Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

Yes...I agree. They said eat Protein, it keeps you full longer. A shake will not...it passes through very quickly. If you're tight in the morning and have a hard time eating a meal, that's when it's okay to have a Protein Shake. For me... I'm tighter at bedtime.

I was banded on 3/25 and have my first fill on 5/6. For the last week and a half I feel like I have no "restriction" (and I no I shouldn't since I have not had a fill). I am also afraid of stretching the pouch. For Breakfast I have been eating egg beaters, the equivalent to two eggs, with cheese and ham scrambled in or the egg beaters with green peppers and onions and a sausage link. for lunch it has been one of the tuna to go lunches or some leftover from dinner the night before which is a hamburger patty and veggies or some other Protein grilled and veggies. Then I get home and eat a slice or two of cheese. For dinner protein and veggies. However, I get hungry between meals and I have started snacking again. I have been bouncin betweeen 28 and 30 pounds lost.

Hi all

Glad to hear everyone's news. Isn't it a great feeling to be getting slimmer? I'm so happy (most of the time).

I had my first fill on April 9th, bringing me to a total of 7.5 in a 10ml band, and felt like I still had no restriction. I could eat anything, including steak and bread, and felt like I was controlling my portions with no help from the band. It took me 3 weeks to lose 1 kilo, when up till now I've been losing a kilo per week. Getting frustrated. My next fill is May 5th, and I tried to get an earlier one but I couldn't.

However, after the last couple of days I'm glad I didn't get another fill. I got stuck on Wednesday night, wasn't concentrating on chewing a piece of lamb chop. Ouch, now I've experienced sliming and PBing, and I wanted to never go there. Terrible pain for an hour, then still constantly upchucking for 6 hrs. Then I had a few sips of Water, and that wouldn't even go down so another couple of hours of sliming. YUK.

Yesterday, all I could tolerate was sips of clear Fluid, and today I can still only have a few sips at a time. It feels like the first few days post-op, so I guess I'm all swollen. I'll just keep on sipping, then go back on mushies when it feels OK. What an awful way to be reminded to chew and chew.

Apart from that, it's all good. I'm still shopping in my own wardrobe, and lots of my clothes are too baggy to wear any more.

Hi all.

Hope everyone is feeling good!!!

Had my first fill Wednesday and none to soon. I was starving all day before that for about a week but couldnt eat alot at a time....so ate small little Snacks all day! The fill didnt hurt at all..I was so worried! Felt like a little prick and that was it. Turns out there was still some air in there even after taking some out after surgery. She put in a full fill and I drank a glass of Water after and I was fine. so....im good. Went to nurtrtionist last night and figure up till now I was eating about 700-900 cal at most. Now I will start to eat 900-1000 if that much but thats the plan. Hope it stays..easy. it is now...but afraid ill be eating more and more....but for now its okay!

Going to gym for private training and have been going twice weekly however.,,,ive only gotten there when not with him to do cardio machines once. Not good..but cant seem to get a routine going..to tired in AM and PM I plan but always something comes up. Not sure how to remedy except keep trying to go.

Hello All,

Haven't Posted in awhile cause I have been very busy... So three weeks post-op Today, down roughly 20lbs which is very exciting... I've been reading that some people have been having issus with food... I have been the exact opposite. I have been eating everything... Pasta, rice and bread without any problems. I somtimes forget that I've had surgery because I am feeling so well, I find it really bizzare. I too am having issues with not being able to drink while I eat. I have always had Water with all my meals. If anyone has any tips for this I would love to hear it.

Hi...yes, I also felt as if I had no band the last few weeks until yesturday. Now eating less again and not hungry. I know what you feel like...I also said...hmm I dont feel like I have a band at all...except I wasnt eating anything near what I ate before surgery...this is how im told you should know. When I went to the surgeon on Wednesday he said..when you begin to feel like this and eating more and have little restriction thats when you know its time for an adjustment. Makes sense I guess.

I am just nurvous that Im going to stretch the pouch, not sure how that is done...I just figure its a 4oz pouch so anything less then 4oz at a time is okay. Im not eating anything more then 2 or 3 is okay.

Looks like everyone is doing well. That's awesome! :(

I Hope everyone is doing good!

I was banded on 3/25 and have my first fill on 5/6. For the last week and a half I feel like I have no "restriction" (and I no I shouldn't since I have not had a fill). I am also afraid of stretching the pouch. For breakfast I have been eating egg beaters, the equivalent to two eggs, with cheese and ham scrambled in or the egg beaters with green peppers and onions and a sausage link. for lunch it has been one of the tuna to go lunches or some leftover from dinner the night before which is a hamburger patty and veggies or some other Protein grilled and veggies. Then I get home and eat a slice or two of cheese. For dinner Protein and veggies. However, I get hungry between meals and I have started snacking again. I have been bouncin betweeen 28 and 30 pounds lost.

Findingyou...glad to see you!! I

WOW!! 30 llbs,,thats great!!! Glad to hear your doing well. sounds like your eating great as well....try a Protein Bar as a shake or eat smaller but more often meals.

Hi all

Glad to hear everyone's news. Isn't it a great feeling to be getting slimmer? I'm so happy (most of the time).

I had my first fill on April 9th, bringing me to a total of 7.5 in a 10ml band, and felt like I still had no restriction. I could eat anything, including steak and bread, and felt like I was controlling my portions with no help from the band. It took me 3 weeks to lose 1 kilo, when up till now I've been losing a kilo per week. Getting frustrated. My next fill is May 5th, and I tried to get an earlier one but I couldn't.

However, after the last couple of days I'm glad I didn't get another fill. I got stuck on Wednesday night, wasn't concentrating on chewing a piece of lamb chop. Ouch, now I've experienced sliming and PBing, and I wanted to never go there. Terrible pain for an hour, then still constantly upchucking for 6 hrs. Then I had a few sips of water, and that wouldn't even go down so another couple of hours of sliming. YUK.

Yesterday, all I could tolerate was sips of clear Fluid, and today I can still only have a few sips at a time. It feels like the first few days post-op, so I guess I'm all swollen. I'll just keep on sipping, then go back on mushies when it feels OK. What an awful way to be reminded to chew and chew.

Apart from that, it's all good. I'm still shopping in my own wardrobe, and lots of my clothes are too baggy to wear any more.

im so sorry you had this experience. I hope you are feeling better now....yes liquids for a day or two...until you feel better even for a week sometimes is needed I hear. Take it slow dont rush....its not a race...just feel good. If you dont within a week...you might want to call surgeon just to check. Im sure all will be fine.

Stevie....glad things are going well...and you are feeling good......with fills.

Have a great day all.....and an enjoyable weekend!

Jodi

Hello all,

Figured that I would log in and say hello. How is everyone doing?

I have a terrible cold and every time I cough or sneeze, I am holding my stomach! After reading all of the posts of slipped bands, I have been driving myself crazy. I understand the likelyhood is very slim, but....

I had my first fill a week ago (2.5cc in a 10cc band), but unfortunately no restriction. I do have the feeling of being full until my next meal though, and that is a big plus. I get a full feeling about 45 minutes later. I am deffinitly eating a bit too quickly and not chewing as well as I should - this is something I have to keep on working at.

I have been eating about a cup of food 3 times a day - sometimes with a small snack. My Protein levels have been great, but I still have to incorporate more veggies and fruit into my diet. My calorie count has been steady around 1100-1200 daily. Been walking 45 minutes 4-5 times a week. It is getting MUCH easier, and I am really begining to enjoy it!

I had to switch my Vitamins from the Bariatric Advantage multi and a second for Calcium because I just couldn't stomach the taste. I am now taking 2 flintstones complete and 2 viactive Calcium. Not the calcium type that is absorbed as well, but at least I am not gagging on it twice a day!

Hiccups anyone?

My next fill isn't until May 24th. Really hoping it will help.

How is everyone's clothing fitting (or rather NOT fitting?). Down from a 32 to a 28. I am very excited.

Post everyone - want to hear both the good and bad - we are all here to support each other!

Cynthia

Surgery 3-3-10 350lb

Current 4-23-10 318lb (-32lb):(

Cynthia -

We had a similar starting weight, how are you down to 318? I envy you! I am stuck at only -28lbs, I have been following the "diet" to the letter, and I haven't seen the scale budge in the past week!

I haven't felt up to working out yet, so I suppose that's why I haven't seen as rapid weight loss as you. I plan on getting active starting Monday.

I won't get my first fill until 5/21, which is a whopping 7 weeks, 3 days after my surgery. I wonder why my surgeon is waiting so long to give me a fill. I can already tell I am eating more than I was able to eat a week ago.

Mimi -

You are doing great! 32 vs 28 pounds are the same! SO much more than I have ever lost before! I really think that the walking is helping. I work, so I have been walking around 8:30 at night on the track either by myself or with a friend. I bought myself an ipod, and since I don't like music particularly, I listen to pod casts (just learned what they were from my kids) - talk radio - and that makes the time go by SO quickly. There are even lapband podcasts! I started out walking only 1 time around the track (1/4mi) and am now up to 7-8laps.

As far as what I eat - my doctor says to try to keep it around 1 cup/meal (3X day and 1/2 cup 2X day) but he says - eat until you are slightly full not stuffed. I know this is different from a lot of the other posts that I see here.

My typical calorie count is around 1200 day. I find that if it drops below 1000 that I do not lose. I journal it every day at lapband.com. My typical breakfast is 1/2 cup tuna salad or an egg, 1/2 english muffin and a piece of turkey sausage. For breakfast, I also like turkey deli meat rolled with laughing cow low fat cheese. lunch is just a smaller portion of what I used to eat (really varies daily but not necessarily "diet food") - often a lean cuisine. dinner usually consists of some type of lean Protein - usually chicken. As Isaid - getting my Proteins in ,but lacking on the veggie/fruit side. Feeling full though because of all the Protein.< /p>

Good luck! Ket me know how the fill goes!

Cynthia

I am sad when I come on here now.. Everyone is losing more then me.. I am 277, was 290 day of surgery :biggrin: thats only 13 lbs since march 19. I am working out hard at the gym.. doing 40 mins of cardio 5days a week, weight lifting 4x a week ... My food choices havent been great but its still WAY less then i was eating before...

I am sad when I come on here now.. Everyone is losing more then me.. I am 277, was 290 day of surgery :biggrin: thats only 13 lbs since march 19. I am working out hard at the gym.. doing 40 mins of cardio 5days a week, weight lifting 4x a week ... My food choices havent been great but its still WAY less then i was eating before...

Hi

Please don't feel sad, that's a great loss. More than 2lb a week. I'm happy losing 2 lb a week, it's a healthy number, and what groups like weight watchers aim at. It took me 3 weeks to lose 2 lb. I lost 8lb pre-op, but since then I average 2lb a week except for those frustrating 3 weeks when I slowed down. This is a life change, won't happen in 3 months (but don't I wish it would).

Keep looking at the big picture, how healthy you'll be in 12 months, and for the rest of your life. And look at the other positives. Mine are I feel lighter when I walk, and don't take BP or reflux meds any more. Plus I've saved money - my work clothes fit again, so I didn't have to buy bigger ones. They were too tight when I got the band, and needed replacing.

Ive found that diet is probably as important if not more than exercise. I was eating whatever, just smaller portions then watched for about a week, results where much better when I ate healthier, obviously, but its still hard to do all the time. Besides 13# is still a loss, some people gain before fill(assuming you havent had a fill).

I am sad when I come on here now.. Everyone is losing more then me.. I am 277, was 290 day of surgery :lol: thats only 13 lbs since march 19. I am working out hard at the gym.. doing 40 mins of cardio 5days a week, weight lifting 4x a week ... My food choices havent been great but its still WAY less then i was eating before...

Dont be sad. Your still losing and not gaining look at it that way. As long as it is coming off! I only started @ 209 but I am also 4'10" so it made me look super heavy, but I am down to 188lbs when I got my fill. I still get frustrated I want to be down way down . 2 years ago I was only 120 lbs but then I got pregnant. It all went downhill from there. Today I was actually able to by a Jr size XL and not plus size.:biggrin:

I did the math yesterday and realized i dont have anything to be sad about.. Everyone loses weight a different rates and with lifting, i might be gaining muscle too..

I was 279 at 2 week preop vist (11lb since surgery)

today I am 274 that is 5 lbs in a little over 2 weeks

So thats is 2lbs a week.. thats great... And its only my fault i am not losing more, I am not following all the rules like i should be doing.. So i am going to try to work on getting better :biggrin:

I had my first fill last week (3.5 cc) but haven't felt it much. So far I've lost 34 pounds, including from the pre-op diet. Weight loss is up and down, but I'm trying to stick to the diet. Even on a bad day, it's only 1500 calories. In the old days, it would have been much worse, and I wouldn't have gone back on the diet the next day.

I had my first fill last week (3.5 cc) but haven't felt it much. So far I've lost 34 pounds, including from the pre-op diet. Weight loss is up and down, but I'm trying to stick to the diet. Even on a bad day, it's only 1500 calories. In the old days, it would have been much worse, and I wouldn't have gone back on the diet the next day.

Thats what its all about... When you fall of the wagon jump back on..

Hi all, It is good to hear everyone is doing well. I am a little over 6 weeks out and had my first fill last Tuesday (total of 3 cc). For the first day or 2 I didn't feel any different. But since Friday I am only eating about 2 oz of Protein and sometimes 1/4 c of veggies. So I guess I do have restriction. Please someone please tell me does restriction feel like it did the first 2 weeks after surgery?? What I mean is... do you feel like you swallowed an icecube? I do and that is how I felt after surgery. Could someone describe how you feel with restriction?

Otherwise I have been doing great! I have so much more energy now!! The weight loss has been great, my clothes are beginning to hang on me. I have started shopping my clothes I had outgrown. Oh yeah, and the hump on the back of my neck is gone!

Have a great week everyone:thumbup: