Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

Got my second fill today. Only 1cc this time but I am down 3 lbs in 2 weeks. Go back for another fill in 2 more weeks. Now that the weather has warmed up and the rain has decided to stop I think I will start walking again on my breaks at work. When I was walking the weight seemed to come off faster.

Hey thats great thats like 1.5lbs a week :thumbup: I have been walking for 20mins during my 45mins lunch breaks.. its my secret weapon in losing more weight heheh :o

I had my surgery 3/15/10. I have had 3 fills I'm not sure how much my Dr. put in I'm going to call and ask today but I don't feel like I have any restrictions. I stop myself from eating anymore but if I didn't I would keep eating. I'm making sure it takes me at least 15 minutes to finish a meal but I just haven't hit that "sweet spot" I'll be glad when I get there. However I weighed this morning and I have hit 199 which put me under the 200 mark! YEAH ME! LOL!!!

I had my surgery 3/15/10. I have had 3 fills I'm not sure how much my Dr. put in I'm going to call and ask today but I don't feel like I have any restrictions. I stop myself from eating anymore but if I didn't I would keep eating. I'm making sure it takes me at least 15 minutes to finish a meal but I just haven't hit that "sweet spot" I'll be glad when I get there. However I weighed this morning and I have hit 199 which put me under the 200 mark! YEAH ME! LOL!!!

oh boy! onewonderland.. I have so long until then :rolleyes:

Where is everyone :thumbup::crying::smile2::crying::ohmy::crying:.. I miss you guys.. I remember back in the day there would be tons of posts on here..

I am doing good going to be one week out from my fill tomorrow. I did feel some resistance but not really anymore.. But I do notice that i stay full longer though.. I have only one close call and that was last night.. Friend of mine wanted me to pick her up wendys and I got a hamburger for me.. I was 1/3 done with it and I started having chest pain hehe I throw the rest in the fire (was at a bombfire) so I didnt think one second to try to keep eating it heheh!

I am down 4lbs this week.. I think its a comb. of my fill and my bodybugg which has been a godsent to me! Was 270 this morning.. Was 290 at surgery.. Hoping to get in the 250's for my 27th bday (june 21st)

Well check in sometime guys..

Good evening all, I was banded on March 29th, and am down 30 since surgery. I lost 15 pounds pre surgery. I went for my first fill on Tuesday. I too was worried about the first fill, but it was no big deal. My doc had me stand and lean back so that he could feel the port. He had me drink Water as he was filling and asked me to tell him where I felt the water. He filled me with 1.5 cc. I was on liquids for 3 days and yesterday started on mushies. I had some pork with Beans ( I made sure to chew really welll) and I didn't feel like it was in my throat, but I had a pain in my side near the port. Is that what being stuck feels like?

Hello All,

It has been a rough week - I don't yet have restriction, but am also feeling full between meals. I think my biggest issues with the band are recognizing the feeling of fullness early on, and secondly eating loo quickly with too large bites. It is deffinitly a learning curve. This week I am only down 1 pound, but that is better than gaining!

We decided to join the town pool this summer after not being a member for a few years. My bathing suit was huge on me :smile2: I think that I will have to purchace a new one before the season is over. I bought goggles and did 12 laps which equaled 1/4 mile in 15 minutes. I was so excited to see that I burned 210 calories. I am going to try to make it a daily swim once the pool hours are longer after June 25TH. The good news is that I am still going to do my daily walk tonight.:thumbup:

I know that a lot of you also walk - are you guys finding that your feet ache? I am finding this the limiting factor on how long that I can walk.

I hope that everyone is well!

Cynthia

Good evening all, I was banded on March 29th, and am down 30 since surgery. I lost 15 pounds pre surgery. I went for my first fill on Tuesday. I too was worried about the first fill, but it was no big deal. My doc had me stand and lean back so that he could feel the port. He had me drink Water as he was filling and asked me to tell him where I felt the water. He filled me with 1.5 cc. I was on liquids for 3 days and yesterday started on mushies. I had some pork with Beans ( I made sure to chew really welll) and I didn't feel like it was in my throat, but I had a pain in my side near the port. Is that what being stuck feels like?

I have chest pain and feel like i need to throw up when i have stuck feeling.

Hi everyone.....wow its been a while.

Ive been on vacation for the last two weeks on and off that is.

Weve been going out to Fire Island and even though there is internet connection...I dont feel like sitting in and getting stuck using computer instead of outside...at the beach or in town.

So far ive gotten two fills since surgery on March 9th. I have lost 45 lbs. and have been eating healthy. Ive got restriction...I think lol. Not hungry during the day.

Eating a Protein Bar for Breakfast, a piece of fish or chicken cutlet for lunch and then dinner is whatever lunch wasnt if im home....if out then ill have fish or some seafood something...mostly grilled something. lol

I have been keeping to the motto....less then 6g of sugar, and not more then 10-15% of daily recommended amts...on the labels. Have not eaten any "whites" as in bread, pastas etc.

Started eating some vegetables...broccoli, zuchini and salads.

I have been trying out new and different products that Ive never had before...canned Beans, chumus, pickels, qunoia, bulgur, millet..and a few other things like using sauces with no sugars....not worried about fat so much as sugar. Foods are going well....its the exercise that is a challenge to me!!

I hate hate hate to exercize....Have I made that clear?? Well, doing it anyways!! Twice with trainer and once alone now...im trying to do more but have a hard time getting to the damn gym. lol

well....things are just great!!! Down to a size 12 from 2x.

What a great feeling. I look and feel great. No more BP meds or Prevacid. Just the cholesterol and the pill that we need to take after surgery for six months so we dont get gall stones.

well.....I must be getting to sleep. Have a great night all.

Glad to see so many are doing so well!!

Keep up the good work fellow bandsters.

Jodi

Weve been going out to Fire Island and even though there is internet connection...I dont feel like sitting in and getting stuck using computer instead of outside...at the beach or in town.

So far ive gotten two fills since surgery on March 9th. I have lost 45 lbs. and have been eating healthy. Ive got restriction...I think lol. Not hungry during the day.

Eating a Protein bar for breakfast, a piece of fish or chicken cutlet for lunch and then dinner is whatever lunch wasnt if im home....if out then ill have fish or some seafood something...mostly grilled something. lol

I have been keeping to the motto....less then 6g of sugar, and not more then 10-15% of daily recommended amts...on the labels. Have not eaten any "whites" as in bread, pastas etc.

I have been trying out new and different products that Ive never had before...canned Beans, chumus, pickels, qunoia, bulgur, millet..and a few other things like using sauces with no sugars....not worried about fat so much as sugar. Foods are going well....its the exercise that is a challenge to me!!

I hate hate hate to exercize....Have I made that clear?? Well, doing it anyways!! Twice with trainer and once alone now...im trying to do more but have a hard time getting to the damn gym. lol

What a great feeling. I look and feel great. No more BP meds or Prevacid. Just the cholesterol and the pill that we need to take after surgery for six months so we dont get gall stones.

Jodi

Jodi you are doing great!!!!! I am in juniors size clothing for the first time in 2 years, and Ill tell you what that seeing the close a little big on me that I had already bought is a great feeling as well!

I hate to excersize probably more so then a lot of people. I have been slacking this last week with it, I would have lost more if I did it but my port site has been bothering me so I am slacking on the excersize. I have been outside running around with my son and walking everywhere, so I am being active just not exercising in home. I will most likely do it today though and start up again I just needed that much needed break. I have been doing plenty sit ups and crunches.

On the upside I had my 3rd fill yesterday of 1 cc totalling 7 cc's in a 10cc band. My surgeon walked in the door and praised me completely. He told me I was one of his best patients I have constantly steadily lost weight since the surgery and I have not gained any.. I am down another 3 since surgery day 30 lbs since surgery and 39 since one week pre op. I am almost in the 170's my mini goal is to hit 150 which is going to be hard. My mother in law is doing weightwatchers and shes lost 30 lbs but with gains throughout the whole process and shes like yea we are tied, but shes been on weightwatchers since january I have only had the band since march 2nd! It was my 3 month bandaversary (sp??) on wednesday!!!! Having the actual surgeon praise me on my progress was amazing. The woman who went in before me gained 5 lbs and said he said nothing to her at all.

He also told me that I lost a significant amount of body fat and my belly is just all loose skin. He has trouble accessing my port because of this fat loss. Which is a great thing just now it hurts to get fills because the port moves a lot more cause theres nothing there really holding into place but the mesh pocket he put in there. This is why I have been having port trouble because it flips around. crazy band!!!!:Dancing_biggrin:

Eating a Protein bar for breakfast, a piece of fish or chicken cutlet for lunch and then dinner is whatever lunch wasnt if im home....if out then ill have fish or some seafood something...mostly grilled something. lol

Jodi

I am so happy for you jodi! sound like you are doing good!

I wish i was in a 12 :) I have gone from a 22 to an 18 so i am almost out of plus size! heheh

Hello All,

I hope that everyone is doing well with their band.

I just had my 3 month Band Birthday and am SO happy that I am on this journey.

I was on a slow down for the last few weeks, but decided that I needed to jump start everything by upping my exercise and cutting my food intake a bit. I have my 3RD fill on Monday.

When I started this program, my surgeon made a comment that I took to heart - he said - I bet that you will be down 50lbs by the summer. Two more weeks until the end of school - for me the beginning of summer. Only 1 more pound to reach that mini goal that I set. 2 more pounds and I will be under 300!

Update you all! Want to know how you are all doing!

Cynthia

Thats great, my three month bandaversary was the 2nd of June and I had a fill one the 3rd. I am up to 7cc's in a 10 cc band. I have been semi slacking but my surgeon praised my weightloss and said my port trouble is due to my fat loss in the port area. Which is good. I have reached a good amount of restriction, I really have to chew chew chew or else some stuff gets stuck. Down 30 lbs only 57 till goal or something.

Woohoo:w00t: I had my 3 month bandiversary on the 5th too! I think I celebrated it by working:huh2:. Oh well! Life is good and the scale isn't so scary anymore:tongue_smilie:!

Havent weighted myself in a week but I have a non-scale Victory to report.. I ran 2 miles yesterday! I am so happy.. I have been wanting to do a 5k for years and I decided to try to do the couch to 5k thing but I got bored of that so I just went for a run yesterday and ran 2 miles! non stop!

Tina - we are band date buddies! Congrats!

Liftingchic - 2 miles running - that is AWESOME!

Had my 3RD fill yesterday - I feel some restriction for the first time! I cannot believe it! I hope it lasts. I thought that I had a 10cc band and found out yesterday that I have a 14cc band. On top of that I hit the 50 pound lost club today - tomorrow I am hoping to be in the 200's - wish me luck! I will have to set a new mini goal - 275 sounds reasonable for Labor day.

Cynthia