Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

Good Monday Morning Everyone!!!!!

Well I am down another 2 lbs this week. Everything seems to be going well except I think that I am eating more than I should most days. I really have to watch my portions because I don't really get "full". I just look at my plate and go "Wow you need to stop eating!" and then I tend to get hungry in between meals. Still happy with the loss so far but really can't wait to get my first fill.

Oh, I also had my first stuck episode this weekend were the food came back up. Did not like that at all and learned my lesson. Should not have been eating was I was eating anyway, chocolate birthday cake, will never do that again!!! I felt like I could not breath and then I tried to drink some warm Water and then felt like I was drownding.

Hi March Banders,

I hope that everyone is doing well and hoping that most of you all have been loosing. Has everyone gotten their first fill yet?

I am now 7 and 1/2 weeks post surgery and feeling great. I went shopping last week and bought a size 26 pants instead of a 32! My closet is begining to empty - no more need for size 32 winter clothing!

This week I am down 2lbs. Slow and steady! It is wierd - one day I will be down 2lbs and then nothing for a week.

Still coughing from my first banded cold - I was SO afraid that I would slip my band, but thankfully everything is fine.

Can still eat WAY too much - next fill isn't for 4 weeks:thumbdown:

Keep it up!

Cynthia:smile2:

Banded 3/5/10 350lb

Current 4/27/10 317lb

Good afternoon March Bandsters.

Glad to see everyone is doing well and everyone is having steady weight loss. I am working hard on this. =) my second fill:thumbup: is 5/5

Hi all....

Lord its been a hell of a last two weeks.

Why??? simply because im a sucker. Yes....thats it really.

It all started on Thursday when I was asked to foster a dog..who btw will be featured as pet of the week on the "Today Show" on Thursday.

Since we moved to the five towns area a year and half ago we gave up fostering dogs, from the ASPCA. Kill shelter in NYC. We fostered about 8 dogs so far...but after moving to an apt....it just wasnt condusive...however....

heres the sucker part.....this dog who happens to have been a stray and found is such a mush and a very polite guest!! As a matter of fact hes the perfect pet.

NO, NO, NO, cannot will not keep him! I want to but cant.

Why??? My life is so up in the air...each day is well a suprise even for me...there is nothing consistant about me or my life! How can I adopt another dog?? In an apt??? no backyard??

He is a gorgeous black lab. Well behaved and great nature..sweet, calm and did I say perfect??

He has attached himself to my daughter and wherest she goes that dog goes with. Hes 2 yrs old.

The question is what possessed me to say yes to fostering un the first place.

This weekend was so busy....We were out all day Sunday so needed a dog walker and the dog was okay....but I worried about him...yesturday I needed to drive him to the city for a groom so that he can be all cleaned up for the shoot. SO, I drove him before work then picked him up after work....Then had to run to the gym for a traning, didnt get home till 9.

So had to pay the babysitter an extra two hours.

Tomorrow....I have to come home from Bklyn to come home and pick dog up and bring him to city by 8 at night..so he can be ready to go on set Thursday early..and then pick him up again on Thursday.

Why oh Why did I volenteer....I dont have the time for this!

Its hard enough to find time during the day for everything as is.

Okay...well he is the sweetest and would hate to think if him staying at that shelter for a week or so until adoption....and with the kill shelter...they get 3 days...if not adopted they are euthenized. No dog should have that happen...but couldnt it have been another foster parent??

well....enough venting about the dog, Whos name is Boomer.

So.....Dassi had an audition with a director Sunday and got an honorable mention however did not get a contract. Owell.....have another one next one and then another two to go...perhaps one of these big ones will like her enough for even a little role. As I cannot deal with taking her to a thousand auditions to get "one yes" Id rather shlep the foster dog around all day!

My brother had a baby boy sunday!! This sunday is the Bris. Monday my friends mother passed away so went to the funeral and tonight went to pay a shiva call...I also needed to take my dog to the vet. Didnt arrive home till 9.

Tommorow will not prove to be any less busy....

hence....it will be just as stressful. I have a Pulminary doctor apt at 8 and then work afterwhich taking the dog to the city and then I have a meeting at Dassis school to discuss the next years bat mitzvah girls program. Dassi has Karate at 7. The meeting is at 7:45. So.....how the heck??? Its a wonder how I ever have time to work in between the rest of my life.

Calgon take me away!

SO, Im a little peeved that I do not have enough time to get the gym each day. If I didnt have the two set times per week with the trainer...I know I would never ever get to that gym. Unfortunately the 8 sessions are over and now need to make a decission about continuing.

I know I must have this...for at least 6 months. so what to do?? I could think of the old fashioned way to make the money for this...$2,500. but, unless I loose another 40 llbs overnight and regress in age 20 yrs.....I dont think thats an option. (besides it isnt something that I can do) so ill have to think of how to do this!

I must. So I will somehow! I have nothing left to sell am behind on basicallly everything....so ill have to think real hard!! I hate that...as it always included crunching numbers over and over!

so, its been a busy day, week and it isnt stopping....perhaps this is a good thing, not concentrating on food all day.

Speaking of food....Ive been keeping up with the 900 cal a day...this seems to be okay..for now. Im not hungry for more at the moment. Been keeping up with 40 gr, pt. a day. Lost another 3 llbs since last week. Liqiud is my problem. I cannot get enough water....I fill several bottles of water..but each time I take a sip...I put it down and then I move and I its gone....

Ive lost so many Water bottles throughout the day that I cant keep up with loosing all these bottles and the loss of the water that im not drinking.

well...im dizzy just writing about my week...so im sure everyone else is as well!! SO will stop now.

Have a great night all.

Jodi

Hi all....

Lord its been a hell of a last two weeks.

Why??? simply because im a sucker. Yes....thats it really.

It all started on Thursday when I was asked to foster a dog..who btw will be featured as pet of the week on the "Today Show" on Thursday.

Since we moved to the five towns area a year and half ago we gave up fostering dogs, from the ASPCA. Kill shelter in NYC. We fostered about 8 dogs so far...but after moving to an apt....it just wasnt condusive...however....

heres the sucker part.....this dog who happens to have been a stray and found is such a mush and a very polite guest!! As a matter of fact hes the perfect pet.

NO, NO, NO, cannot will not keep him! I want to but cant.

Why??? My life is so up in the air...each day is well a suprise even for me...there is nothing consistant about me or my life! How can I adopt another dog?? In an apt??? no backyard??

He is a gorgeous black lab. Well behaved and great nature..sweet, calm and did I say perfect??

He has attached himself to my daughter and wherest she goes that dog goes with. Hes 2 yrs old.

The question is what possessed me to say yes to fostering un the first place.

This weekend was so busy....We were out all day Sunday so needed a dog walker and the dog was okay....but I worried about him...yesturday I needed to drive him to the city for a groom so that he can be all cleaned up for the shoot. SO, I drove him before work then picked him up after work....Then had to run to the gym for a traning, didnt get home till 9.

So had to pay the babysitter an extra two hours.

Tomorrow....I have to come home from Bklyn to come home and pick dog up and bring him to city by 8 at night..so he can be ready to go on set Thursday early..and then pick him up again on Thursday.

Why oh Why did I volenteer....I dont have the time for this!

Its hard enough to find time during the day for everything as is.

Okay...well he is the sweetest and would hate to think if him staying at that shelter for a week or so until adoption....and with the kill shelter...they get 3 days...if not adopted they are euthenized. No dog should have that happen...but couldnt it have been another foster parent??

well....enough venting about the dog, Whos name is Boomer.

So.....Dassi had an audition with a director Sunday and got an honorable mention however did not get a contract. Owell.....have another one next one and then another two to go...perhaps one of these big ones will like her enough for even a little role. As I cannot deal with taking her to a thousand auditions to get "one yes" Id rather shlep the foster dog around all day!

My brother had a baby boy sunday!! This sunday is the Bris. Monday my friends mother passed away so went to the funeral and tonight went to pay a shiva call...I also needed to take my dog to the vet. Didnt arrive home till 9.

Tommorow will not prove to be any less busy....

hence....it will be just as stressful. I have a Pulminary doctor apt at 8 and then work afterwhich taking the dog to the city and then I have a meeting at Dassis school to discuss the next years bat mitzvah girls program. Dassi has Karate at 7. The meeting is at 7:45. So.....how the heck??? Its a wonder how I ever have time to work in between the rest of my life.

Calgon take me away!

SO, Im a little peeved that I do not have enough time to get the gym each day. If I didnt have the two set times per week with the trainer...I know I would never ever get to that gym. Unfortunately the 8 sessions are over and now need to make a decission about continuing.

I know I must have this...for at least 6 months. so what to do?? I could think of the old fashioned way to make the money for this...$2,500. but, unless I loose another 40 llbs overnight and regress in age 20 yrs.....I dont think thats an option. (besides it isnt something that I can do) so ill have to think of how to do this!

I must. So I will somehow! I have nothing left to sell am behind on basicallly everything....so ill have to think real hard!! I hate that...as it always included crunching numbers over and over!

so, its been a busy day, week and it isnt stopping....perhaps this is a good thing, not concentrating on food all day.

Speaking of food....Ive been keeping up with the 900 cal a day...this seems to be okay..for now. Im not hungry for more at the moment. Been keeping up with 40 gr, pt. a day. Lost another 3 llbs since last week. Liqiud is my problem. I cannot get enough water....I fill several bottles of water..but each time I take a sip...I put it down and then I move and I its gone....

Ive lost so many Water bottles throughout the day that I cant keep up with loosing all these bottles and the loss of the water that im not drinking.

well...im dizzy just writing about my week...so im sure everyone else is as well!! SO will stop now.

Have a great night all.

Jodi

Jodi you are very busy. But you need to make sure you have time to yourself to keep up with your new banded life. Especially the working out part. I dont have money to go to a gym but I am steadily losing weight and working out in my living room!

Hi everyone! :smile:

I haven't checked in in a while so I thought I'd drop by and say hi. So... HI!! :thumbup:

Things, aside from the pounds steadily disappearing, are uneventful. Which is fine with me.

Hubby and I joined Planet Fitness a couple weeks ago and I love it.

So far I'm down an unofficial 31lbs. I say unofficial because that's what my scale said this morning but I don't usually weigh myself officially until Monday morning.

Jodi, sorry everything is so chaotic for you right now. I hope things calm down a little bit for you so you can find some time for yourself.

Edited by ♥Amy♥

Hi Jodi,

I'm sorry you had a week from hell. Something must have been in the air last week. On Friday I had my first fill and my husband called me from his office telling me that someone had dumped a dog there, and the guy who was taking care of her already has two other dogs that had been dumped and wanted me to stop by and see if I wanted the dog!!! Well long story short I can't say no to a dog and now we have another dog which makes six!! I think I'm going to be one of those old ladies with a lot of dogs!!!!! oh and cats as we seem to end up with a bunch of feral cats.... I don't understand why people do these things to animals... Hope things get better and easier for you. Hey i'm thinking about going to New York in about a month or so. My nephews are going to come to Oregon for the summer and so I am going to stay with my sister and then fly home with the boys. Maybe when I'm there we can meet! Let me know.

Monica

Monica and Jodi,

I live in Tenafly, NJ - which is a NYC suburb - let me know if you all meet! Stevie is also in NJ.

Jodi - my brother is in Old Westbury and all my cousins are in Roslyn/Roslyn Heights. What a great area - except for the traffic!

Keep up all the great work ladies (and gent)!

Cynthia

Good afternoon March Bandsters.

Glad to see everyone is doing well and everyone is having steady weight loss. I am working hard on this. =) my second fill:thumbup: is 5/5

Stevie

Your numbers are very similar to mine banded 3/8

Highest weight 210

Current 183

Goal 135

First fill 4/5

Next 5/3

Hi everyone. Things are going well here, but I had my fill on April 23rd and am still on liquids. The doctor told me when he filled me that it was between 4 and 6 cc's and believe me all I can do is drink. I was a tad bit amazed at the amount that he put in my band at once, especially since the package insert said 2 to 3 cc's for first fill with the Lapband VG. My doctor basically put the needle in under xray and had me sit up and drink Water while he tightened it down. I can drink and feel a bit of fullness off it alone and am losing about 1 pound a day. It's a tad bit scary, but since I don't have another 200 bucks I'll have to get by until I can either get a little unfill or I can eat food.

I was banded on 3/11 and am down 35 pounds plus...I don't weigh again until tomorrow. Everyone said they can tell that I've lost weight especially in my face and my clothing is starting to get smaller. I'm rarely hungry which is good I guess considering I can't really eat anything.

Anyways, thought I'd pop in with the news. Talk to you all later.

Hi March Bandsters!

My surg. was march 15, 2010.

I finally got my first fill this afternoon, so I have a total of 3cc. My surgeon leaves band empty till 6weeks post op. I'm feeling fine, and hope this gives me a bit of restriction because it will be monthly adjustments from here on out. I've lost a total of 32lbs (incl. pre op diet). I've been at 212 for a few weeks now- so looking forward to restriction. On liquids for a few days, so that should kick things going downward a bit in the meantime...:redface: i can smell onderland, just a few weeks away maybe???

Hi everyone. Hope all is well with all you fellow bandsters and all are enjoying your weekend. For all those who live on the east coast....hope you are enjoying the great weather.

Today we spent the day pretty much in the park. We took a large sheet, food and Water and spent a couple hours. My daughter had two freinds sleep over for shabbat and they had fun with the foster dog. I sat and read my "picture perfect weight loss program"

I like this program as it uses illustrations to show you all the items you can eat and the calories for all. It also shows you foods that you might think are low calorie and oposite each they show what you could be eating instead with the number of cal. For example...on one side of the page was a picture of a corn muffin and cal of I think about 400 cal. On the other side was a pic of about 6 different items of fruit plus two whole wheat somethings for the same amt of cal. hmm

This is how the book goes through Breakfast, lunch, dinners and Snacks. They have several different "demonstrations" of what you might consider typically for meals with the cal under each and then what really is better choices with the same amt. Objective is to show that you can eat alot of food that doesnt have alot of calories from fats and carbs or so called low fat diet foods or that we might think is low fat.

Im not sure about anyone else but seeing for me is believing. I need the visuals. If I dont see it then its not getting through and so this seems to be helping. It also discusses the importance of not making drastic changes on eating patterns that we are used to. People are differnt and appetites and food routines are differnt. It talks about not changing these but changing the food choices for those times to foods that are satisfying but lower in cal.

The best.....is the idea that deprivation is a bad thing....the idea is not to deprive but to give in to what ever cravings with better choices if possible and if not work what you are craving into the daily program. Premise being if you dont get what your body and mind wants its going to get it two fold later with other items that are possibly even unhealthier.

It also comes with a shopping book to take along with to the supermarket and goes through each dept and illustrates differnt pictures to help you choose healthier items compared with items that wouldnt be good choices for those depts. This has helped tremendously as shopping had become a 2-3 hour ordeal because I now am looking at each item I want at the nutritional value....and it is quite amazing how I never cared to look at anything before...if I wanted it I bought it.... never looked to see what the contents was...if it was organic then it was good....but now I see OMG> how could I have ever eaten something on a reg basis that was 700 cal a serving?? well....times a changing. lol

Has anyone else been having shopping experiences like this.

I just know that I could be in the super for about an hour and come out with 4-5 items. My daughter sometimes is like. what???? Thats all you bought?? wheres the food!? I just laugh because shes right..until I figure it all out and it becomes a little easier...with the help of my shopping book...this is the way shopping will be.

Ive lost 30 llbs as of last week. Havent weighed in since last Monday. People have deffinetly begun to notice. Yea. My clothes are becoming loose and it will be time to go shopping yea! Ive noticed Ive diff lost in the face and upper body..I also lost in the hips and legs. Im narrower however...the stomach is what needs to go!!! lol

Liftingchic; Yes, you are doing great. Again this is not a race to see who looses fastest...its an individual program and each person is different. Each doctor is different as to when and how much of a fill to give at each adjustment date.

What you can do is follow the exact orders of the doctors and nutritionist or dieticion and exercise daily. If you do these things the weight will come off. Its a personal journey that we are on and for each one of us the challenges are different. Mine for instance is exersize. Yours might be in food choices someone elses might be in not getting enough liqiuds or being able to tolerate pt, shakes, Vitamins etc.

Your doing great...your objective is to become a healthier you and you are taking the steps to do that....baby steps are the best if they will keep you steady and strong!!

Im not sure who posted that they were coming to NY but I seemed to erase the post that I was responding to forgive me.....but I read the post and you are coming iin May I gather to meet your neices? ..I would love to get together....maybe we can all get together from the metropolitan area? Stevie said she lives in NJ and alot of others as well!

When are you going to be here?? lets set a date now...so we can all schedule. My e-mail is NYSparklegirl@aol.com

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Jodi

Edited by NYSparklegirl

Stevie

Your numbers are very similar to mine banded 3/8

Highest weight 210

Current 183

Goal 135

First fill 4/5

Next 5/3

Now how tall are you? I am only 4'10 so the weight is hard to bear on a little body. I go in for my next fill this wednesday! I am hoping for something around 2 more cc's I can still eat, slight restriction here and there but almost nothing at all and I have 4cc's in a 10 cc band!I am just thankful that I can doo things that I couldnt 20 lbs heavier! People are noticing that I have been losing weight, I am finally back into Jr's size clothing, well atleat the XL's but I always had problems with shirts ebcause I am big chested, even when I was 120 lbs I had a 32 DD, Now Im a 38 DD but 20 lbs heavier I was 42DD.

All you ladies in NY and Nj we should all meet up this summer. Im not far from AC or Ocean City and the summer it would be nice to walk the boardwalks an I think it would be fun!!!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::o

Now how tall are you? I am only 4'10 so the weight is hard to bear on a little body. I go in for my next fill this wednesday! I am hoping for something around 2 more cc's I can still eat, slight restriction here and there but almost nothing at all and I have 4cc's in a 10 cc band!I am just thankful that I can doo things that I couldnt 20 lbs heavier! People are noticing that I have been losing weight, I am finally back into Jr's size clothing, well atleat the XL's but I always had problems with shirts ebcause I am big chested, even when I was 120 lbs I had a 32 DD, Now Im a 38 DD but 20 lbs heavier I was 42DD.

All you ladies in NY and Nj we should all meet up this summer. Im not far from AC or Ocean City and the summer it would be nice to walk the boardwalks an I think it would be fun!!!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I live in Monmouth County - central NJ by the beach. Wow Stevie 4'10 you are tiny!!!!!!!!!! I am 5'4. I am big chested also but since losing 30 lbs - I have lost 6 inches off my chest. This makes me very happy - I hate having big breasts like you I always need a larger shirt. I must say this is hard work. Before I was banded I thought this was the "easy" way to lose weight - now I realize it is just another tool. Albeit a great tool but a tool all the mental stuff is hard.

Hi All-

It's been a while since I checked in. I went for my first fill on April 30th, he decided to wait another 4 weeks since I am feeling some restriction w/o the fill. I can drink fluids and eat Soup without any problem, beef is something I really have to focus to chew. I saw my nutritionist last week. Its a good thing I saw her, I needed some reminders about portions, I really need to buckle down and focus on getting enough Protein and taking care of the pouch. I have had some pain from not focusing on chewing and some PB as well. Had a great walk yesterday lots of hills beautiful weather, I also have a dumb bell dvd that I need to make part of my routine... it's only 23 minutes, must make the time. Have a great day!!:thumbup: