Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2010 bandsters, good luck!

Hello,

February will mark a year that I've been banded, and I just wanted to wish all of you the best of luck. I'm remembering what it was like for me, and I will be thinking of each of you as you begin a new and wonderful journey.

I wrote a poem, which I want to share with you all, but it's for anyone of any month who can relate.

Again, the best of luck!

'twas the day before surgery I was kind of scared. ,

I wanted to be sure that I was prepared.

Two weeks of full liquids, last two days, clear ones;

My newfound lap band friends, coworkers and dear ones.

I attended support groups, and drank Protein Shakes.

I hoped that I hadn't made any mistakes.

All my pre op testing had finally been done,

And now the countdown to band day had begun.

I went to work, trying to keep busy all day;

I wanted to keep all my worries at bay.

I've lost weight, that's great; but did my liver shrink?

What if, post op, I don't get enough to drink?

Will I wake up in pain? Will I wake up at all?

Will I be anxious to walk round the halls?

Once the band is inside, will I know that it's there

As we become partners and this journey share?

Now all systems are go, everything is in place.

I'm nearing the finish line, at the end of the race.

I'll visit my friends on the lap band web site,

And hope I won't be overtaken by fright.

It's hard to believe that the day's finally here!

The hoops I've jumped through, the frustration, the fear.

At the end of this journey, there's a golden light

With hope for the future growing ever more bright.

Debbie.

I like your poem Debbie. I am going in on the 3rd for my surgery. Thanks for the well wishes. I am glad things are going well in your journey.

Thank you outside*looking*in, and good luck. I hope everything goes well for you. Please let us know.

Debbie

Thank you Debbie! Tha poem is great! :angry: I have my pre-op appt Friday then start my 2 week diet on Saturday, counting down to Feb 23rd!!!

Carmen, I'm glad you liked it! Thank you!

Debbie

I really enjoyed the poem- thanks for sharing. I'm in day 5 of the pre-op diet- just got lab result from pre-op testing and I have a urinary tract infection. I have to take antibitoics and because my stomach is empty (well empty for me) its making me very nauseous. Thanks for the encouragement!

Rosetta, I'm sorry about the urinary tract infection. When is your surgery?

Hang in there and hopefully you'll look back on this time and say, "Glad I got through that!"

Debbie

Rosetta, I'm sorry your in discomfort, but at least you'll still be able to have the surgery. See you sometime in the hallways, next Friday!

Sally

Debbie, Thanks for sharing your poem. It is nice to know others have felt similiarly to how I feel.

Thanks - But no idea I even had a urinary tract infection- i see my PCP today at 3:30 and hopefully no delays in my surgery-I'm scheduled 2/12.

Looking forward to walking the halls Patsal- getting very anxious! How is your pre-op diet going?

Rosetta,

So far the pre-op diet has been ok. It took a little tweeking to get it to work for me as far as not being hungry at night. I can't say it has been easy or enjoyable, but if it has to be done than it is worth it! I do miss food though:cursing:

Pre-op diet is going- that's about all I can say, my head keeps telling me it will be over in another week. The reality is it's just the beginning. I was going along pretty well till I walked into Wegman's last night the smells were enough to make me drool- I got out of there as quickly as possible- barely did any shopping. Looks like the family will be starving too- just kidding. Good luck Patsal

One more week is the mantra here as well. I figure after surgery I won'tbe so much caring about food as I am now. I had a wonderful sugarfree Jello birthday treat form teh girls at work, while they enjoyed cupcakes. I have been shopping at Aldi for most of my families needs...no great smells like Wegmans so I feel a bit safer. Weekdays are easier than weekends, so now I have to psych myself up for hte next two days. Good luck Rosetta!

Thanks for the well wishes! I start my preop diet on Wednesday and my surgery date is the 22nd of February... just can hardly wait now :thumbup:

I'll be 2 years out on February 15!

Best wishes to you all! Walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip, and cough, cough, cough after surgery.

Keep your chins up during the pre-op, it sucks but is soooo worth it to be as healthy as you can for the surgery!