Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Permanent Make up

Hi, I havent posted in a long time but I wanted everyones advice, I am interested in finding out information on permanent makeup, I dont wear alot of make but pencil eyeliner and lip gloss but I wanted to get my eyes done permanently so I only have to wear lip gloss. Can anyone tell me their experince with this, did you like it? Would you do it again if you could? Where did you go? (I am in Lakewood, California) Please I really want to find out peoples experience about this topic.

By the way I restarted my weight loss after about of year of being off the wagon and gaining 15 pounds, I already lost 5 and its been only 3 weeks, I went back to the gym and I am getting a trainer to help me loose the last 15 pounds.

Thanks in advance.

First off congrats on getting back on the wagon! Now, I'm sorry I have no advice about the makeup but I really hope people respond to your question because I am also wanting this and would love to hear the feedback. I wear more then just eyeliner but it's the one thing I cannot go without. I just feel blah and as my grandbabie would say "I'm nakie" without it.

I had my eyeliner put on a year ago. Top and bottom, I really like it because I have blond eyelashes and I looked washed out when I don't have my makeup on. I greatly underestimated the freaky-ness of having it done. Not painful but I can't even put in eye drops by myself. So I would recommend a good relaxing agent beforehand.

I've had eyebrows and eyeliner done a few times. It's been awesome! As with any tatoos, it starts to fade over time and should be touched up every year or so to keep it looking fresh. It's wonderful not to have everything wash off when you go swimming, sweat at the gym or simply wear off during the day. The esthetician used a numbing solution so the discomfort was very minimal. Eyes were a little puffy the next day, but nothing major. I'll definitely have it done again when it's time.

I am so excited to get your responses, thank you! I want it done so i dont have to ever worry about my make up smearing, I have droopy eyes so when I wear my make up on top it always smears and i hate it so I stopped using it that way. What is the cost of permanent make up? Where did you go?

Thanks again for the people who take time to response, I dont usually post because the few time I have i dont really get much response.

I would still love to see if their is more people with more advice.

I had mine done at a day spa. In Texas you have to be licensed. This is just like any other tattoo, make SURE that you SEE the tech take the needles out of a sealed pouch that has been in the autoclave. If you go to have it done and the tech says "Oh I just got the equipment ready and the needle is already in the gun", RUN LIKE YOU ARE ON FIRE! They need to be able to work with gloves on as well. Do not feel shy about asking the health protection procedures. If they do things like they should be they will be proud to show you.

I live in Virginia and I checked the prices around here and the average seems to be $450.00 for upper and lower lids and $450.00 for the lips. I don't know if thats high or low because I have nothing to compare it too.

Wow thats a little pricey, I got one quote over the phone for $200 eyes, 225 lipliner and 300 for the whole lips.
I thought it might be, But there's only a couple of places around here that do it so I guess thats why. Also the place has a good rep so I guess they can get away with it.

I think you just have to really look around and find out if the place is safe and clean, its a tatoo so you want to make sure the needles and everything else is steral and very clean. The more I see on you tube the videos about permanent make up the more I want to get it done.

I had my eyes and eyebrows done and love it. My eyeliner was done the first time about 10 years ago and I had it redone about 2 years ago. At that time, she talked me into having my eyebrows done. I didn't want Bette Davis eyebrows, but she did a really subtle job--I'm extremely happy with both.

I live in Oregon--the cost was $100 per lid to retouch ($400 total). The eyebrow cost was about $250 I think.

She used a numbing agent with me as well. It's difficult to lay there while she does the eyes, but it doesn't really hurt, more like a pinch feeling over and over again.

I've heard lips are very painful. Lipliner not as painful as filling in the entire lip and worse at your TOM.

I am certified in micropigmentation (along with being a hairstylist & makeup artist) & i have the say its a great procedure. Please be sure to research places in your area & do NOT go to the cheapest place. Its the same as getting a tattoo, you want someone who has good experience and good skills. Depending on where you live, the price varies. In Denver, its between $200-$450 depending on what you are doing. Honestly, the lips do have to be redone more than the eyes because that area doesnt hold the pigment as well over the years, it will fade faster. Of course, if you go to the same person for both the original procedure & touch up, the touch up will be less expensive.

Just a piece of advice. Good luck!

If there's one way I can say my face is aging, its in my lips I notice it. At 42 I'm not yet worried by wrinkles and such, but my lips have faded and the lipline is uneven. I would love my entire lips done, but very natural. I dont want to really look like I'm wearing bright lipstick. I dont really wear make up, dont like it, but I do like just a touch of liner, mascara and lipgloss to make my features look even. But I hate a made up look. So I'm tempted, but afraid that I'd look like I had a full face of make up on at the gym!

I periodically trawl these threads and look online but I've never been brave enough to do it.

I had my eyeliner (top/bottom), eyebrows and full lips (done 2x). I love it. It makes getting ready in morning so fast and when working out no smears. Lips are very natural color( didn't go dark). Only wear clear gloss. For me eyes were more painful than lips. I think this is because the numbing stuff didn't have enough time to act before she got started. She was licensed and very good, clean/sterilie and highly recommended. Been doing it years. It doesn't take long either. It was $350 for me to have all 3 done, in Lubbock Tx. This was 2 years ago. My mom, sister and me had our perm makeup done on same day. It was fun.

I'm not sure I'd have eyes done again. But who knows,. No pain/no gain.

I had upper/lower eye liner tattooed about 5 years ago. It didn't even last a year, and it was painful! My eyes were swollen for more than a day. I don't know if it was the technique used or what because I usually have a high tolerance to pain. It also cost me almost $500.00. As everyone else stated, do you research first!