Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

Hi everyone! March 15th Bandster. I'm soo impressed by all your weightloss!!! WOW-WOW! I've had a fill every 6 weeks or so. I have about 6ccs, and am going to encourage an adjustment at my next appt October 7th. I've just felt my hunger increase. I exercise a lot and am certainly adding back muscle and toning, but having a tough time loosing on 1300-1400 calories a day. My diet still includes carbs...hummm.... seems like everyone is doing way better without them. I was told just to eat them sparingly which I do.. I burn about 900 calories during my workout daily. I loose about a pound a week. Sometimes none. To loose any more I have to do a lot of Meal Replacement shakes. I'm slow... sometimes mind state is tolerable, sometimes frustrating because i work out alot. I've lost 25lbs since surgery. Now that I did the math I'm sad! I'm 195. Victory to be in Onderland, and seeing an empty closet. Total WL close to -50. I think I have 40 to go.

I'm slow, too, about a pound a week, and that's fine with me. Congratulations on your milestone, Fern!!!!

Hi everyone! March 15th Bandster. I'm soo impressed by all your weightloss!!! WOW-WOW! I've had a fill every 6 weeks or so. I have about 6ccs, and am going to encourage an adjustment at my next appt October 7th. I've just felt my hunger increase. I exercise a lot and am certainly adding back muscle and toning, but having a tough time loosing on 1300-1400 calories a day. My diet still includes carbs...hummm.... seems like everyone is doing way better without them. I was told just to eat them sparingly which I do.. I burn about 900 calories during my workout daily. I loose about a pound a week. Sometimes none. To loose any more I have to do a lot of meal replacement shakes. I'm slow... sometimes mind state is tolerable, sometimes frustrating because i work out alot. I've lost 25lbs since surgery. Now that I did the math I'm sad! I'm 195. Victory to be in Onderland, and seeing an empty closet. Total WL close to -50. I think I have 40 to go.

Congrats on the 50 pounds you've lost!!!

Life is not a race. If it were, do you know anyone in a hurry to get to the finish line?

The closer you are to your goal, the more the loss slows. Even if your aren't losing at all, it sure beats gaining. Doesn't it?

Keep your chin up and be proud of your accomplishments.

Well, I get to go back under the knife on Monday. At almost seven months post op, my incision (single incision through the belly button) was still open and draining fluids (my dr doesn't suture it shut, just glues it). After three bouts of antibioticsand waiting and waiting, I went in today to ask him to please just stitch it shut. He pushed down by my port (right above the incision) and pus came out. He's opening me back up Monday to move the port and clean out the incision area. Fun!

Laura,

Good Luck to you on Monday.

I will be thinking of you.

Let us know how it goes.

Cynthia

Laura,

So sorry to hear about the incision...I guess there are always complications and we know the risks and im sure you are still happy that you did the surgery....this is just a glitch that and this too will pass.

Good luck...and will have you in my thoughts come Monday.

Let us know how you are.....we are here.

Thanks guys! I'm not yet nervous about it, but annoyed more than anything. I'm going to take off Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) to recoup. I can't see trying to be on my feet all day and wrangle a bunch of fifth grades less than 24 hrs after surgery. I'm annoyed because I have to use one of my precious few sick days.

In the end, I would definitely do it all again. I hit the 220's this morning for the first time in 10 years. That alone has made me happy I've done this.

Hi everyone....

Hope all is well...

Hit 148 this week so..another 15 to 20 to go....so happy and feeling great.

I had to get rid of another set of clothes and down to 10-12. I never thought Id fit into anything below a 12 ever again...

I was in Vegas last week for vacation to meet some of the woman who are on this site for support...another thread. Had an amazing weekend with them all and it was a wonderful experience.

It was a weekend support group. lol

Couldnt get better then that....everyone exchanged information all weekend I found it very helpful. Of course I have friends who I stayed with other wise wouldnt have flown that far but sure am glad I did!! Really reafirmed for me the last 6 months and put be back on target. We also went shopping together and interestingly enough....no one really was buying the correct size clothing ...and it took the group to kind of say hey.....wait you should be trying on this size or that size.....that was really interesting as for me personally I would never have tried on anything but a size 14 but as things are getting looser ive started to try on some 12s....but when we started to look at things to try on at this one store....the other woman were like..honey you need to try on 10;s not 12;s and we would like to see you try some skinny jeans....hmmm???what>?? me???

but I tried those 10 and heck they fit like a glove!!! Got me those two pairs of skinny jeans and wouldnt take them off the whole weekend!! Still wearing them! (after washing)

Whod have thunk that?? Would never have tried this..until the 12's would have been falling off as I walked as the 14's were starting to but...just was uncomfortable with the idea of something too small? too tight??? Not really sure...but was wondering if anyone had any feelings about the clothes fitting and wearing too big too small etc?

Suffice to say..went to thrift store and stocked up on 10s...lol

I am down to 147 with another 20 to go....Food wise is going well.....as far as exercise well....that isnt. Plan on getting back to gym and trainer this week on Monday...that is my plan. (Please let me keep to it)!

Laura, glad to hear you are in a good state.

No....I wouldnt want to be on my feet all day with fifth graders either...so you are good to take take the day off to recoup.

Well...hope all is well.

Have a great week

Jodi

Surgery went well- almost no pain. The Dr moved my ort and sewed (yay!) my incision shut. I am in tremendous pain right now- Tuesday I was having severe stabbing pelvic pain. Several hours in the ER needed to find out I have a bad kidney infection. I'm taking an oxycotin every 4 hrs for the pain, and it's barely taking the edge off. I'm hoping the antibiotics help clear it up, fast!

Surgery went well- almost no pain. The Dr moved my ort and sewed (yay!) my incision shut. I am in tremendous pain right now- Tuesday I was having severe stabbing pelvic pain. Several hours in the ER needed to find out I have a bad kidney infection. I'm taking an oxycotin every 4 hrs for the pain, and it's barely taking the edge off. I'm hoping the antibiotics help clear it up, fast!

wow...you sure are a trouper. Hope you feel better soon!!!

Most sincere wishes for a speedy recovery!

The bad thing is I can barely move without pain, so I've put on three pounds from lack of activity and exercise. I've bannned myself from weighing myself until next Saturday, because it's driving me crazy.

On a different note, I'm not sure how/why people are becoming addicted to oxycotin. It's great if you're in pain, but makes me feel so fuzzy headed.

Laura,

Sure hope the doctor did what was needed. Sending good juju your way.

Hello All,

I hope that everyone is doing well. Laura - I hope that you are feeling better and that you are back on your weightloss journey.

So it is now 7 1/2 months post surgery and it seems like it was just yesterday! Can you all believe that we have been living with our band for over half a year?!?

Life has changed so much. Not only in how much I have lost, but in how I feel. I am down 84 pounds - and am still losing an average of about 2 pounds a week. The weight loss seems to be slowing down a bit, but I am very satisfied with the loss rate either way. I am over half way to goal, but I think that I will now re-evaluate my goal and lower it.

I am an avid walker and just ordered some winter exercise gear. Cold weather and snow will not stop me! I thank my 2 walking buddies all the time - I never would have been this committed without them!

My closet shelves are beginning to empty and I love it!!! Down from a 32 to a 22! Still a long way to go, but I am SO happy!

Let me know how everyone is doing!

Cynthia

My pain from the surgery is great. My pain from the UTI is still intense. I'm going to go to instacare tomorrow if it hasn't lessened.

I finally got ahold of my surgeopn today (a week after the surgery). I'm going to have to go in for a third. I thought he had just moved the port, but he removed in completely. He said he didn't want to move it elsewhere because he didn't want the bacteria from the infection to stay in the port and be moved over. I'm going to see if I can have my third surgery for port replacement right before Thanksgiving (so I don't have to take any more time off).