specially in a foreign country where we have no clue where we were and knew anyone, nor the language for that matter.

I'll try to make it short and sweet lol. The "hospital" (I say that because it was a clinic in a strip mall, apparently all plastic surgery centers are in strip malls) was great, they were awesome to me and my family. After wards they set you up in what they call a guest house to recover. they told my family that they'd be all taken care of, they'd have Breakfast, lunch, and dinner all made up for them the next morning, and just a lot of promises that they couldn't keep. We got to the guest house, it was FREEZING! they didn't have any heaters, and told us they had some small electrical ones in storage, but we had to find them, and couldn't find any. I had to go to the other house to ask for the breakfast, if I didn't, then my family wouldn't have been able to eat. And when the lady did come over to cook it, she couldn't speak a lick of English, and acted like we were putting her out, so we felt bad cuz we were supposed to have a translator there, but... nope, none in sight. Then they said I was supposed to go to xray at 11am... that came and went, and I called up to the office, and they didn't know what was going on. We wanted to shopping afterwards to some of the little market shops, so we just wanted to get this xray done and over with. We finally found a guy that spoke english, he said he'd look into it.... he didn't.. I called back 2 and a half hours later and then they tell me someone is on their way to take me. Well, my patient coordinator just got there when they loaded me into the van, and they said that me and only me could go, my family would have to stay at the guest house and wait. She asked how my family was doing, i said, do u want to ask me or them cuz i knew i wouldn't be as harsh, well apparently this was her form of me "attacking" her. And i was just explaining why we were upset and couldn't get a hold of any one on anything. So she says she'll go a head and talk to them. Meanwhile, the owner is all up in my face not being very nice to me, and i'm like umm... ok... so i go get my xray, come back. The owner and my patient coordinator take me into a room and start to tell me how rude my family is, and how they couldn't believe my family talked to them the way they did, and how they didn't appreciate anything, and how much complaining they did, and that they just wanted me to hear their side. Also told me that my step dad packed our stuff and said that they were leaving, and the owner and the pc tried to get them to stay. And I thought, okay, my step dad can be like that sometimes, maybe they were, who knows? All i knew is i was feeling like crap. So he said that he put me up in the marriot w 1 guest and the rest of my family would have to find somewhere else to stay. then as I'm walking out he says to me, when you get skinny, your friends and family will want nothing to do with you, so just be prepared, and i'm like UMMM NO. my family and friends love me and support anything I do. So then their driver gets to the hotel, my family booked a room right next to mine, and they told me that they were just sitting in the house when the owner and pc came in with body guards, and started yelling at them, and telling them that they couldn't afford to stay in a 5 star hotel and that they needed to get out of the house right now, and they wouldn't even let my family explain anything. and the owner, a man, told my mom that he's more of a man that she is..... there's more, but i tried to make it short and sweet lol

I was just banded yesterday. I feel great!! No pain so far. I look forward to start shedding the pounds.

hello, i was banded on march1st and just wanted to say i hope your surgery goes great and cant wait to hear how you did!! good luck to you!!!

hello, i was banded on march1st and just wanted to say i hope your surgery goes great and cant wait to hear how you did!! good luck to you!!!

Michael: Congradulations!!! I hope you are doing well. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will let you know how I'm doing after surgery on 3/24. Keep up the good work. Eileen