Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for March 2010 bandsters threads

I am March 1st!! Can't wait!

I am March 1st too!!! I'm so excited. On liquid diet now. Everything's looking like a cheeseburger but I'm still excited. Going thru pre-op testing now. What about you?

this is my 2nd week on the diet and really don't know if i have lost anything but i am sticking to it...I just feel lost for some reason.

I definitely know how you feel. I'm just kinda upset that my dr's office isn't giving me ANY information. Its like I have to ask all the right questions to get the right answers. Its upsetting, but I'm glad that I've found this site, and can find any answers on here that they don't give. I don't know if I would have even went through with it if it wasn't for this site. :sad:

i hear you! what i got was very little but this and other sites have helped me alot.

I am scheduled for March 11th. Thankfully my isurance is covering it. I am so nervous but I am ready for the lifestyle change. I have been eating not so well though. I just kinda wanna try a little bit of everything I wont be able to eat after I have the surgery...lol But I know mentally that I am ready. I hope and wish every one success!!! I am new here, so I am really looking for support and reading other people's stories as well!:sad:

i am going for the my required seminar. i do not know what to expect.

Hi Fern,

My surgery date is March 22nd and I can't wait!!!! I am finding it harder to control myself closer to the surgery date. I am having my surgery done in Mexico because I am self pay so there isn't as much doctor patient interaction before hand. I have gained a few pounds in the last few weeks because I have been eating so much. Feel like I will never be able to eat normal again....which I know isn't true. I have three more weeks until my pre-op diet. I have started to taper down a bit.

I find that I am really excited and scared and nervous. But I know that I am making the right choice. I cannot wait until the pounds start creeping down! Does anyone else feel like this is the start of a new life. I seem to be putting things off until after the surgery. Like getting my hair highlighted for example. It is like I feel like there isn't a point right now. I actually feel more ashamed about my weight now than I ever did before and sort of like I cannot do anything until after the surgery. I know this is not a healthy mindset. Does anyone else feel like this?

I can totally relate. My surgery date is 3/15/10 and after being on prednisone for a an unrelated issue I ended up putting on about 10lbs. I'm back down to my original pre-surgery weight but haven't lost any of my weight for surgery as of yet and I only have 3 weeks left. I also keep thinking about what life will be like after the band, putting things off like starting to work out etc....until after surgery. I dont think this mind set is good and it's only making time go even slower. :sad: any encouraging words from anyone that's been here before would surely help.

My date is for March 15!!!! It's unreal that it is almost here. I cant wait to start my life over.

i'm March 15th scheduled with dr oritiz in TJ Mexico. where are you having your surgery?

Fern, my date is March 15th too! Yay for us!!!! :sad:

hi Ashli,

I'm being banded on the 15th of March as well. checked out your blog - I can totally relate to how you feel. have you started your pre-op diet yet? what are your plans for the diet? I've gotten my lean cuisines and Protein Drinks but haven't officially started.

Hi everyone,

My surgery is set for 3/22. What type of preop diet is everyone doing? I'm supposed to do a 5-day liquid diet with Atkins drinks and sugar-free Jello, broth, etc.

Hey Matilda,

I'm on a 4 week preop diet =(

4 weeks of shakes for every meal (optifast) and a very small plate of broccolli, cauliflower, cabbage, pumpkin and onion with my tea shake.. all Water and sugar free drinks!

My op is the 10th of March!

March 10th !!!

I see the nutritionist again on Wednesday to start the pre-op diet.

I've been afraid to post my surgery date on here for fear something else will happen to set it back again. I'm crossing my fingers and eyes for good luck.

Hello Fellow March Bandsters,

I am scheduled for surgery on March 11th. I am self pay and nervous

:redface:

Hello All.....I am hoping to be a March bandster, but I do not have a surgery date as of yet. BC/BS Federal approved me about a week after submitting paperwork. Now, I have to attend a mandatory pre-op class on March 1...after this the Dr. will schedule the surgery date :frown: I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I am also a little worried as every since I was approved on 2/18, my eating habits are getting to be a bit outrageous :sad: I know I am ready for this mentally, but I need a surgery date ASAP!

Wendy

Oh my gosh, I know what you mean about eating behavior getting out of control. Even though I know I can still eat post lap-band, I am eating everything like it is my last meal. It's not logical.

I'm going to take advantage of my pre-op liquid diet to get my head straight. I've heard from several others in the forums that this was a good turning point for them. I know it will interrupt this crazy cycle.

Good luck to you getting your date!

Thank you Drasan....I'm glad to see I'm not the only one eating like crazy these days.

I know what you mean about being scared to post the surgery date. This process is not going fast enough for me. I think once I actually get a date, I will believe that it may happen.....I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed too.