Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

Hi Guys,

I hope that your summer is going well. It has been 4 and a half months since my lapband surgery and all is going well. Went today for my 4TH fill - .5cc - to a total of 7.5cc in my 14cc band. I have been eating too much volume lately, so hopefully this small fill will make a difference. liquids today and mushies tomorrow, so won't know if it makes a difference for a few days.

We just got back from Bermuda yesterday and although I ate quite nicely, I still lost a pound! One of the highlights of the trip though - I did not need a seatbelt extender on the airplane! The seat was actually not too bad as well!

I haven't walked in 3 weeks though, due to sciatic (sp?) pain. Vacation was just what the doctor ordered! No more back pain, so tonight I am walking with my walking buddy again. Hopefully I won't be huffing and puffing too badly. I just wish it wasn't 94 degrees outside.

I am giving clothing away so quickly and just love it. Down from a 34 to a 24! I have so many different sizes in my closet that I haven't had to buy anything new as of yet - a winter coat will probably be my first new item that I have to purchase. I cannot wait!

I hope that everyone is losing and doing well.

Cynthia

I'm joining the March 2010 bandsters a little late. Sorry!

Date of Surgery: March 15

Where Surgery will be: Salt Lake City, UT

Doctor/Center: Dr. Daniel Cottam, Surgical Weight Loss center

Seminar date: Dec 11 2009

1st consult date: Nov 25, 2009- PCM referral. IT was my 28 b-day.

2nd consult: Met with surgeon in Feb. can't remember the exact date- sorry!

Consults and tests completed: All tests and consults done

Tests still needed: N/A

How is surgery funded? Insurance

Concerns? What if I have this surgery and STILL fail to lose weight

Reason for banding? This is my reason for doing this:

DSC06234-1.jpg

My 2.5 year old daughter.

Welcome aboard Laura.

Hi everyone,

I'm averaging about 10 pounds a month since surgery and knocking off small goal after small goal.

Saturday I hit 222 which was a milestone because it is 1 pound less than my roommate weighed when he moved out in March. I was 140+ pounds heavier than him just last September.

Some time in the next few days I should hit my next goal, double-digits (kilos of course). Then it a toss up between getting to Onderland and weighing less than my puppy. He about 195-200 pounds and gaining.

Just wanted to stop in; brag and say hi.

Hi everyone,

seems really quiet in here....where is everyone. I know...vacations.

Well, hope everyone is enjoying there summmer....and feeling great.

I just got my third..or fourth fill, not sure. lol. 4th month. maybe three. Have lost 50 llbs. Another 20 to go.

This summer has been really amazing.....firstly for the first time...Im wearing bathing suits at the beach and not covering up even walking for miles just in that bathing suit...and im looking hot! lol Well, not as hot as the 20 yr olds but for 45 not bad at all. Im happy!!

Eating right, feeling good. Exercising daily. Still have my trainer twice weekly. Have been going at least 2x more to gym for cardio.

Last night bowled for first time since weight training started...and now am using a 12 ball. lol

I like you Cynthia have been going through clothing like crazy! I clean out my closet twice monthly. Ive given away all the clothes that are too big every damn stich of them...as they will never have a place in my closet again.

I have replaced them with the most amazing clothing that my step mother has given me....she was a CEO of a major company and had just retired before my surgery....and now is not wearing any of her work clothes,...and she is a size `14-16...and hello.....here I am at 12-14. For the past two months have been dressed to kill...lol Olmost a good incentive to stay at this size but not enough!!!! Will be taking all these clothes at the end of the month and having them altered they are so worth it...and I cant afford to buy anything new at all....so must do that. Eventually wont be able to do that anymore but for the next 6 months ill be okay. Then hopefully ill win the lottery. lol

Had my three month blood tests done two weeks ago...and i seem to have a Vitamin D defficiency. So, now am taking 5,000 a day. Cant understand that one....If I went to my dermatologist today shed kick my butt if she saw how tan I was....lol but, guess im not absorbing the "D".

Well....theres my update for the week.

Cynthia, sounds like you had a great vacation all in all! Thats great. When I went to Fire Island for the week I gained three pounds. Since lost it and another 5 pounds but was so dissapointed. It happens I hear...so be proud very very proud!! Keep up the great work.

Laura, Welcome....and its never to late to join any thread....

Your reason is a great one!!! Shes adorable. Mine was my 11 yr old. Children seem to be some of most driving forces for getting healthy. Good luck and keep up the good work. Exercise and eating right....changing the lifestyle that weve had before surgery will keep off the weight.....thats the only way. So....we will always have to do the above..forever.

Our driving force.....

our children!!!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.

Bob, Hi Sounds like you are doing great!! Thanks for the post....keep in bragging, youve earned the right too!!! I seem to be loosing about 10 a month as well however this past three weeks only lost 5 pds. Not to worry....they will come off shortly. lol

Hope all is well with everyone else. Would love to hear some updates....at least once monthly would be great.

Have a great week all.

Jodi

Hiya I am still here... I am just been having a rough time recently and havent had the desire to come here when everyone else is doing so good..

I had surgery at 290 lbs(lost 12lbs for surgery) I am 260 today.. I have been stuck at 260ish for like 2 weeks.. I bounce back and forth between 262 and 258..

I am working out hard, lifting 4 days a week and running 3-4 times a week. I know the area of weakness is my diet, I am so good for a few days and that i screw it up eating crap. I still think in my heart i am burning more then i am eating( i have the bodybugg that measure my calorie burn) but the weight isnt coming off..

I have only had one fill of 3 cc i think. The thing is, i know if i ate more slowly and didnt drink with meals i am not sure i need a fill.. I know that every day is a new day and i try to focus on being good one meal at a time..

Hi Lifting Chic -

You are actually doing great! I was also going through a rough period, but a fill helped SO much. I am now at 8 CCs in a 14 CC band - even if I wanted to drink with my meals, I couldn't. As they say - this is no easy road we are all traveling, but if your band is not at its sweet spot, then it is just like being on a diet - and you know how far that has gotten us all in the past!

If you want someone to be accountable to and to encourage you - feel free to email me.

Keep up the good work.

Cynthia

cynpatt@yahoo.com

I am still here March Bandsters. i do not log in because its summer at the Jersey shore. My husband and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary July 25th. He works 6 days a week all closing shifts so I barely see him at night. By the time he gets home I am ready for bed because I spend the day with a 2 year old.

I was banded at 209 lbs. I lost 16 right there that first week post op. I have then since steadily lost weight. I currently have 7cc's in a 10 cc band. My surgeon did not fill that last appointment and that was july 1st. I am about 173 now. I have alot of NSV's even as of last week.

I still no longer eat carbs and such no bread, Pasta or rice.Im usually out and about the whole day which leaves little room for exercise. I am guilty that I have been in a rut but I am constantly losing still.

I'm having a rough period, but it's different from yours. Most days I feel like I can eat anything, want to snack a lot, etc. When I eat, though, I eat so little because I'm having issues with things coming back up. Sometimes I can eat for several days without a problem. Then BAM, I'm PBing at almost every meal. I'm starting a new job teaching 5th grade soon. I haven't worked since my band (I actually lost my job 4 days before getting my surgery date, back in February!), and haven't had to worry about eating lunch in a short amount of time without PBing. I'm nervous, especially considering the kids eat in class with the teacher. Eeek!

Hiya I am still here... I am just been having a rough time recently and havent had the desire to come here when everyone else is doing so good..

I had surgery at 290 lbs(lost 12lbs for surgery) I am 260 today.. I have been stuck at 260ish for like 2 weeks.. I bounce back and forth between 262 and 258..

I am working out hard, lifting 4 days a week and running 3-4 times a week. I know the area of weakness is my diet, I am so good for a few days and that i screw it up eating crap. I still think in my heart i am burning more then i am eating( i have the bodybugg that measure my calorie burn) but the weight isnt coming off..

I have only had one fill of 3 cc i think. The thing is, i know if i ate more slowly and didnt drink with meals i am not sure i need a fill.. I know that every day is a new day and i try to focus on being good one meal at a time..

You are doing great!! Why you dont think so..I dont know. Have you only had one fill so far since surgery??? Perhaps this could be why you arent loosing more rapidly? Ive had a fill each month since the surgery and I believe this really helps! I think we have all lost most in the first few months and we are slowing slightely because we are getting used to eating again real foods..no more liquids or keeping to a Protein Shakes as Meal Replacements perhaps. Msybe our bodys are getting used to the exercises weve been doing and need new routines. The body gets used to the same type of exercises that we do..and use that to make us gain weight...as opposed to loosing..we need to shake up the routine and trick the body.....so the type of exercise we do each day needs to vary and never be the same two days in a row....this from my trainer who btw wont even do the same exercise the same way more then twice weekly if I see him more then twice weekly....so jogging everyday might not be the best way to loose as the body gets used to that....and compensates.

We need to go back to basics....eat slow...proteins, vegetables and get a variety of different activity to engage in every day.

Snacking and eating is good..as long as it is good food we are snacking on....

lets all remember why weve been banded and think about all that weve been through to get banded...and the reasons why....keep that journal....write it all down. what we eat, what activities we are engaging in, the Water intake.....

64 oz....a day.

Keep going....if youve entered a func....sit back and remember!!!! We have been getting a second chance at living healthy!!!

Have a great night all...

Jodi

How is everyone?

Wanted to check in.. today is my 6month bandiversary.. I am down almost 60lbs and Down to a size 16 pants (from 22/24).. Celebrated the day with with an 8 mile run :thumbup: I have fell in love with run and have run 3 5k's and running a 10k next weekend..

I've lost 58 pounds since surgery on March 2nd.

That same weight has bounced up and down for almost 2 months. I am in the midst of scheduling my panniculectomy in December.

Ive lost 40 since surgery only 40 more to go. I have an appt with my surgeon this week at some point, only for him to tell me that I do not need a fill. He stopped filling me at 7cc's in a 10cc bandand I have continuously lost weight since surgery on the 2nd. Ive been so busy this summer and Im finally joining a gym next month (october)I have lost some motivation with working out at home, but thats because I have been unable to get a job since my son was born. But now I have one so I am excited and motivated to continue on my lap band journey!

Down 80 pounds since my surgery on 3/5. Feeling great! Still have a lot to go, but I know that I will hit goal! Hoping to hit the 100 pound mark by New Year - wish me luck!

Good to hear from my march buddies. Ive lost 57 since my surgery march 16. I am soooooo happy! But I'm still having trouble with my wardrobe. I have nothing to wear. I'm having to buy new clothes. What NICE trouble to have. Keep it up everyone. You've got to be as happy as I am!

lost 85 since 3/15 surgery, but having issues. I went in on 9/10 to have afill because I was hungry a lot between meals . The Dr said she actually thought I was overfilled because I was vomiting once or twice a week. She told me if I vomited any more (she slightly unfilled me) that I should get a fluoroscope. I vomited three times in a week, so I scheduled the fluoro. I have it Wednesday to see if I'm (still) overfilled, or if the band has slipped.