Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for March 2010 bandsters threads

Mine is tomorrow!

Ok, I'm actually strangely calm. I am more excited about the end result.

I should be petrified since I've never been under, although I've had 2 c-sections, so I've been through abdominal surgery before...

The pre-op diet was ok. The only tough part was was today when I was on a clear liquid diet. I was SO hungry and lightheaded ALL DAY! Tomorrow should be easier since I'm guessing I won't have much of an appetite.

I can't wait to start the rest of my life!

I'm going tomorrow too! Good luck to you! :biggrin:

Hi btrieger,

Why skeptical? About what in particular? You've done really well in weight loss already. I hope you're proud ... !

Dayna

Hi btrieger,

Why skeptical? About what in particular? You've done really well in weight loss already. I hope you're proud ... !

Dayna

I am skeptical about EVERYTHING. Nothing ever goes the way I planned. So, I refuse to believe it until I see it.

Thanks!

I am a little proud but as much as the first 2 times I last over 100. I gained it all back and then some and that is very depressing.

I could always lose weight easily. I'm hoping the band will help me keep it off.

You're going to do fine. You have been my inspiration these past weeks. You cheer all of us on and keep us positive and now it's our turn to help you. You are fighter and a positive

thinker, that's what has kept me going. I'm having my surgery on 3/24 and I read your messages every day to keep me going. Please keep us updated, as I'm sure you will. We want every little detail don't leave anything out. thanks and good luck Eileen:thumbup:

Hi

Mine is on the 4th. I'm excited and can't wait.

Luckily (?) I've had surgery several times, including 2 weeks ago, so I have no fears about surgery or anaesthetic. Just looking forward to a permanent weight loss, I'm sick of being a yo-yo dieter and feeling like a failure.

Have been on Optifast diet for 6 days, hungry but can cope 'cause there's an end in sight.

Bring it on.

Thanks for the well-wishes folks.

I'm heading for the hospital in about 3 hours. Slept like a baby last night.

I'll give a full report when I get back which hopefully will put some of you at ease. Look out though, I will be honest. If there is gross stuff, I won't leave it out.

Good luck to all of the other having surgery today!! I'll see you in Bandland.

I am March 1st!! Can't wait!

I had mine yeterday as well. How are you doing? I was shocked at how great I feel. The pain is very minimal.

Hey Guys!

I was banded yesterday as well and just wanted to let you all know that it was amazing to me how well I felt after! I apparently also had a large hernia that needed to be repaired so I'm a little sore from that but I've been trying to get up and walk around as much as possible.

Good luck to you all! I am so happy that I made this decision.

hello upstate ny here i'm being banded on march 18th only started this hole process december 18th.

So how did your surgury go? How are you feeling now? I have tons of questions. Think you can help?

Definitely excited and anxious about having the surgery in only 2 more days! Crazy how fast that came up. I'm so ready to not be a prisoner of food and able to eat small, normal portions! So ready. Good luck my fellow March bandsters :-).

I wish you the very best of luck. Hope all goes well for you. Please keep in touch with me to keep me informed as to how your progress goes. Take Care

Savanna: Good luck and God bless. Everything is going to be fine. Please let us all know how it went. As future bandsters were all excited to hear the good, bad and there won't be any more ugly for any of us any more, we will be strong, slim and beautiful for life. Eileen:thumbup:

Edited by caldwell33

Thanks for the encouraging words Caldwell and I sure will let you all know how it went! Peace and joy.

I'm almost disappointed that my surgery was uneventful and boing.

11:10 AM - Checked in the hospital

11:20 AM - Got brought a room to strip and put on a johnny

11:40 AM - Nurse inserted IV as prep

1:10 PM - Rolled to OR

2:20 PM - Woke up in recovery room feeling bloated

2:40 PM - Walked to x-ray and drank barium

3:20 PM - Was sent home

It has only been about 8 hours since I got home and the gas is subsiding.

I almost feel like nothing was done. I could actually go to work in the morning if I wanted but that ain't gonna happen.