Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so hungry...help???

Might sound disgusting, but I burped a few times just now and that felt so much better. My surgery was at 6am this morning and I think I'm doing pretty darn good!

Never thought a burp would be so good! Congrats on your surgery. Things will only get amazingly better from now on.

Good luck!

I'm only 10 days post-op. Had a rough go for about 6 days but finally the nausea is gone as is most of the pain and now I am READY TO EAT! I'm physically and mentally hungry and so tired of Protein shakes, sugar free pudding and broth. I don't know what else to eat! I've gotten so desperate for chewing that I did break down and eat a few crackers after totally dissolving them in my mouth. When did you guys start adding stuff back in or what did you eat in the meantime?:confused:

I totally feel your pain. I thinned down mashed potatoes with skim milk and it was kinda soupy but tasted good. My doctor just said anything you can suck through a straw so I took it to heart and made my bf go get me a small vanilla shake. It was the best thing I had had in forever. It's probably the only time post-op I will be able to get away with drinking a shake but it boosted my calories and made me feel pretty darn good. Hope you are doing well. Keep on trucking.

I was banded on 1-26-10 as well, and I am about to lose my mind. I too am getting tired of Protein shakes and I am trying very hard to stick to it and doing a pretty decent job, but I want FOOD! I get Mushies in week 3. I can't wait. They say this phase will pass pretty quick. I am trying, as hard as it is, to follow doctors orders!

Good luck Everyone!

I am on pureed--no chunks or chewing yet, so whatever I puree, has to consistency of mashed potatoes, apple sauce or sugar-free pudding. I now add some frozen bananas and strawberries to shakesand blend well. Those sugar-free syrups also help given them different flavors. I also did the creamy chicken soup--also pureed Hormel turkey chilli until it was mush. That and mashed potatoes (had to thin those out as I had trouble getting them down) have been the most satisfying. Also got a recipe for a sweet potato custard. I avoid Soups with Pasta and rice. I have not eaten cream of wheat or oatmeal, either. Sunday I transition to soft/mushie--I cannot wait to chew.:confused:

I'm along with you here!! My stomach is growling like crazy and I can't tell you how much I want a hot dog (of all things!)

OMGosh you are reading my mind... Well, okay truthfully I'm not starving or anything, but for the last few days, I have been really craving one of them big fat Kosher costco hot Dogs! I bought a package of the smaller sized ones a week ago but since my 2nd fill on Tuesday I can't eat hardly anything, so they are sitting in the freezer... And I think about them constantly! I keep telling myself, that this too shall pass... For now, I am living on broths, cream Soups and super runny oatmeal or refried Beans as everything else keeps getting stuck in my throat...

Good luck and stay strong....

Hi All , my surgery was on 1/ 28, was doing ok till saturday , sick of the broth and sugar free popsicles, today i had about 2 oz of Tomato Soup and a sugar free fudgesickle , i feel soo guilty!!:angry: , was that ok, since my discharge papers only said clear broth.

Wow seems like everyone else's doctor's are strict with the post op diet. I was on liquids for only one week and it really wasn't bad, because I didn't feel like eating. But by the end of the 1st week I was starting to get hungry and then was able to start on mushies. I am still on mushies right now, but they also have crackers listed on my mushy list. I think I would have died if I would have been on liquids more than a week. I have really pushed the bar with what I call "mushy" and I have reflux really bad now, so I need to get back on the wagon!!

Hang in there, I had my surgery on 1/27, it is tough but a few more days and you should be free to eat? I agree some Soups could really help if nothing else.

I'm only 10 days post-op. Had a rough go for about 6 days but finally the nausea is gone as is most of the pain and now I am READY TO EAT! I'm physically and mentally hungry and so tired of Protein shakes, sugar free pudding and broth. I don't know what else to eat! I've gotten so desperate for chewing that I did break down and eat a few crackers after totally dissolving them in my mouth. When did you guys start adding stuff back in or what did you eat in the meantime?:)

hi! i am 18 days post op and i was hungry too!!! sooo hungry! i ate mashed potatoes, they saved my life!!! now i am starting to eat more solids... it wasnt as bad as i thought six weeks and just starting to eat, i am eating just fine and i keep loosing weight! make smart choices, keep your portions small! oh i just remembered, oatmeal also saved my life!!! it fills u up really good!!!! i weighed myself this morning and i am down another 4 lbs in a week! i list 10 the first week... but now i am eating more and i feel great! i havent exercised though, so i think if i exercise i could lose even more!!! dont worry, its really tough at first but u can do it, keep telling urself that!!! good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

I feel your pain! I was banded on 1/26/10 also and I am just getting to the point where I'm getting hungry especially in the late afternoon, evening time. My Dr. requires 3 weeks of fulll liquid diet!!!!

I eat cream of wheat, that seems to fill me up in the morning. And I have also blended cream Soup, cream of chicken, potatoe soup and even bean with bacon soup (this one was really good :) My blender is super powered and it blends it to smothie consistency. Some of the thicker Soups seem to hold me better. I'm sure after 3 weeks I'm going to be so sick of soup....LOL! I also have ff pudding (that's thicker so it helps), applesauce, yogurt and drink lots of Water, crystal light and tea. I make myself have a couple protien shakes (or I have the unflavored I can mix w/ soup), althought your right they do kind of taste yuck right now for some reason! It seems to help to add stuff, like I added 1/2 banana and blended to liquid. Also like someone else said the sugar free suyrup is pretty good. Hope that helps! Hang in there....I defiently feel your pain :angry:

O.K. I must confess....I've been eating crackers almost every day. Not many - maybe 6-8. I'm holding them in my mouth and making them into mush but it is SOOO helping the hunger and frustration. I've tried plain saltines, cheez-its and a few pretzels. Tonight, I sliced a potato thinly, put it in a corning ware dish with a couple spoonfuls of Water and covered it with plastic wrap. Microwaved for about 5 minutes and then added a bit of velveeta cheese. It was the most delicious thing! Of course it was just like eating cheesy mashed potatoes but I tried some MP from KFC the other day and the fat from the gravy upset my bowels. This way I could control the amount of fat. Not an ideal choice for every day but it was such a delicious change of pace, easy, quick and satisfying. I can't do eggs unless they are hard boiled so got to wait another week or so for that. I did tell my P.A. about the crackers today. She did not freak out...just asked if they were going down ok!